Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    But here you are, hoping and wishing and spewing forth ignorance --- you're not convincing anybody.

All you're doing is being an underhanded and accusing people of not being patriotic. And, anonymously at that, cause you're a coward.
    Underhanded? He's playing his cards face up.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Underhanded? He's playing his cards face up.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But here you are, hoping and wishing and spewing forth ignorance --- you're not convincing anybody.
        People who call a story independently reported by the NYT/WaPo/AP/WSJ "fake news" are beyond help.

All you're doing is being an underhanded and accusing people of not being patriotic. And, anonymously at that, cause you're a coward.
        If you really want to know my name I'll DM it to you. You can even figure out that I'm 43 and not 12! :).

I don't really think you'd do something bad to me. I don't trust MM or Sparko though so I'd ask you to kindly keep it under your hat.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          People who call a story independently reported by the NYT/WaPo/AP/WSJ "fake news" are beyond help.

If you really want to know my name I'll DM it to you. You can even figure out that I'm 43 and not 12! :).

I don't really think you'd do something bad to me. I don't trust MM or Sparko though so I'd ask you to kindly keep it under your hat.
          Look, Bub, I tried being civil to you when I first encountered you, and even reminded you I had been civil, and you were still a jerk.

I really have no interest at all in talking to a jerk who flagrantly accuses others of "not being patriotic" just because I don't get my panties in a wad like you do.

Change your tone, or I'll treat you like the jerk you've been.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Look, Bub, I tried being civil to you when I first encountered you, and even reminded you I had been civil, and you were still a jerk.

I really have no interest at all in talking to a jerk who flagrantly accuses others of "not being patriotic" just because I don't get my panties in a wad like you do.

Change your tone, or I'll treat you like the jerk you've been.
            Treat me however you want. Anyone who continues to claim that the Russia bounty story is "fake news" (as you just implicitly affirmed to MM a few minutes ago) clearly has a problem with their loyalties. It's not to the flag and it's not to the truth. Sorry if that isn't what you wanted to hear.

BTW, I was in the market for a totally patriotic and not at all racist shirt. What do you think of this one?

trump-shirt.jpg

Comment

Treat me however you want
              Like you can stop me, ?

Comment

Like you can stop me, ?
                I'm not a troll and anyone with a brain can see that.

Comment

I'm not a troll and anyone with a brain can see that.
                  Then stop acting like one.

Comment

What troll like things have I said in this thread? Honestly? Should I not call out unpatriotic behavior which I see as being beyond the pale?

I'm going to call it like it is going forward. I've tried hard to pretend that maybe you folks are just speaking the way you do because of the news you consume etc. but I'm finished with that because it's clear there is just a fundamental sickness in you. I'm sorry. I hope that one day you will come to your senses and I will be glad to stop viewing you that way.

In any case, I'm probably out until there's more news on this story. Expect me to be back because *this isn't going away*.

Comment

First demonstrate that this is good advice, and try heeding it yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                        First demonstrate that this is good advice, and try heeding it yourself.

Yeah, like you're one to talk.

Comment

In any case, I'm probably out until there's more news on this story.
                          The operative word is news. Not gossip, rumor or hearsay.

Comment

The operative word is news. Not gossip, rumor or hearsay.
                            You claimed to have been in the news business for some amount of time. Surely, then, you understand that what has been reported is newsworthy news.

Recall that we now have confirmation that the bounties were mentioned in PDB. So that piece of reporting from "anonymous sources" is anonymous no longer. And we've ID'd the bank transactions from Russia and the Afghan bag man.

Yet MM (and you at least implicitly) are claiming that this *whole thing* is "fake news." It shows your lack of interest in getting to the bottom of whether a country *Trump recently rewarded in multiple ways* has credibly put hits out on American soldiers.

Stop being unpatriotic and I'll start calling you a patriot again.
                            Last edited by DivineOb; 07-03-2020, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• There are two completely different realities in play in the USA. That is not a survivable situation. Understand that tremendous damage is being done to US interests every day by your indecision.

You seem to have lost your ability to learn the truth about anything important. The USA is drunk and incapable.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                                BTW, I was in the market for a totally patriotic and not at all racist shirt. What do you think of this one?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46258[/ATTACH]
                                There's already a thread about the shirt design, but only read it if you want to feel like an idiot.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...95-Coincidence
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment