Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An anonymous source is fine as a starting point, but the second he is refuted by a named source speaking on the record, then that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      An anonymous source is fine as a starting point, but the second he is refuted by a named source speaking on the record, then that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.
      Ok. Two of the named sources contradict the current DNI, the prior DNI, and Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Hey, yet ANOTHER thing we have in common!!!!
        May I ask where you worked? Or do you prefer not to provide personal details.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
          Ok. Two of the named sources contradict the current DNI, the prior DNI, and Trump.
          No they don't. Everybody is saying the same thing, that Trump was never briefed because the information was deemed not credible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            May I ask where you worked? Or do you prefer not to provide personal details.
            I'll PM you.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No they don't. Everybody is saying the same thing, that Trump was never briefed because the information was deemed not credible.
              Uncredible information doesn't get put into the PDB.

Comment

• WSJ updated their reporting to clarify that the disagreement between the CIA and NSA wasn't over the central assessment of the Russian bounty story. So there is no dispute that the information was credible. The dispute is over more incidental details.

https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/1278124633225560065
                Last edited by DivineOb; 06-30-2020, 08:25 PM.

Comment

President Trump: "Intel just reported to me that they did not find this info credible..."

Former Acting DNI Richard Grennel: "Leaks of partial information to reporters from anonymous sources is dangerous..."

Rep. Adam Kinzinger: "I also know what the intelligence was, I know what the conflicts were. Obviously, can’t say them here. And I can tell you, it’s a tough decision that you have to make at that point. Because it’s not just cut and dry."

Rep. Chris Stewart: "The truth is, is that we don’t know. Could Russia have done that? Absolutely. … Do we know they did that? We just don’t know yet."

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany: "There is no consensus within the intelligence community on these allegations and in fact there are dissenting opinions from some within the intelligence community with regards to the veracity of what’s being reported."

So there you go, five named sources all saying the same thing, that the info wasn't solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by "Neil" Patrick "Harris" View Post

Bunch of irrelevant distraction
                    You're talking to me like we're arguing about the bible and if you can find more verses supporting your view then you both win and prove that the bible doesn't contradict itself. That's not how reality (or the bible) works.

Uncredible information doesn't get put into the PDB. It's now agreed by all involved that this information was in the PDB. That means it met a (fairly high) bar of credibility and Trump either read it or confesses to being grossly negligent *with his own soldiers' lives*.

You can get the entire GOP to fart in unison and it wouldn't change these facts. Facts which all comers on this board claimed were almost certainly false a day or two ago. Facts which you would have crucified Obama over.

For my gardener Jesus's sake Liz Cheney is the voice on reason on this issue! How far outside of the mainstream do you have to be for *that* to be the case?!
                    Last edited by DivineOb; 06-30-2020, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• https://www.thedailybeast.com/amid-c...eep-state-play

On Feb. 27, the day the PDB reportedly included a mention of the Russian bounties, Trump spent 45 minutes with the producers of a play dramatizing the text messages between Pete Strzok and Lisa Page. Clearly he was too busy to worry about the lives of Americans in uniform.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-troops.html

He also met with Diamond and Silk.

Your 2016 vote was bad and you should feel bad.

Comment

So you keep saying, but the fact is, at least five named sources are on record saying that the information in this case wasn't even solid enough for the President's advisers to bother bringing to his attention during the oral briefing.

Face it, man, this is another nothing burger with a side of nothing.

Comment

So you keep saying, but the fact is, at least five named sources are on record saying that the information in this case wasn't even solid enough for the President's advisers to bother bringing to his attention during the oral briefing.

Face it, man, this is another nothing burger with a side of nothing.
                          Yes, and I will keep on saying it because it's true. The claims that the intelligence was weak and uncredible are false by virtue of it being included in the PDB. It doesn't matter how many people you quote from after the fact with political motivations to say otherwise.

Why did Trump play golf for *two days* before getting briefed?
                          Why has Trump *still* not addressed the nation?

Trump isn't a complicated guy and there isn't a complicated explanation. He's owned by Russia, hook, line, and rubles.
                          Last edited by DivineOb; 06-30-2020, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            Trump isn't a complicated guy and there isn't a complicated explanation.
                            Yeah. He's not very bright - despite what he thinks about himself.

He's owned by Russia, hook, line, and rubles.
                            It's lines like these that diminish your own credibility. You believe the above for no other reason than it has been pounded into your head by the media. Every piece of "evidence" they brought forth to supposedly back this up turned out to be a lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                              It's lines like these that diminish your own credibility. You believe the above for no other reason than it has been pounded into your head by the media. Every piece of "evidence" they brought forth to supposedly back this up turned out to be a lie.
                              Yeah, I don't know how many times the Russian collusion hoax has to be debunked before liberal idiots will stop believing it.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know how many times the Russian collusion hoax has to be debunked before liberal idiots will stop believing it.
                                There are still flat earthers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment