Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The whole premise that Muslim terrorists needed further incentive to kill American soldiers is absurd on its face.
    Absolutely - I've made that point a number of times. We've been in a proxy war with Russia for how long? And our troops are not stupid.

Did ya get that, though, that now "Moscow Mitch" is supposedly scolding Trump about... what, not being hard enough on Russia?

It never ends.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The whole premise that Muslim terrorists needed further incentive to kill American soldiers is absurd on its face.
      Do you think an army fights for free?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Absolutely - I've made that point a number of times. We've been in a proxy war with Russia for how long? And our troops are not stupid.

Did ya get that, though, that now "Moscow Mitch" is supposedly scolding Trump about... what, not being hard enough on Russia?

It never ends.
        So you're back to claiming that the bounties are "fake news"? You're agreeing with someone saying as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          Google "poppy economy".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
            And, what, you think Muslim terrorists would just suddenly stop killing US soldiers if they weren't paid enough?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So you're back to claiming that the bounties are "fake news"?
              I've never said any such thing. I've clearly said it's no surprise to me at all. The US has also put bounties on the heads of enemies. It's war. The purpose of war is to kill people and break things.

You're agreeing with someone saying as much.
              I don't always agree with MM, but he's still my buddy. You're just jealous.

Comment

And, what, you think Muslim terrorists would just suddenly stop killing US soldiers if they weren't paid enough?
                Bad logic. a->b does not mean ~a->~b

Comment

...the bounties are "fake news"?
                  Well, there is the little inconvenient fact that every single person that has spoken on the record has said that the existence of such bounties remain unverified.

So...

Comment

Well, there is the little inconvenient fact that every single person that has spoken on the record has said that the claims of such bounties remain unverified.

So...
                    I think I refer to them as "alleged" bounties -- it wouldn't surprise me at all if Russian was doing that, but the whole thing that Trump was advised on it and refused to act --- that "bombshell" fizzled like a wet firecracker.
                    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Do you believe this is an actual scandal? Do you believe Trump was actually told about the alleged bounties, but chose to ignore it?

Comment

I've never said any such thing. I've clearly said it's no surprise to me at all. The US has also put bounties on the heads of enemies. It's war. The purpose of war is to kill people and break things.

I don't always agree with MM, but he's still my buddy. You're just jealous.
                      You used the word "absolutely" in response to him saying "The whole premise that Muslim terrorists needed further incentive to kill American soldiers is absurd on its face." His comment is either a non-sequitur or his point is that it makes no sense to offer additional monies since it wouldn't incentivize any "terrorists" (for actions with significantly increased risk). So you were either agreeing with his non-sequitur or agreeing that the increased money would not incentivize the "terrorists."

I'm aware that Afghanistan produces a significant amount of opium. If you have a larger point to make with the "poppy economy" search I will do more reading.

Comment

You used the word "absolutely" in response to him saying "The whole premise that Muslim terrorists needed further incentive to kill American soldiers is absurd on its face."
                        Absolutely.

Comment

Well, there is the little inconvenient fact that every single person that has spoken on the record has said that the existence of such bounties remain unverified.

So...
                          Not exactly accurate at this point. We know that this intel appeared in Trump's PDB according to Pelosi at minimum (didn't some Republican indicate so as well?)

Comment

Bad logic. a->b does not mean ~a->~b
                            I guess there are I times I just need to connect the dots for someone as dull-witted as you: You're arguing that Russia was supposedly paying Muslim terrorists to do something they were going to do anyway. Which begs the question why the Russian government would even bother wasting its money.

Comment

Absolutely.
                              Lovely. So that's agreeing with his assertion that such bounties are "fake news."

I'm sure you are MM are "great friends." Almost hand in glove...

Comment

I guess there are I times I just need to connect the dots for someone as dull-witted as you: You're arguing that Russia was supposedly paying Muslim terrorists to do something they were going to do anyway. Which begs the question why the Russian government would even bother wasting its money.
                                Absolutely.

Comment