Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 759

Thread: Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

  1. #191
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,991
    Amen (Given)
    6662
    Amen (Received)
    8260
    Here's a named source speaking on the record...

    On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Situation Room,” Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), who was briefed on the intelligence about Russian bounties on U.S. soldiers, said he understands that President Trump “was not briefed” about the matter, but the intelligence might have been in the briefing book that most presidents don’t read all of every day. Kinzinger also said that Trump not being briefed is “not a scandal,” and the decision on whether to brief the president was made “by career people who make the decision on what they want to highlight to the president.”

    Kinzinger said, “Everything I understand is that the president was not briefed about this. Now, if it was in his book, that’s one thing. And maybe he didn’t read it, there’s — most presidents don’t read the entire book every day. They rely on intel to brief them.”

    Kinzinger added, “I don’t think it shouldn’t have been told to the president. But what I said, and what I meant, if I didn’t quite say it right, is there was conflicting evidence. So, that’s where you have to make a decision, especially on something as big as Russia. Do you want to present the president with the idea that Russia’s put bounties out on U.S. troops if you don’t fully know yet and if there’s conflicting intelligence, or is it better to gather the rest of that? We’re in a gathering phase. And now with this story out there, obviously, I think some of those trails may be wiped up if, in fact, it’s true. And so — but, you know, I think that’s a question for who makes the decisions to brief the president on what. That’s typically a career person. But it’s not a scandal, and the point of the president knew and he didn’t do anything about it, the real issue here though is, if it’s true.”

    He further stated that if the bounties exist, “let’s let this come out, and then the president needs to take aggressive action at that point. But you can’t really do it if you don’t know.”

    Kinzinger also stated that he “quite possibly” would have briefed the president about the issue, but “I also know what the intelligence was, I know what the conflicts were. Obviously, can’t say them here. And I can tell you, it’s a tough decision that you have to make at that point. Because it’s not just cut and dry. … That was a decision made, not by the president, not by anybody political, by career people who make the decision on what they want to highlight to the president.”

    https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020...not-a-scandal/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  2. #192
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    960
    Amen (Given)
    143
    Amen (Received)
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Here's a named source speaking on the record...
    Can you imagine if the decision of the "career person" to brief-or-not-to-brief the president was left up to someone like Strozk or Comey? And they decided not to brief him, and then scoot their information over to the New York Times? Setting Trump up for a fall? I wouldn't put it past some of these people.

    It's interesting how this months-old alleged incident is only coming out now nearer election time.

  3. #193
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,118
    Amen (Given)
    2269
    Amen (Received)
    1758
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Here's a named source speaking on the record...

    On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Situation Room,” Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), who was briefed on the intelligence about Russian bounties on U.S. soldiers, said he understands that President Trump “was not briefed” about the matter, but the intelligence might have been in the briefing book that most presidents don’t read all of every day. Kinzinger also said that Trump not being briefed is “not a scandal,” and the decision on whether to brief the president was made “by career people who make the decision on what they want to highlight to the president.”

    Kinzinger said, “Everything I understand is that the president was not briefed about this. Now, if it was in his book, that’s one thing. And maybe he didn’t read it, there’s — most presidents don’t read the entire book every day. They rely on intel to brief them.”

    Kinzinger added, “I don’t think it shouldn’t have been told to the president. But what I said, and what I meant, if I didn’t quite say it right, is there was conflicting evidence. So, that’s where you have to make a decision, especially on something as big as Russia. Do you want to present the president with the idea that Russia’s put bounties out on U.S. troops if you don’t fully know yet and if there’s conflicting intelligence, or is it better to gather the rest of that? We’re in a gathering phase. And now with this story out there, obviously, I think some of those trails may be wiped up if, in fact, it’s true. And so — but, you know, I think that’s a question for who makes the decisions to brief the president on what. That’s typically a career person. But it’s not a scandal, and the point of the president knew and he didn’t do anything about it, the real issue here though is, if it’s true.”

    He further stated that if the bounties exist, “let’s let this come out, and then the president needs to take aggressive action at that point. But you can’t really do it if you don’t know.”

    Kinzinger also stated that he “quite possibly” would have briefed the president about the issue, but “I also know what the intelligence was, I know what the conflicts were. Obviously, can’t say them here. And I can tell you, it’s a tough decision that you have to make at that point. Because it’s not just cut and dry. … That was a decision made, not by the president, not by anybody political, by career people who make the decision on what they want to highlight to the president.”

    https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020...not-a-scandal/
    The briefing is simply the White House telling what they want to tell. The Briefing needs to come from the Intel community, not from the White House.

  4. #194
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,210
    Amen (Given)
    167
    Amen (Received)
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Here's a named source speaking on the record...

    On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Situation Room,” Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), who was briefed on the intelligence about Russian bounties on U.S. soldiers, said he understands that President Trump “was not briefed” about the matter, but the intelligence might have been in the briefing book that most presidents don’t read all of every day. Kinzinger also said that Trump not being briefed is “not a scandal,” and the decision on whether to brief the president was made “by career people who make the decision on what they want to highlight to the president.”

    1) So the info *was* in the President's Daily Briefing
    2) Presidents read the PDB. To claim otherwise is just a bold faced lie.
    3) Once this broke Trump spent 2 days golfing rather than try to get to the bottom of it
    4) We now have confirmation from a *named source* that this Intel exists
    5) Chris Murphy also that this intel edxists
    6) He is lying to say it's commonplace for Presidents to ignore the PDB. A bold faced lie.


    Kinzinger said, “Everything I understand is that the president was not briefed about this. Now, if it was in his book, that’s one thing. And maybe he didn’t read it, there’s — most presidents don’t read the entire book every day. They rely on intel to brief them.”

    Kinzinger added, “I don’t think it shouldn’t have been told to the president. But what I said, and what I meant, if I didn’t quite say it right, is there was conflicting evidence. So, that’s where you have to make a decision, especially on something as big as Russia. Do you want to present the president with the idea that Russia’s put bounties out on U.S. troops if you don’t fully know yet and if there’s conflicting intelligence, or is it better to gather the rest of that? We’re in a gathering phase. And now with this story out there, obviously, I think some of those trails may be wiped up if, in fact, it’s true. And so — but, you know, I think that’s a question for who makes the decisions to brief the president on what. That’s typically a career person. But it’s not a scandal, and the point of the president knew and he didn’t do anything about it, the real issue here though is, if it’s true.”

    More lies. The information in the PDB is the best vetted and/or most relevant intel for the President (duh).

    So now that we have *confirmation* from both a Republican and Democrat that this is a real thing what is Trump going to do about it? Where is Trump's fury and righteous desire to retaliate?

    And why did Ratfink and Grennell lie about the intel existing?



    He further stated that if the bounties exist, “let’s let this come out, and then the president needs to take aggressive action at that point. But you can’t really do it if you don’t know.”

    It has been nearly 96 hours and 36 holes of golf since this broke. What is Trump's response? When will he address the nation and indicate he has directed a round of punishing sanctions against his butt buddy Putin?
    Last edited by DivineOb; 06-30-2020 at 10:07 AM.

  5. #195
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,210
    Amen (Given)
    167
    Amen (Received)
    165
    So for all those of you blasting that this was just made up by "the failing" NYT I've got a big pile of crow over here for you. MM gets a double portion just because I like his face. I'll wait for you all to man up and admit your error.

  6. #196
    tWebber Whateverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    832
    Amen (Given)
    178
    Amen (Received)
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    So for all those of you blasting that this was just made up by "the failing" NYT I've got a big pile of crow over here for you. MM gets a double portion just because I like his face. I'll wait for you all to man up and admit your error.
    I hope you have plenty of food and water nearby, because this is gonna take some time...

  7. #197
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,991
    Amen (Given)
    6662
    Amen (Received)
    8260
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Can you imagine if the decision of the "career person" to brief-or-not-to-brief the president was left up to someone like Strozk or Comey? And they decided not to brief him, and then scoot their information over to the New York Times? Setting Trump up for a fall? I wouldn't put it past some of these people.

    It's interesting how this months-old alleged incident is only coming out now nearer election time.
    An excellent observation. The most troubling aspect of this story is that seditious persons in the administration are still leaking classified information to the media.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  8. #198
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,939
    Amen (Given)
    379
    Amen (Received)
    1424
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    So for all those of you blasting that this was just made up by "the failing" NYT I've got a big pile of crow over here for you. MM gets a double portion just because I like his face. I'll wait for you all to man up and admit your error.
    Not necessarily the NYT, at least from my perspective. After all, it wasn't the press that made up WMDs in Iraq, though they definitely ran with it.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  9. #199
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    960
    Amen (Given)
    143
    Amen (Received)
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    So for all those of you blasting that this was just made up by "the failing" NYT I've got a big pile of crow over here for you. MM gets a double portion just because I like his face. I'll wait for you all to man up and admit your error.
    I never said "made up". At any rate, the jury is still out.

  10. #200
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,210
    Amen (Given)
    167
    Amen (Received)
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    The jury is still out.
    What aspects are the jury still out about?

    1) The intelligence exists.
    2) It was in the PDB. Trump knew or should have known. If you're going to argue he was "only" grossly incompetent that's hardly a win.
    3) Trump hasn't taken *any* action for 96 hours after this broke. But he did have time for 36 holes of golf. He wasn't even briefed (according to him) until at least Monday. Has he even been briefed yet (according to him)?

    Treason in all but legal definition (and this possibly even meets that bar).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •