Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    I aim to please.
    So, please aim.

I also accept your concession that the full quotes from the general destroy the feeble "medium confidence" argument you and your [long time male acquaintance] MM threw out.
    Well, you're showing that you can be full of crap. You guys have been all over the board on this, and the bottom line is that the commander on the scene says he is aware of NO DEATHS of US Service members due to the alleged bounties.

That you guys keep having to pick apart SINGLE PHRASES, and ignore the context is just.... well..... apparently, our standard.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      So, please aim.

Well, you're showing that you can be full of crap. You guys have been all over the board on this, and the bottom line is that the commander on the scene says he is aware of NO DEATHS of US Service members due to the alleged bounties.

That you guys keep having to pick apart SINGLE PHRASES, and ignore the context is just.... well..... apparently, our standard.
      I have never said that these scandals depend on a single casualty having arisen from the bounties being offered. I have been absolutely consistent on this.

You have been going around on this for a few days like it makes *any* difference whether a casualty actually arose from the bounties or not. I don't know if you're just confused, switched to decaf, or caught the 'rona. Regardless, you are just knocking down straw men *adjacent* to the straw men you're aiming for.

Comment

I have never said that these scandals depend on a single casualty having arisen from the bounties being offered. I have been absolutely consistent on this.
        Sop what was your gutless accusation of me "not being a patriot" about? Because I didn't absolutely freak out about this? What, exactly, IS your point? I mean, you've been "going on about this" for days!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sop what was your gutless accusation of me "not being a patriot" about? Because I didn't absolutely freak out about this? What, exactly, IS your point? I mean, you've been "going on about this" for days!
          Trump and the rest of the GOF rewarded Russia after this intel was made available to him. Trump and the rest of the GOF remaining silent after this intel reached public consciousness.

Those are the scandals.

I stand by my statement that you are not a patriot if you aren't deeply morally conflicted by these scandals.
          Last edited by DivineOb; 07-08-2020, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            No it's not. Even the Marine commandant quoted earlier said there isn't enough there to warrant a response.
            I didn't see that comment at all. I saw that he said it was worrisome to him, that he wasn't sure it was acted upon, but not that it didn't warrant a response from the President.
            Last edited by JimL; 07-08-2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Trump and the rest of the GOF rewarded Russia after this intel was made available to him. Trump and the rest of the GOF remaining silent after this intel reached public consciousness.
              Wow, you have to make a lot of assumptions there --- first of all, that the one actually happened (bounties), that they had any affect, and that the invitation for Russia to join the G7/8 had anything whatsoever to do with this.

Those are the scandals.
              And, again, calling something a scandal does not make it a scandal.

I stand by my statement that you are not a patriot if you aren't deeply morally conflicted by these scandals.
              And I stand by my statement that you're a gutless coward for declaring somebody "not a patriot" just because they don't get "outraged" at the things you do, and without knowing anything about their actual patriotism.

So there

Comment

Wow, you have to make a lot of assumptions there --- first of all, that the one actually happened (bounties),
                No, I said "after the intel was made available to [Trump]." If Trump was mistaken in his belief that the bounties existed but still acted in a way that rewarded Russia that is disqualifying as a CiC.

that they had any affect,
                I have corrected you on this at least once already. These scandals do not require that the bounties have resulted in a single casualty.

and that the invitation for Russia to join the G7/8 had anything whatsoever to do with this.
                This is a lie I have corrected at least twice explicitly. Quote me where I said that.

And I stand by my statement that you're a gutless coward for declaring somebody "not a patriot" just because they don't get "outraged" at the things you do, and without knowing anything about their actual patriotism.

So there
                If your patriotism doesn't extend to seeing these as scandals then it's not worth the paper it's printed on.
                Last edited by DivineOb; 07-08-2020, 05:08 PM.

Comment

If your patriotism doesn't extend to seeing these as scandals then it's not worth the paper it's printed on.
                  It's not written on paper, darlin.

Comment

It's not written on paper, darlin.
                    So you're cool with my noting your lies, then?

Comment

So you're cool with my noting your lies, then?
                      I'm cool with you blustering and pitching your little angry man fits.

Comment

I'm cool with you blustering and pitching your little angry man fits.
                        Call it whatever you want. Once I learned the truth about you guys thanks to "Sparko" the die was already cast.

Comment

Call it whatever you want. Once I learned the truth about you guys thanks to "Sparko" the die was already cast.
                          Dare I ask what "the truth about you guys" allegedly is?

(this gonna be good)

Comment

Dare I ask what "the truth about you guys" allegedly is?

(this gonna be good)
                            Unfortunately "Sparko" has asked me not to discuss it.

Comment

Unfortunately "Sparko" has asked me not to discuss it.
                              Yes, of course..... but you bring it up, anyway. Very classy.

Comment

Yes, of course..... but you bring it up, anyway. Very classy.
                                Where's my "ego up technique"? :(

Comment