Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Will Black Voters Still Love Biden When They Remember Who He Was?

  1. #1
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,432
    Amen (Given)
    14180
    Amen (Received)
    29042

    Will Black Voters Still Love Biden When They Remember Who He Was?

    Will Black Voters Still Love Biden When They Remember Who He Was?


    Joe Biden once called state-mandated school integration “the most racist concept you can come up with,” and Barack Obama “the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean.” He was a staunch opponent of “forced busing” in the 1970s, and leading crusader for mass incarceration throughout the ‘80s and ‘90s. Uncle Joe has described African-American felons as “predators” too sociopathic to rehabilitate — and white supremacist senators as his friends.

    And, as of this writing, a plurality of black Democrats want him to be their party’s 2020 nominee.

    Whether Biden can retain that support, after voters learn more about his problematic past, could very well determine the outcome of the party’s primary race. To explore that question, let’s pick through the former vice-president’s hefty baggage on racial justice — and then, the case for thinking that Obama’s halo will prove to be brighter than the shadow of Biden’s record is dark.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  2. #2
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,667
    Amen (Given)
    546
    Amen (Received)
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Will Black Voters Still Love Biden When They Remember Who He Was?


    Joe Biden once called state-mandated school integration “the most racist concept you can come up with,” and Barack Obama “the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean.” He was a staunch opponent of “forced busing” in the 1970s, and leading crusader for mass incarceration throughout the ‘80s and ‘90s. Uncle Joe has described African-American felons as “predators” too sociopathic to rehabilitate — and white supremacist senators as his friends.

    And, as of this writing, a plurality of black Democrats want him to be their party’s 2020 nominee.

    Whether Biden can retain that support, after voters learn more about his problematic past, could very well determine the outcome of the party’s primary race. To explore that question, let’s pick through the former vice-president’s hefty baggage on racial justice — and then, the case for thinking that Obama’s halo will prove to be brighter than the shadow of Biden’s record is dark.
    Perhaps not. What’s more likely happening blacks are forced to vote for the guy who at least doesn’t troll and antagonize the black community via twitter and in his speeches.

    Trump Uses Shooting of Dwyane Wade’s Cousin to Court Black Voters
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ck-voters.html

    Actor Don Cheadle, not exactly the most militant voice in the black community, responded rather forcefully.

    Don Cheadle Calls Trump a “P.O.S.,” Urges Him to “Die in a Grease Fire”
    https://slate.com/culture/2016/08/do...ease-fire.html

    We’ve experienced four years of veiled racist tweets and malignant narcissism. It’s understandable that blacks will essentially be voting for the much less creepy racist of creepy racists.

  3. #3
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    967
    Amen (Given)
    148
    Amen (Received)
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Will Black Voters Still Love Biden When They Remember Who He Was?


    Joe Biden once called state-mandated school integration “the most racist concept you can come up with,” and Barack Obama “the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean.” He was a staunch opponent of “forced busing” in the 1970s, and leading crusader for mass incarceration throughout the ‘80s and ‘90s. Uncle Joe has described African-American felons as “predators” too sociopathic to rehabilitate — and white supremacist senators as his friends.

    And, as of this writing, a plurality of black Democrats want him to be their party’s 2020 nominee.

    Whether Biden can retain that support, after voters learn more about his problematic past, could very well determine the outcome of the party’s primary race. To explore that question, let’s pick through the former vice-president’s hefty baggage on racial justice — and then, the case for thinking that Obama’s halo will prove to be brighter than the shadow of Biden’s record is dark.
    I say we topple his statue! I guess we'd need to have one erected first ... then topple it!

  4. #4
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,432
    Amen (Given)
    14180
    Amen (Received)
    29042
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Perhaps not. What’s more likely happening blacks are forced to vote for the guy who at least doesn’t troll and antagonize the black community via twitter and in his speeches.
    If Trump would just shut up, he's actually done things that HELP blacks, and he should focus on that.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  5. #5
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,980
    Amen (Given)
    384
    Amen (Received)
    1431
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Perhaps not. What’s more likely happening blacks are forced to vote for the guy who at least doesn’t troll and antagonize the black community via twitter and in his speeches.
    I disagree. I believe blacks just don't know about Biden's past policy stances other than what Harris exposed during the debate (maybe not even that much, whether they actually watch those debates or not), which wasn't much. And they likely don't know for obvious reasons of social omission. I'm not saying they'd vote for Trump, but I highly doubt Biden would get the amount of black support he's getting now.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  6. #6
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,667
    Amen (Given)
    546
    Amen (Received)
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    If Trump would just shut up, he's actually done things that HELP blacks, and he should focus on that.
    What did he do about gentrification?

  7. #7
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,432
    Amen (Given)
    14180
    Amen (Received)
    29042
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    What did he do about gentrification?
    You have a weird debate style.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  8. #8
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,667
    Amen (Given)
    546
    Amen (Received)
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You have a weird debate style.
    You have a weird way of not answering a relevant question:

    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/op...ods-2019-10-29

    Obama bungled gentrification, which would have been the perfect opportunity for Trump to do something about it and make his signature gloat.

  9. #9
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,432
    Amen (Given)
    14180
    Amen (Received)
    29042
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    You have a weird way of not answering a relevant question:
    Not weird at all! Sometimes I just ignore them, but, lemme take a look....

    Ah, ok - start a thread.

    Obama bungled gentrification,
    Obama bungled a LOT of things!

    which would have been the perfect opportunity for Trump to do something about it and make his signature gloat.
    You act like you think that I think Trump is a responsible POTUS.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  10. Amen whag amen'd this post.
  11. #10
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,432
    Amen (Given)
    14180
    Amen (Received)
    29042
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You act like you think that I think Trump is a responsible POTUS.
    Let me be absolutely clear ----- I'm so disgusted with Trump right now, because the liberals are CONSTANTLY handing him winning issues on silver platters, and Trump POOPS on them!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  12. Amen Sparko, seanD amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •