Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Even trying as hard as they could, the best they could come up with was "with medium confidence" and "falling short of near certainty". In other words - 'back to the drawing board'.
    Yep, and the phrase "falling short of near certainty", while technically true, is (I suspect intentionally) misleading.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Yep, and the phrase "falling short of near certainty", while technically true, is (I suspect intentionally) misleading.
      That's one of those phrases like, "well, he wasn't exactly telling the entire truth" as opposed to "he was flat out lying".

Or, more comically, Fonzi's "OK, so I was wr....wr....wr.....wro.... I wasn't exactly right!"
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I know you're smart enough to know that Ratfink is the one who is spinning the intelligence it paint it in the worst (i.e. least credible) light. I know you're smart enough to know that Ratfink is unqualified for his position. And I know you're smart enough to know that this memo was written up under suspicious timing and circumstances.

Stop being dishonest MM. Pretending to be ignorant of inconvenient facts is just a lie of a different sort.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          ...Stop being dishonest MM. Pretending to be ignorant of inconvenient facts is just a lie of a different sort. ...
          In my UNOFFICIAL role as a moderator, I'm advising you that this equates to an accusation of lying, and is NOT substantiated in your post. Please cease and desist.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Blasphemy and perversion. And anger. Hostility. Bitterness.
            130k dead, soon to be 200k. 10s of millions of jobs lost. 100s of thousands with lifelong health effects. Literal Nazis opening gathering in the streets. A president who is the closest match to the Antichrist that we've ever had. Pigs assaulting protesters gratuitously and on camera.

Am I really not allowed to feel anger, hostility, and bitterness towards those who think it's just dandy?

Comment

That's one of those phrases like, "well, he wasn't exactly telling the entire truth" as opposed to "he was flat out lying".

Or, more comically, Fonzi's "OK, so I was wr....wr....wr.....wro.... I wasn't exactly right!"
              Or like a scene from Malcolm in the Middle when the older son was trying to get his wife to admit her error:

"So... I was right, and you were?"
              "Mistaken."
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

130k dead, soon to be 200k. 10s of millions of jobs lost. 100s of thousands with lifelong health effects. Literal Nazis opening gathering in the streets. A president who is the closest match to the Antichrist that we've ever had. Pigs assaulting protesters gratuitously and on camera.
                Wow, I had to look outside to see the sun was still shining!

Am I really not allowed to feel anger, hostility, and bitterness towards those who think it's just dandy?
                A) Who thinks "it's just dandy"
                2) Since when did pitching a hysterical hissy fit solve anything?

Sure, be an emotional basket case if you want to be, but other than spewing forth hate, what are you accomplishing? Your posting is so repulsive that even if you DID have a point, people write you off as an angry boob.

Comment

Wow, I had to look outside to see the sun was still shining!
                  Not for > 130K "pro-lifer"! Holy hell.

A) Who thinks "it's just dandy"
                  Most, if not all, "right wing" posters on this board.

2) Since when did pitching a hysterical hissy fit solve anything?
                  What has posting in "Civics" in particular ever accomplished? I can see posting in the religious areas being said to "accomplish" something but not here.

Sure, be an emotional basket case if you want to be, but other than spewing forth hate, what are you accomplishing? Your posting is so repulsive that even if you DID have a point, people write you off as an angry boob.
                  My posting is not repulsive, come on. I deleted a post for a goofy reason, something I thought made it disappear completely, and you're getting really excited for reasons which absolutely escape me.

Comment

Not for > 130K "pro-lifer"! Holy hell.
                    Bad things happen. Life goes on. We do what can about those things over which we have control, and fretting never resolves anything.

Most, if not all, "right wing" posters on this board.
                    I believe that to be an outright untruth.

What has posting in "Civics" in particular ever accomplished? I can see posting in the religious areas being said to "accomplish" something but not here.
                    Yet, here you are!

My posting is not repulsive, come on. I deleted a post for a goofy reason, something I thought made it disappear completely, and you're getting really excited for reasons which absolutely escape me.
                    Wow, I wasn't even referring to that! Guilty conscience? In general, I just find you to be a very unhappy combative gloom-and-doom type person.

Comment

Bad things happen. Life goes on. We do what can about those things over which we have control, and fretting never resolves anything.
                      Don't play games. Your own state is melting down and hospitals are full. Was that outcome not avoidable? Go on record.

I just saw a video last night of a doctor describing the fact that there were ten who needed ICU beds but he only had three available and had to make tough calls. You don't think he will live with those avoidable scars for the rest of his life?

I believe that to be an outright untruth.
                      Yet in this very post you excuse 130k dead as "bad things happen" despite the fact that the vast majority of those deaths could have been avoided. Sounds like "just dandy" to me.

Yet, here you are!
                      Yes. Initially I posted here in order to build bridges and when that was beyond proof at being impossible shifted to posting things which give me pleasure to post.

Wow, I wasn't even referring to that! Guilty conscience? In general, I just find you to be a very unhappy combative gloom-and-doom type person.
                      I don't have a guilty conscience over an imagined insult to a mythical savior.

You can call me "doom and gloom" if you want but I think I have a better handle on reality than you do. Enjoy your opiate I guess.
                      Last edited by DivineOb; 07-06-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Don't play games.
                        That's the kind of idiotic statement that is indicative of your combative style. No games are being played here.

Your own state is melting down and hospitals are full.
                        Wow, got a cite for that? Cause my best friend is at MD Anderson right now, and I'll be there tomorrow, and they're doing just fine.

Was that outcome not avoidable? Go on record.
                        More combative nonsense.

Yet in this very post you excuse 130k dead as "bad things happen"
                        Perhaps you disagree that 130k dead is "a bad thing"?

despite the fact that the vast majority of those deaths could have been avoided. Sounds like "just dandy" to me.
                        That's because you're a very unhappy combative gloom-and-doom type person.

Yes. Initially I posted here in order to build bridges and when that was beyond proof at being impossible shifted to posting things which give me pleasure to post.
                        You'll please excuse me if I don't buy that steaming load of horsie poo.

There you go again - pushing the blasphemy thing.

You can call me "doom and gloom" if you want but I think I have a better handle on reality than you do. Enjoy your opiate I guess.
                        I think you're nuttier than a fruit cake and twice as undesirable.

Comment

Don't play games. Your own state is melting down and hospitals are full. Was that outcome not avoidable? Go on record.
                          I will. No it wasn't avoidable. This virus is not gone from this world. Other countries have just delayed the inevitable. Those who think they have "eradicated" the virus are smoking something.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by DO
                            Then why did you delete it?

And then why, after you found out we could see deleted posts, did you post 10 more little nasty things and delete them?

Oh, and by the way, you are seemingly arguing moderation in this thread. If you have a beef, take it to the Padded Room or send a pm to somebody.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              I will. No it wasn't avoidable. This virus is not gone from this world. Other countries have just delayed the inevitable. Those who think they have "eradicated" the virus are smoking something.
                              Yes. I heard yesterday that Australia is getting bad. Even after Starlight bragged about how Australia and NZ had "eradicated" it. I think that was the word he used. I could be wrong now. But I don't think so.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                Then why did you delete it?
                                Technically, it was a nasty post to me that he deleted - the gratuitous blasphemy was listed as the reason for deleting the nasty post.

And, yes, this is pretty much arguing moderation, and needs to stop.

Comment