Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Russia paid bounty to Taliban to kill US soldiers as well as NATO ally soldiers in Afghanistan according to U.S.Intelligence. Trump was briefed on this in March and given a list of responses such as sanctions. Trumps only response thus far was to plead for Russia's re-entry into the G-7.

http://www.newsmax.com/us/russia-afg.../26/id/974430/

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Get out of Afghanistan. It's a no-brainer, though I doubt that will happen even under Biden.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

3. Amen Thoughtful Monk amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Russia paid bounty to Taliban to kill US soldiers as well as NATO ally soldiers in Afghanistan according to U.S.Intelligence. Trump was briefed on this in March and given a list of responses such as sanctions. Trumps only response thus far was to plead for Russia's re-entry into the G-7.

http://www.newsmax.com/us/russia-afg.../26/id/974430/
    A) Good call on citing a conservative news source here

B) On some level, the practice doesn't surprise me. I'd expect things like this to happen, and everyone knows that US intelligence agencies like the CIA have done the same thing in foreign wars.

C) What's the most upsetting about the story, obviously, is Trump's response to the report. Imagine what would have happened if the same story emerged while Obama was in office - and yet Trump supporters are going to dismiss this as NBD. While the POTUS has a lot of power, in many ways he's just a figurehead - which means his job is primarily to be a visible leader. The POTUS should spearhead patriotism, and visibly defend this country's military. He did and said nothing, which is beyond offensive. It's down right unAmerican.
    Last edited by Whateverman; 06-27-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "...The New York Times reported Friday."

The NYT referencing unnamed sources isn't terribly impressive. It may be true, or partially true, or complete baloney. It's usually in the "partially" true category.

Until a legitimate source puts some verification on this, I won't get too nervous about it.

6. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It just occurred to me that I have a set of those Russian nesting doll things.

I must be a Russian agent.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Banned
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We already know that Trump is totally disloyal to the United States. I just had no idea how many Republicans were equally disloyal. There is no bottom.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Rachel was telling me about this earlier today. I think he’s on Putin’s fishing hook because he is involved in Russian money laundering.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Like Ronson I'm a big 'eh' about this. Not enough meat, and even then it's no different than the dirty tactics done by any foreign intelligence.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It just occurred to me that I have a set of those Russian nesting doll things.

I must be a Russian agent.
    No, just the naive supporter of an agent.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, just the naive supporter of an agent.
    You just LOVE for me to post....

Stop Saying Stupid Stuff.gif
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”