Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Ya know, it's really not too smart to delete a post and leave such a blasphemous "reason" for doing so.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      "Tragedy in Texas"?! The Edited by a Moderator you have! That this was going to be the result is *not* surprising to anyone with a brain in the least. Even calling it 'malicious incompetence' is letting the Republican administration there off the hook way too easily.

What I was referring to was your claim that "We're taking steps appropriately." If (the plural) you were doing so this nightmare, which has hardly begun, would not have gotten to this point.
      I'm not responsible for all of Texas, sweetie. My sphere of influence has been doing quite well.
      Last edited by DesertBerean; 07-04-2020, 07:51 AM.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm not responsible for all of Texas, sweetie. My sphere of influence has been doing quite well.
        I'm not interested in walking you through how you like to say things which are ambiguous and then insisting that you actually meant something different from what you clearly said (almost like *another* poster on this board). Your stance against what experts would call reasonable precautions wrt COVID45 is well documented. Just a few weeks ago you quoted your wife's refusal to wear a mask. One would assume your purpose wasn't to criticize her behavior.

Comment

I'm not interested
          Yet here you are.

Any "news" yet, or just more of these childish rants?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I'm confused. What is even being argued about right now?

Comment

Yet here you are.

Any "news" yet, or just more of these childish rants?
              Yes, here's the news. In the week since he learned that Russia put bounties on American heads Benedict Donald has played golf three times and is now at a campaign rally. No action taken to support the troops or push back against Moscow.

Oh, and your showed yourself to be totally untrustworthy for the rest of time in any matter where your "mod powers" might possibly have played a role.
              Last edited by DivineOb; 07-03-2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                I'm confused. What is even being argued about right now?
                First it was that Trump knew about the alleged bounties that Russia was paying for dead Americans.
                That appeared to fizzle, as the CIA officer never passed on that info, and the Dems had the same intel.

Now it appears that, even though he wasn't told, he shoulda just known it anyway....

or, now that he knows it, why isn't he doing anything about it.

The goalposts keep moving so it's hard to tell, except for OrangeManBad.

Comment

First it was that Trump knew about the alleged bounties that Russia was paying for dead Americans.
                  That appeared to fizzle, as the CIA officer never passed on that info, and the Dems had the same intel.
                  That's a lie. The info appeared in the PDB.

Now it appears that, even though he wasn't told, he shoulda just known it anyway....
                  Yes, because it was in his PDB and he richly rewarded Russia *after* it appeared there. Why wouldn't you *ask* if there were a reason not to ask Russia back into the G7 before going public with that?

Yes, that is the second scandal. Why *isn't* he doing something about it now that we know Russia placed and *paid* bounties for American lives?

Goalposts haven't moved [truthteller].

Comment

Yes, that is the second scandal.....
                    Maybe the third one will be the charm.

Comment

Maybe the third one will be the charm.
                      Both the existing ones are bad enough man. Are you really unaware of the quite loud chatter from McConnell telling Benedict Donald to shape up or ship out?

Comment

Both the existing ones are bad enough man. Are you really unaware of the quite loud chatter from McConnell telling Benedict Donald to shape up or ship out?
                        Good for Mitch.

Comment

Good for Mitch.
                          In any case you asked for the "news" like 5x in this thread so I gave you the news. And you have no answer for why a sitting president would play golf rather than push back against and adversary who placed and paid bounties. Other than to call me a hamster or whatever that emoji is supposed to be.

Comment

In any case you asked for the "news" like 5x in this thread so I gave you the news. And you have no answer for why a sitting president would play golf rather than push back against and adversary who placed and paid bounties. Other than to call me a hamster or whatever that emoji is supposed to be.
                            I don't believe I called you a hamster, but if it hurt your feelings, I apologize.

Trump plays golf because he likes to play golf. As for "pushing back", he actually has people for that.

Comment

The whole premise that Muslim terrorists needed further incentive to kill American soldiers is absurd on its face.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Ya know, it's really not too smart to delete a post and leave such a blasphemous "reason" for doing so.
                                Moderated By: DesertBerean

And it has been edited. I have completely deleted it, as it is blaphemous and thus contrary to our campus decorum.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment