Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I guess there are I times I just need to connect the dots for someone as dull-witted as you: You're arguing that Russia was supposedly paying Muslim terrorists to do something they were going to do anyway. Which begs the question why the Russian government would even bother wasting its money.
    James,

1) That's not what "beg the question" means you idiot.
    2) There's something called "hazard pay" which is used to incentivize work which carries a greater amount of danger.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      Lovely. So that's agreeing with his assertion that such bounties are "fake news."
      I actually explained exactly what I thought about the alleged bounties. Ya missed that?

I'm sure you are MM are "great friends." Almost hand in glove...
      I wouldn't go that far, but I'm glad he's around.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I actually explained exactly what I thought about the alleged bounties. Ya missed that?
        This is your normal game. You say one thing but then agree with / encourage / egg on people going much further then retreat behind "Hey, I didn't say that crazy stuff, just the reasonable stuff."

absolutely means "with no qualification, restriction, or limitation; totally." Yet you claim to hold a more limited perspective than the one he expressed which you "absolutely" agree with.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
          Not exactly accurate at this point.
          What? Every named source from the President himself on down has consistently said that the claims were sketchy, which is why nobody bothered to bring it to the President's attention. I've shown you the quotes.

Now you're just in denial.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What? Every named source from the President himself on down has consistently said that the claims were sketchy, which is why nobody bothered to bring it to the President's attention. I've shown you the quotes.

Now you're just in denial.
            Pelosi confirmed that the bounties were reported in the PDB. She also said “it was a consequential level that the intelligence community should have brought it to us.”

That cuts against your claim.

I guess you're done lecturing me on your poor knowledge of logical fallacies and rules of logic.

Comment

The whole premise that Muslim terrorists needed further incentive to kill American soldiers is absurd on its face.
              That ^^^

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                The whole premise that Muslim terrorists needed further incentive to kill American soldiers is absurd on its face.
                That ^^^
                ... is wrong.

The premise isn't that Muslim terrorists need incentive to commit terrorism. It's that citizens need incentive to become Muslim terrorists.

Put an ad on Craig's list saying you'll pay money for stolen silverware, and you're not motivating thieves to steal. You're motivating people to become thieves.
                Last edited by Whateverman; 07-04-2020, 06:10 AM.

Comment

This is your normal game. You say one thing but then agree with / encourage / egg on people going much further then retreat behind "Hey, I didn't say that crazy stuff, just the reasonable stuff."

absolutely means "with no qualification, restriction, or limitation; totally." Yet you claim to hold a more limited perspective than the one he expressed which you "absolutely" agree with.
                  I do. It infuriates the idiots.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                    ... is wrong.

The premise isn't that Muslim terrorists need incentive to commit terrorism. It's that citizens need incentive to become Muslim terrorists.

Put an ad on Craig's list saying you'll pay money for stolen silverware, and you're not motivating thieves to steal. You're motivating people to become thieves.
                    Actually, you'd be violating the law, because it's illegal to receive stolen goods.

Comment

Oh, and your showed yourself to be totally untrustworthy for the rest of time in any matter where your "mod powers" might possibly have played a role.
                      Do you think we staff members should log out when reading threads, in case we should happen upon one with a deleted post in it? Mods always see a block where the deleted post used to be, with the poster's name and timestamp, and the reason given for deletion. The only way for us not to see them would be to stay logged out.

ETA: here's a screenshot of what I see in this thread.

Screenshot_20200704-095059_Chrome.jpg
                      Last edited by QuantaFille; 07-04-2020, 09:54 AM.
                      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        That ^^^
                        ... is wrong.

Actually, you'd be violating the law, because it's illegal to receive stolen goods.
                        Totally irrelevant to the post you replied to, but you knew that when you replied.

Comment

Yes, here's the news. In the week since he learned that Russia put bounties on American heads Benedict Donald has played golf three times and is now at a campaign rally. No action taken to support the troops or push back against Moscow.

Oh, and your showed yourself to be totally untrustworthy for the rest of time in any matter where your "mod powers" might possibly have played a role.

Moderator Notice

All the staff can see deleted posts by members. And we don't allow blasphemy in deleted posts any more than we allow it anywhere else on the site. So watch yourself.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                            Totally irrelevant to the post you replied to, but you knew that when you replied.
                            Let's see....

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            It was a dumb statement, and I called it out.

Comment

I do. It infuriates the idiots.
                              It proves you to be a totally dishonest interlocutor.

Comment

It proves you to be a totally dishonest interlocutor.
                                Sure, junior.

Comment