Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    No, I didn't, as I clearly explained in that thread. And, I believe, you replied to my explanation so I know you read it.
    Yeah, I read it, and you were full of crap.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Yeah, I read it, and you were full of crap.
      So were you lying or mistaken when you said we didn't know that Trump asked Russia back into the G7?

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/09/polit...utm_term=image

Pentagon chief confirms he was briefed on intelligence about Russian payments to the Taliban

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper confirmed Thursday that he had been briefed on information regarding Russian payments to the Taliban, seemingly acknowledging that Russia's support for the militant group in Afghanistan is not a "hoax," as President Donald Trump has claimed. However, Esper also made clear that he has not seen intelligence that corroborates claims that American troops were killed as a result of the "bounty" payments, walking a delicate line between acknowledging a well-known threat and potentially clashing with the President.

He went on to tell lawmakers that he had seen intelligence about Russian payments to the Taliban in February.

The top US general overseeing operations in the Middle East and Afghanistan said Tuesday that the intelligence concerning Russian operatives offering bounties to Taliban-linked militants was "very worrisome" but that it wasn't solid enough to hold up in a court of law.

While there are still unanswered questions about intelligence on Russian bounties after Thursday's hearing, the testimony from top military leaders will likely reinforce bipartisan concerns about the broader US effort to deter Russia and other foreign governments from supporting militant groups in Afghanistan.

Milley acknowledged that the Trump administration was "perhaps not" doing "as much as we could or should" to deter Russia and other foreign governments from supporting militant groups in Afghanistan.

Yet Trump continues to remain silent and absolutely not promise to get to the bottom of this. There is absolutely no reason that the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs can say we'll get to the bottom of things but the president can't, steps being taken behind the scenes or no.

Comment

• "...still unanswered questions about intelligence on Russian bounties..."

"....wasn't solid enough to hold up in a court of law."

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So were you lying or mistaken when you said we didn't know that Trump asked Russia back into the G7?
            No.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              "...still unanswered questions about intelligence on Russian bounties..."

"....wasn't solid enough to hold up in a court of law."

And where did you get the idea that intelligence has to be solid enough to hold up in a court of law before the president can act on it in an approptiate way? That OBL was held up in a Pakistani compound would not have held up in a court of law either, it was a 50-50 chance according to the intel, but he's dead now.

Comment

No.
                This statement is a lie. You were, at minimum, mistaken since you said something which is objectively false.

Please stop lying.

Comment

This statement is a lie. You were, at minimum, mistaken since you said something which is objectively false.

Please stop lying.
                  You are so boneheaded --- I was being quite dismissive of your idiotic rambling. You obsession with connecting things in such a way that they mean what you want them to mean. Your latest little psychotic episode where you indicted yourself as a "bold faced liar" convinced me you're not worth civil discourse.

The good thing, however, is that you make JimL look like a stable genius!

Because accused of lying by a guy who made himself a "bold faced liar" is quite amusing.

Comment

You are so boneheaded --- I was being quite dismissive of your idiotic rambling. You obsession with connecting things in such a way that they mean what you want them to mean. Your latest little psychotic episode where you indicted yourself as a "bold faced liar" convinced me you're not worth civil discourse.

The good thing, however, is that you make JimL look like a stable genius!

Because accused of lying by a guy who made himself a "bold faced liar" is quite amusing.
                    That's fine but you still shouldn't lie, even to an "enemy."

Comment

That's fine but you still shouldn't lie, even to an "enemy."
                      Laughing. First, I don't consider you an enemy at all - I consider you a screwball.

Second, it actually IS acceptable to lie to an enemy. We do it in warfare, it was approved in the Bible.... Rahab is a classic example.

Comment

Laughing. First, I don't consider you an enemy at all - I consider you a screwball.
                        Quotation marks, how do they work?

BTW, this screwball told you Texas was going to melt down just like is happening (and next week is going to be worse according to Abgott). So which of us is actually unmoored from reality?
                        Second, it actually IS acceptable to lie to an enemy. We do it in warfare, it was approved in the Bible.... Rahab is a classic example.
                        One might argue that it's not really a lie to lie to an enemy in war since there is no expectation of truth (by that token I suppose you could argue that there is no expectation of truth when conversing with a 'screwball'). Though I heard Christians argue many times that lying under any conditions is wrong in my Campus Crusade days.

Comment

Quotation marks, how do they work?
                          Depends on who's using them.

Comment

• I am lying right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I am lying right now.
                              On the sofa?

Comment

On the sofa?
                                Sparko lies about laying on the sofa since we all know it's a couch

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment