Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    There you go with that dumb PRETENDING crap! You're just trying to get me to say that word I'm trying not to say anymore!
    You're either pretending or lying. I'll let you do the math.

Rewarding Russia *after* this intel was made available to him is a scandal. Failing to treating getting to the bottom of this intel after its existence was leaked (for nearly two weeks now) is a scandal. I have been 100% consistent on this from page 1.

I never claimed Trump rewarded Russia *because* they offered the bounties. That doesn't make any sense and would be impossible to prove without an explicit confession.

JimL did a good job of splainin' it in his last post.
    Jim can speak for himself. He's talking about a different aspect of the scandals from me.

Praise be!
    Ok?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      You're either pretending or lying.
      I'll let you cool off a bit before attempting further discussion.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'll let you cool off a bit before attempting further discussion.
        You're once again saying I said something I never said and which I have explicitly corrected you about at least once already. So hopefully we don't have to go around this yet again.
        Last edited by DivineOb; 07-07-2020, 07:22 PM.

Comment

AMEN, brother!!!

This ALLEGED bounty scheme....
          Alleged based on highly credible US Intel. Although Putin said he didn't do it, so there's that.

Yes, the TOP MILITARY EXPERT in the region.
          Point being, TOP MILITARY EXPERT or no, Russia paid the bounty and he doesn't know whether bounty murders were carried out or not.

EGGzackly.... You're finally getting it!!!!
          I get it, but your in denial. The point is that Russia is paying bounty money to the Taliban to assassinate Americans. Apparently you believe that is okay and that the President should ignore it.
          But, the rest of your post is just OrangeManBad wishful thinking, so... Gosh, golly, I want SO BADLY to blame Trump!!!!
          There was no "rest of my post". But orange man is bad, very very bad for the country and you are either in denial or are right there with him.

Comment

You're once again saying I said something I never said and which I have explicitly corrected you about at least once already. So hopefully we don't have to go around this yet again.
            Yeah, whatever.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              There was no "rest of my post". But orange man is bad, very very bad for the country and you are either in denial or are right there with him.
              Stop Saying Stupid Stuff.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                Alleged based on highly credible US Intel.
                "Moderate confidence" does not equal "highly credible".
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You're begging the question of Pelosi having had access to this info before now in "roughly the same form" as it was made available to Trump. "I don't know" doesn't explain away what is a clear problem with simply blaming "all of the above" and calling it a day.

Incidentally, the Lincoln Project just put out an ad taking directly aim at Trump's paranoia about leaks. Never seen anything like it.
                  I already gave you the source that said that Congress had access to the same info and none of them thought it was worthy to mention until the NYT article came out and then it was all Trump's fault and a weapon to use against him.

As to who leaked it to the NYT, the fact that is some anonymous source should be a warning flag to you that this is not credible information. As to the "same form" we still don't know what that form was. Was it an actual threat being reported? Or was it reporting "there are some rumors that the Russians might be paying the Taliban bounties on US soldiers and we will continue to investigate" - If the latter, it might not have reached the level of being in Trump's daily verbal briefing.

Comment

How do you think Pelosi / Schumer and their staffs were eliminated as possible sources of the leaks, given that they had (according to you) full access to the intel?
                    You are confusing MM and me again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      You are confusing MM and me again.
                      Why are you guys so easily confused? With you, perhaps, it's the Grog?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        "Moderate confidence" does not equal "highly credible".
                        Moderate confidence is enough to do something about it. Trump has still done nothing about it other than invite Russia back into the G-7 and remove 10,000 troups from Germany. That's quite the warning! How blind can you Trumpsters actually be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          I already gave you the source that said that Congress had access to the same info and none of them thought it was worthy to mention until the NYT article came out and then it was all Trump's fault and a weapon to use against him.
                          When it was revealed that Peliso had access to the same information as the President, she quickly changed her tune to asking why the intelligence agencies didn't make more effort to bring it to anybody's attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            Moderate confidence is enough to do something about it.
                            No it's not. Even the Marine commandant quoted earlier said there isn't enough there to warrant a response.

Comment

No it's not. Even the Marine commandant quoted earlier said there isn't enough there to warrant a response.
                              He said what anybody with half a brain already knows -- the Taliban hate us, and want to kill soldiers, the command staff knows this, and prepares accordingly.
                              As far as he is aware, no US fatalities due to this "scandal".

Comment

When it was revealed that Peliso had access to the same information as the President, she quickly changed her tune to asking why the intelligence agencies didn't make more effort to bring it to anybody's attention.
                                EGGzackly..... constantly finding some way to blame OrangeMan.

Comment