Page 26 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 788

Thread: Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

  1. #251
    Department Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,515
    Amen (Given)
    21763
    Amen (Received)
    1637
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Great. AFAIK all of the articles cite multiple sources.
    You only mentioned Mr. A nonymous in your reply to my fact check of the AP story.

    There may have been mulitple anonymous sources in the reports but that doesn't' make them reliable we don't know. Were they in the room, did they see President Trump reading the report, did they know what was in the report, or is it water cooler talk? we don't know. and given the track record of NYTs, CNN, etc I have to guess they really don't know or were making it out of whole cloth because they have had to back track time and again on articles or reports they made about orange man being bad when the facts that came out later proved the opposite of what they said happened. Russia Collusion, Covingting Kids, Urkraine Collusion etc.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 06-30-2020 at 04:24 PM.

  2. #252
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,287
    Amen (Given)
    172
    Amen (Received)
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Then why did you say....



    The former is multiple
    the latter is singular

    Do you wish to change your story?
    You're a pastor and you don't understand the subjunctive verb tense?

  3. #253
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,430
    Amen (Given)
    14180
    Amen (Received)
    29041

    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    You're a pastor and you don't understand the subjunctive verb tense?


    So, you're gonna go with that, eh?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  4. #254
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,287
    Amen (Given)
    172
    Amen (Received)
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post




    So, you're gonna go with that, eh?
    Yes, I'm going to go with pointing out that one of those was a statement of fact and one was a hypothetical.

  5. #255
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,430
    Amen (Given)
    14180
    Amen (Received)
    29041
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Yes, I'm going to go with pointing out that one of those was a statement of fact and one was a hypothetical.
    Sure. Go with that.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  6. #256
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,054
    Amen (Given)
    6673
    Amen (Received)
    8267
    An anonymous source is fine as a starting point, but the second he is refuted by a named source speaking on the record, then that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  7. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  8. #257
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,287
    Amen (Given)
    172
    Amen (Received)
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    An anonymous source is fine as a starting point, but the second he is refuted by a named source speaking on the record, then that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.
    Ok. Two of the named sources contradict the current DNI, the prior DNI, and Trump.

  9. #258
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    967
    Amen (Given)
    148
    Amen (Received)
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Hey, yet ANOTHER thing we have in common!!!!
    May I ask where you worked? Or do you prefer not to provide personal details.

  10. #259
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,054
    Amen (Given)
    6673
    Amen (Received)
    8267
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineBoob View Post
    Ok. Two of the named sources contradict the current DNI, the prior DNI, and Trump.
    No they don't. Everybody is saying the same thing, that Trump was never briefed because the information was deemed not credible.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  11. #260
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,430
    Amen (Given)
    14180
    Amen (Received)
    29041
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    May I ask where you worked? Or do you prefer not to provide personal details.
    I'll PM you.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •