Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Just helpin' ya out, bro.
    Whether positively confirmed or not, evidence of it exists, evidence of both the money and the people involved exists, and the President has an obligation to protect the troops and to, at the very least, speak to and warn/threaten the Russians against it. He didn't, and he still hasn't. Instead he invited an adversary that invaded and siezed Crimea and is still invading Ukaraine, an ally of the U.S. back into the G-7 and removed 10,000 troops from another ally, Germany, that were stationed there as a protective force against Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      Grand old Fascists
      I knew it had to be something incredibly childish and idiotic.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Whether positively confirmed or not, evidence of it exists, evidence of both the money and the people involved exists, and the President has an obligation to protect the troops and to, at the very least, speak to and warn/threaten the Russians against it. He didn't, and he still hasn't. Instead he invited an adversary that invaded and siezed Crimea and is still invading Ukaraine, an ally of the U.S. back into the G-7 and removed 10,000 troops from another ally, Germany, that were stationed there as a protective force against Russia.
        How do you know this is not being managed on the backside, Jim? LOTS of diplomacy and problem solving happens in back channels.

And, thank you for a well written and civil post. A breath of fresh air in the current... um.... good job!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

How do you know this is not being managed on the backside, Jim? LOTS of diplomacy and problem solving happens in back channels.

And, thank you for a well written and civil post. A breath of fresh air in the current... um.... good job!
          Because the President claims he knew nothing about it, that he wasn't briefed, and therefore did nothing about it. He still has done nothing about it since being publicly informed. The former excuse, if true, would be incompetence and neglect, but that he has still done nothing suggest that either he is somehow compromised by Putin or he is outright treasonous.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Because the President claims he knew nothing about it, that he wasn't briefed,
            I thought you never believed a word he said.

and therefore did nothing about it.
            There is literally no way for you to know that, Jim.

He still has done nothing about it since being publicly informed.
            And, again, there's no way for you to know that.

The former excuse, if true, would be incompetence and neglect, but that he has still done nothing suggest that either he is somehow compromised by Putin or he is outright treasonous.
            Yes, of course, those are the ONLY possible options.

You have no idea, Jim, that he didn't do something, or tell somebody else to do something. All you have is speculation.

Comment

You have no idea, Jim, that he didn't do something, or tell somebody else to do something. All you have is speculation.
              But we *do* know he has done multiple things which Russia is very happy about (G7 invite, troop drawdown in Germany, continued public skepticism against US intelligence, failure to publicly back US troops following reporting of possible Russia bounties, requests to the CIA to share intelligence to Russia for nothing in return). We don't have a crystal ball but we are allowed to look at the evidence in front of us and ask why our enemy has so many wins piled up.

Comment

But we *do* know he has done multiple things which Russia is very happy about (G7 invite, troop drawdown in Germany, continued public skepticism against US intelligence, failure to publicly back US troops following reporting of possible Russia bounties, requests to the CIA to share intelligence to Russia for nothing in return). We don't have a crystal ball but we are allowed to look at the evidence in front of us and ask why our enemy has so many wins piled up.
                Wow, you have QUITE the active imagination. Must be the time you're spending with the bong in the padded room.

Comment

Wow, you have QUITE the active imagination. Must be the time you're spending with the bong in the padded room.
                  Quote which of those you think are imagination.

Comment

Quote which of those you think are imagination.
                    Everything after the word "know".

Comment

Everything after the word "know".
                      You are unaware that Trump publicly asked Russia back into the G7?

ETA: And if you really wanted to be patriotic you should have a wild turkey for your avatar.
                      Last edited by DivineOb; 07-09-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

You are unaware that Trump publicly asked Russia back into the G7?
                        That's been in the news, yes.

ETA: And if you really wanted to be patriotic you should have a wild turkey for your avatar.
                        I am patriotic, so I don't need a turkey, wild, tame, cooked, baked, deep fried or otherwise.

Comment

I thought you never believed a word he said.

There is literally no way for you to know that, Jim.

And, again, there's no way for you to know that.

Yes, of course, those are the ONLY possible options.

Like I said, which apparently you ignored, he told us he did nothing about it, CP. He told us he knew nothing about it, that he wasn't briefed on it.

Comment

That's been in the news, yes.
                            So were you lying just now or just mistaken?

Comment

So were you lying just now or just mistaken?
                              What is your fascination with lying? You even indicted your own self as a "bold faced liar".

Comment

What is your fascination with lying? You even indicted your own self as a "bold faced liar".
                                No, I didn't, as I clearly explained in that thread. And, I believe, you replied to my explanation so I know you read it.

And my "fascination" is simply because lying corrupts any possible meaningful dialog. So when you (or anyone) says something which clearly does not comport to reality (e.g. that we don't know that Trump asked Russia back into the G7) I am compelled to point it out. I honestly am fascinated by the concept of supposedly devoted Christians acting in clearly unchristlike ways because I feel like it would be very illuminating if I could some day understand how that happens.

So were you lying or mistaken when you said we didn't know that Trump asked Russia back into the G7?

Comment