Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, you take delight in the alleged downfall of others.
    Fool me once, shame on you
    Fool me twice, shame on me
    Fool me a hundred times, must be a Trump supporter

When it's just desserts, yes, I confess to schadenfreude.

And this is shocking to you?
    No, that's not shocking. I'm just pointing out his behavior and how it is wholly inconsistent with the office he holds. That you are, at best, indifferent to his continued "leadership" is a stain on you.

So you claim.
    Ok, how am I wrong? Where has he shown any concern over the past ~112 hours for the men and women with targets on their heads?

I LONG AGO stopped trying to figure out what Trump would do or say about anything.
    Exactly. Perverse depraved indifference. Meanwhile many, many, many people suffer and die under his "leadership."

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb6 View Post
      I want a direct answer to this. Why do you think Trump *still* hasn't given an unequivocal statement threatening any country with such a bounty program? Wouldn't you expect that to happen?
      You already know the answer: the information had not been verified.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Fool me once, shame on you
        Fool me twice, shame on me
        Fool me a hundred times, must be a Trump supporter

When it's just desserts, yes, I confess to schadenfreude.
        Wow, how very profound! (and nutty)

No, that's not shocking. I'm just pointing out his behavior and how it is wholly inconsistent with the office he holds.
        Yes, it very often is.

That you are, at best, indifferent to his continued "leadership" is a stain on you.
        Does this hypocritical judgmentalism make you feel better?

Ok, how am I wrong? Where has he shown any concern over the past ~112 hours for the men and women with targets on their heads?
        Did I say you were wrong? Let me be more clear -- you have no idea what he's said and done behind the scenes.

Exactly. Perverse depraved indifference.
        OK, time to pitch your "YOU'RE NOT A PATRIOT" tirade.

Meanwhile many, many, many people suffer and die under his "leadership."
        And your incessant raging and bellowing on an internet forum saves... how many lives?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And you didn't answer my question....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          But, let me ask you this --- are you under the naive delusion that the US does not ALSO offer bounties on the heads of enemies?

Wouldn't it be a tad hypocritical for us to warn other nations against doing what WE do?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The scandal is Trump's indifference to the bounties and his total failure to warn other nations against offering them. And if we offered such bounties and got caught and Russia (or whoever) did not warn us against such behavior I would definitely think they had weak leadership or worse (for them).

And your argument disintegrates if taken to its logical extreme. We don't want other countries to spy on us and steal our secrets. Are you suggesting we should either stop spying ourselves or stop complaining when we discover other countries spying on us?

Comment

Does this hypocritical judgmentalism make you feel better?
              *HOW* am I being a hypocrite? There is no way I've posted anything on this board which you can draw up to make that assertion.

Did I say you were wrong? Let me be more clear -- you have no idea what he's said and done behind the scenes.
              I know he didn't care to be briefed on this matter until after playing two days of golf.
              I know he *still* hasn't put out a public statement on this matter.

OK, time to pitch your "YOU'RE NOT A PATRIOT" tirade.
              Nope. I have suffered under that for *decades* from Republicans. I'm done ceding patriotism to fascists and traitors.

And your incessant raging and bellowing on an internet forum saves... how many lives?
              Category error. I'm not the president.

Comment

The scandal is Trump's indifference to the bounties and his total failure to warn other nations against offering them. And if we offered such bounties and got caught and Russia (or whoever) did not warn us against such behavior I would definitely think they had weak leadership or worse (for them).
                Should he also warn other nations not to shoot bullets at our troops in war?

And your argument disintegrates under the lightest scrutiny.
                This is gonna be fun....

We don't want other countries to spy on us and steal our secrets.
                We all know everybody does it, and any little temper tantrums related thereto are purely for domestic consumption.

Are you suggesting we should either stop spying ourselves or stop complaining when we discover other countries spying on us?
                We (you) should stop coming unglued when bad things are done in war. The purpose of war is to kill people and break things. It's ugly.

But, hey, if it makes you feel better to rant and rave and pretend you're actually accomplish anything, it appears to be how you get your jollies.

Comment

Should he also warn other nations not to shoot bullets at our troops in war?
                  Yes. That's what returning fire does.

We all know everybody does it, and any little temper tantrums related thereto are purely for domestic consumption.
                  Help me understand your argument better.

Is your point that it's hypocritical to complain about behavior we ourselves engage in so we should not complain? Or is it that we should not engage in that behavior?

We (you) should stop coming unglued when bad things are done in war. The purpose of war is to kill people and break things. It's ugly.
                  The scandal is that the president has shown himself to be totally uninterested in getting to the bottom of these Russian bounties. All this other stuff you're saying is irrelevant.

But, hey, if it makes you feel better to rant and rave and pretend you're actually accomplish anything, it appears to be how you get your jollies.
                  I fail to see how you arguing with me is accomplishing anything more than I am. Wouldn't that show you to be a bit hypocritical to complain about my behavior?

Comment

Yes. That's what returning fire does.
                    Yes, action, not rhetoric.

Help me understand your argument better.

Is your point that it's hypocritical to complain about behavior we ourselves engage in so we should not complain? Or is it that we should not engage in that behavior?
                    Yes.

The scandal is that the president has shown himself to be totally uninterested in getting to the bottom of these Russian bounties. All this other stuff you're saying is irrelevant.
                    If they were being paid, and I have no reason to doubt they were, the world knows all about it now.

I fail to see how you arguing with me is accomplishing anything more than I am.
                    It's a character flaw.

Wouldn't that show you to be a bit hypocritical to complain about my behavior?
                    Not at all. Rage on!

Comment

Yes, action, not rhetoric.
                      Right. Where is Trump's *action* against Russia over the bounties? All we have so far is him calling the bounties fake news.

Yes.

You were really proud of your argument. Now that I'm willing to dig into it you want to play games.

If they were being paid, and I have no reason to doubt they were, the world knows all about it now.
                      Right. And how much weaker does that make the USA look that its leader is calling it fake news contra the knowledge of every other country on earth? Treasonous. You want an emboldened China and North Korea? Because this is how you get that. You think Iran, who is certainly interested in putting some pain on the USA in retaliation for Soleimani, won't take notice?
                      Last edited by DivineOb; 07-01-2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Right. Where is Trump's *action* against Russia over the bounties? All we have so far is him calling the bounties fake news.
                        So, you want him to fire bullets? Cause that's what you meant when you said "return fire", no?

Do you do that in real life?

You were really proud of your argument.
                        I was?

Now that I'm willing to dig into it you want to play games.
                        I'm just learning that .... um... Rummycube (or whatever it's called)

Right. And how much weaker does that make the USA look that its leader is calling it fake news contra the knowledge of every other country on earth? Treasonous. You want an emboldened China and North Korea? Because this is how you get that. You think Iran, who is certainly interested in putting some pain on the USA in retaliation for Soleimani, won't take notice?
                        I'll get back to you when I get back to my office.

Don't do anything stupid while I'm away, OK?

Comment

So, you want him to fire bullets? Cause that's what you meant when you said "return fire", no?
                          This is MM level trolling and equivocation.

I was?
                          You bumped it twice in rapid succession. You obviously thought you had (and superficially appeared to be) a strong argument.

I'm just learning that .... um... Rummycube (or whatever it's called)
                          Stick to that then.

Don't do anything stupid while I'm away, OK?
                          Ok.

Comment

This is MM level trolling and equivocation.

You bumped it twice in rapid succession. You obviously thought you had (and superficially appeared to be) a strong argument.

Stick to that then.

Ok.
                            You're precious.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                              The scandal is Trump's indifference to the bounties unverified information.
                              That's not a scandal.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                That's not a scandal.
                                Regardless of whether it was solid enough to warrant Trump's attention back in February it's clearly solid enough to warrant it today. Yet he continues to ignore it and even call it a 'hoax.' That is a career (and party) ending scandal.

ETA: Be honest. Do you think his 45 minutes on Feb 27th was better spent on his Strzok / Page play vs reading his PDB?
                                Last edited by DivineOb; 07-01-2020, 02:46 PM.

Comment