Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    What action do you expect the Commander in Chief to take over information that numerous people speaking on the record have said is unverified? This isn't like the Obama scandal where for a full year he flatly ignored multiple specific and actionable warnings about the rise of ISIS and then cried that it wasn't his fault for not doing anything.
    Intel is rarely 100% verified. That Osama Bin Laden was in the compound where he was found and killed in Pakistan was said to be a 50-50 chance. I think the intell concerning this issue is quite a bit more credible and yet the President has done zilch to warn the Russians or to even threaten sanctions. But he did argue for their re-admission to the G-7, he did remove 10,000 troops from Germany, actions that makes Putin very happy and I'm sure you agree with them as well now that Trump has taken them.
    Besides that, to argue that Trump didn't know what Russia was up to and that he did nothing in response because he didn't read his daily briefings doesn't help either his case, or the credibility of your defense of him. The fault of his ignorance is his own for not reading it, and your defense of his not reading it is a fault of your own character. Why do you suppose it is that Trump always sides with the Russians over his own Intel agencies? Don't overthink it, it's not difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I've admitted error on plenty of things. And there are also "left wing" causes I don't take up on here because I don't feel I can heartily defend them.

If you can point to a single issue I've defended on here which is less than "reasonably defensible" I'll own up to it. I think you will be searching for a long, long time.

Comment

Well, that's a little dramatic, but, yes, it's problematic, and we're taking steps accordingly.

Thanks
        The barn door is open and the horses are already everywhere. Already care is being rationed to the extent that people have died due to lack of resources. Tragic.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          I've admitted error on plenty of things. And there are also "left wing" causes I don't take up on here because I don't feel I can heartily defend them.

If you can point to a single issue I've defended on here which is less than "reasonably defensible" I'll own up to it. I think you will be searching for a long, long time.
          He's just trolling, and lobbing personal attacks because that's all he's got.

Comment

Excellent.

I really don't care, but thanks for offering.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The barn door is open and the horses are already everywhere. Already care is being rationed to the extent that people have died due to lack of resources. Tragic.
              You realize there's a thread on that, yes?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                He's just trolling, and lobbing personal attacks because that's all he's got.

This is so demonstrably false, as my posting is ALL OVER Tweb, the only time it gets into "personal attacks" is when people act like s.

And, here you are again, oh ye lil hypocrite, personally attacking. But, it's OK --- I can take it without whining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                  He could put a plan into action to verify it, maybe? Maybe as Commander-in-chief, he could warn members of the armed services to be on their guard from that partical direction?
                  You don't think our intelligence services haven't already been trying to verify it?

And what warning would you give to soldiers in a war zone? "Hey, guys, be extra careful, because we just heard that someone might try to shoot you."

Come on, man!
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You don't think our intelligence services haven't already been trying to verify it?
                    Trump has said many times just how much he thinks of our intelligence services. Besides, presidents are good at lighting fires under the feet of people trying to solve problems; there's no reason he WOULDN'T do that if our troops were under increased danger.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    And what warning would you give to soldiers in a war zone?
                    To expect increased Russian-backed terrorism from the locals. Duh.
                    Last edited by Whateverman; 07-03-2020, 06:31 PM.

Comment

You realize there's a thread on that, yes?
                      Nifty. I take it my point that you tilting at molehills is intellectual fratricide has been made then.

Comment

And what warning would you give to soldiers in a war zone? "Hey, guys, be extra careful, because we just heard that someone might try to shoot you."

Come on, man!
                        Step one would be not rewarding Russia by inviting them to rejoin the G7. You want to keep ignoring the fact that Trump hasn't been neutral towards Russia since this intel was made available to him -- he actually responded *positively* to them.

Even if he somehow missed this intel during his PDB he still could have asked for a top-to-bottom briefing about Russia's behavior before *rewarding* them. Would you not expect that of the president?

Comment

Nifty. I take it my point that you tilting at molehills is intellectual fratricide has been made then.
                          Ya know, it's really not too smart to delete a post and leave such a blasphemous "reason" for doing so.

Comment

• Meanwhile, still waiting on "news" on this, rather than wishful thinking.

Comment

This is one of the most moronic things you have said.

Apparently, you're really sicker than I thought, trying to score points by turning the tragedy in Texas into some kind of sadistic virtue signaling.

If you can show that I have not taken this seriously, then do so, or just shut your evil little face.

Comment

This is one of the most moronic things you have said.

Apparently, you're really sicker than I thought, trying to score points by turning the tragedy in Texas into some kind of sadistic virtue signaling.

If you can show that I have not taken this seriously, then do so, or just shut your evil little face.
                                "Tragedy in Texas"?! The Edited by a Moderator you have! That this was going to be the result is *not* surprising to anyone with a brain in the least. Even calling it 'malicious incompetence' is letting the Republican administration there off the hook way too easily.

What I was referring to was your claim that "We're taking steps appropriately." If (the plural) you were doing so this nightmare, which has hardly begun, would not have gotten to this point.
                                Last edited by DesertBerean; 07-04-2020, 07:50 AM.

Comment