Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
    It's hardly a nitpick. The PDB is not a document intended for reading "at leisure" (nor, I would wager, is the document you are describing which Schiff and Pelosi had access to.)

All of them. What a silly objection.

I'm not going to respond to nonsense about Obama which has already been debunked. If the PDB isn't composed of information intended to be read from cover-to-cover every day then it's not serving its purpose. Any president who was routinely being given useless information in the PDB *ought to have* made staffing changes to correct that.

You know you're being dishonest here. Don't waste my time.

Let's say that the information was considered "salacious and unverified" at one point in time. Don't you think we should have chased it down and either proven or debunked it before asking Russia to rejoin the G7?

And to claim that the information was "never" considered credible is just a lie. It's considered credible *now*, at minimum.
    Ah, okay, you're just trolling. You had me fooled for a bit, but I'm on to you now.

Carry on.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Who to believe, US intelligence or Putin? Yes, Putin, of course.

Trump is not convinced he should do anything about the bounty issue, which he decried in a Wednesday morning tweet as “just another made up by Fake News tale that is told only to damage me and the Republican Party.” One administration official said there is an internal White House dispute about how much information to declassify to support the president’s skepticism of the intelligence.
      Why do you Repub suckers fall for this nonsense every time?
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Ah, okay, you're just trolling. You had me fooled for a bit, but I'm on to you now.

Carry on.
        Right... What was your point with bringing Obama up? Was it that Obama blew it by not keeping up on the intelligence in his PDB? And if I say I agree with you how would you respond?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          It isn't funny, I agree. I thought Republicans supported the troops?
          What's next, your cowardly little "you're not a patriot" rant?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            What's next, your cowardly little "you're not a patriot" rant?
            If you're more upset about the leaks than you are about Trump doing absolutely nothing nearly a week out then no, you're not a patriot.

You claim that he's not your guy but your posts are indistinguishable from MM's.

Comment

If you're more upset about the leaks
              I don't get upset, Junior.

than you are about Trump doing absolutely nothing nearly a week out then no, you're not a patriot.
              Because some juvenile TrumpHater on then internet says so?

Hou claim that he's not your guy but your posts are indistinguishable from MM's.
              He's right - you're a And an incredibly childish one at that. What are you, 12?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't get upset, Junior.
                Whatevs. You know what I'm referring to.

Because some juvenile TrumpHater on then internet says so?
                No, because even this reprobate can clearly distinguish honor from dishonor in this instance. Any president with balls would have made very clear that all options were on the table when it came to protecting American troops and passed up *two days* of golf to get to the bottom of things. Trump so far has done nothing other than call this whole thing "fake news," which both endangers our troops, emboldens our enemies, and harms the effectiveness of our intelligence organs.

Of course, he's also failed to give a coherent answer about what he hopes to accomplish in his second term despite being given *two chances* in which he both times had the question *in advance*. Sheesh y'all.

He's right - you're a And an incredibly childish one at that. What are you, 12?
                If that's what makes you feel better than go for it. At least I didn't sell my soul for a few judges :D.
                Last edited by DivineOb; 07-02-2020, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Whatevs.
                  Whatevs?

Yup -- Junior

Comment

Whatevs?

Yup -- Junior
                    Imagine if Trump had immediately responded by doubling our military support to UKR and immediately scheduled the OO visit. Wouldn't that have sent a strong message to Russia? Why didn't he do that?

Believe me or don't but if had announced that even on Monday I would have given him a hearty pat on the back. That seems like an entirely appropriate response which is guaranteed to get Russia's attention.
                    This scandal is not going away.

Comment

Imagine if Trump...
                      Knock yourself out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                        Imagine if Trump had immediately responded by doubling our military support to UKR and immediately scheduled the OO visit. Wouldn't that have sent a strong message to Russia? Why didn't he do that?
                        Maybe because the claims aren't credible.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by (Neil) Patrick (Harris) View Post
                          So that's the hill you want to die on? Ok :) Surely you know you will be proven wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            He's so very DESPERATE for this to be the for really REALLY bombshell that destroys Trump!

Comment

He's so very DESPERATE for this to be the for really REALLY bombshell that destroys Trump!
                              Have you seen his numbers? He's self destructing in legendary fashion without a lot of help.

You saw that Epstein's accomplice was arrested today as well, right? The arrest that Barr humiliated himself trying to stop? That's really bad. Child rape and so on.
                              Last edited by DivineOb; 07-02-2020, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Have you seen his numbers? He's self destructing in legendary fashion without a lot of help.
                                But here you are, hoping and wishing and spewing forth ignorance --- you're not convincing anybody.

All you're doing is being an underhanded and accusing people of not being patriotic. And, anonymously at that, cause you're a coward.

Comment