Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    You claimed to have been in the news business for some amount of time.....
    Correct. When you have news, you can post it.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Stop being unpatriotic and I'll start calling you a patriot again.
      A] An internet calling me a patriot does absolutely nothing to my psyche.
      2) Stop being a [that word I'm not saying anymore] and I won't have to start calling you one.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        There are two completely different realities in play in the USA. ...
        Only two?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Ya know what's good about banging your head against the wall?

It feels SO good when you stop.
          Agreed. I am officially abandoning this thread. Feels good!

Comment

Correct. When you have news, you can post it.
            Right. And what was reported was *news* and so far has held up excellently under scrutiny.

Comment

Right. And what was reported was *news* and so far has held up excellently under scrutiny.
              Even Drudge Report has abandoned tracking this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                There's already a thread about the shirt design, but only read it if you want to feel like an idiot.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...95-Coincidence
                You're right. I feel dumber for having read that thread.

Dear lord you guys are idiots.

Comment

You're right. I feel dumber...
                  That's POSSIBLE?

Comment

• Nutty Nancy is still fuming that Trump SHOULD have been told...

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      There are two completely different realities in play in the USA. That is not a survivable situation. Understand that tremendous damage is being done to US interests every day by your indecision.

You seem to have lost your ability to learn the truth about anything important. The USA is drunk and incapable.
                      It's not so much that we've lost an ability.

It's that we've rejected truth in favor of tribalism. I mean, it was Kellyanne Conway who labeled the problem so brilliantly, re. alternative facts.

---

And if I'm going to be honest, it's possible to achieve something close to what she described by simply picking and choosing which facts you think are most important. All humans do this in general; take two observers of the same event, and it's likely that each will point to different aspects to justify their (slightly) different conclusions/interpretations of the event.

The difference here is that not only are US (right-wing) conservatives focusing on their chosen alternative facts, but they reject the alternative facts coming from anybody in the out-group. They feel that their choice of facts establishes their identity (as a conservative, as an American, as a patriot, as a Christian, as a smart person, etc).

I've long said that the US is in the middle of a culture war, but I never thought I'd see it drift into the realm pf public health. The right-wing in this country are willing to risk their lives and the lives of the people around them, just to demonstrate fealty to their tribe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                        It's not so much that we've lost an ability.

It's that we've rejected truth in favor of tribalism. I mean, it was Kellyanne Conway who labeled the problem so brilliantly, re. alternative facts.

---

And if I'm going to be honest, it's possible to achieve something close to what she described by simply picking and choosing which facts you think are most important. All humans do this in general; take two observers of the same event, and it's likely that each will point to different aspects to justify their (slightly) different conclusions/interpretations of the event.

The difference here is that not only are US (right-wing) conservatives focusing on their chosen alternative facts, but they reject the alternative facts coming from anybody in the out-group. They feel that their choice of facts establishes their identity (as a conservative, as an American, as a patriot, as a Christian, as a smart person, etc).

I've long said that the US is in the middle of a culture war, but I never thought I'd see it drift into the realm pf public health. The right-wing in this country are willing to risk their lives and the lives of the people around them, just to demonstrate fealty to their tribe.
                        In all fairness... it's THEM!!!!!!!

Comment

• Trump golfing again today. That makes 3 of the 7 days since this scandal broke he's spent golfing and not looking into a murder for hire plot against Americans. Anyone who defends this traitor is likewise a traitor.

Comment

Nutty Nancy is still fuming that Trump SHOULD have been told...
                            Yes, he should have been told. At least at the point that he wanted to publicly ask Russia back into the G7.

But put all that aside. As of last Friday he has *certainly* been told. And he's done *nothing* to punish Russia.

Comment

Yes, he should have been told.....
                              OK, so how can he be responsible for something he was not told?

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                It sounds like "Iraq WMDs" all over again. For some reason MIC has had a vested interested keeping US troops in Afghanistan for two decades, and no one knows why really, but they want our troops to stay there really bad for some reasons. The idea that Russia is paying taliban to oft US troops gives them more of an incentive to stay, because now they have the Russian boogieman to fight against in that territory. We can't leave because then Russia would win. See how that works?
                                I honestly had NO idea this was occurring when I made this post, and just discovered this now. It's almost like the ability to read minds they're so transparent.

Trump administration finalizing plan to withdraw 4,000 troops from Afghanistan

Imagine how complicated that now becomes because of this. For me personally, that makes it an open and shut case this is just more of the same military intelligence BS.

Comment