Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    So basically all this is just more fake news. NYT printed a rumor that the intelligence agencies dismissed long ago and never bothered to even report to Trump.
    The intelligence was shared with the UK a week ago...

aka. real news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      So basically all this is just more fake news. NYT printed a rumor that the intelligence agencies dismissed long ago and never bothered to even report to Trump.
      Pretty much. Former acting DNI Richard Grenell also says he was never briefed on this. So basically, it was quickly debunked by our intelligence agencies, and that was the end of it. You don't bother the Commander in Chief with unfounded rumors.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...nties-n2571503

In summary 1) The reports lacked credibility; and 2) the President was never briefed. I expect the New York Times to retract their story any minute now. Just you wait. Aaaaaaany minute now...
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Again, this story has been confirmed by FNC, WSJ, and WaPo. Stop pretending that this is just coming from "the failing" NYT and can be ignored on that basis.

If you're going to listen to conservative outhouse et al. over those clearly more reliable and trustworthy sources then stop pretending you are actually interested in the truth. Just admit you want to hear only what you want to hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
          Again, this story has been confirmed by FNC, WSJ, and WaPo.
          Repeating "sources say" rumors is not the same as confirmation, you idiot. Reports from named sources including former acting DNI Richard Grenell and President Trump himself say that the President was never briefed because the reports lacked credibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
            How so?

How does a four year old report prove wrong anything I've said about neocons in this thread? Be specific, if you can.
            That there was a neocon plot to get Trump removed. Why the playing dumb act? That type of engagement here at tweb is kiddy stuff and it bores me.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              The so called neocons originated in the 1960's, so no, as usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.
              So what if they originated in the 1960's? Did I say they originated today? What does their origins have to do with their stance on Trump? Looks like it's not just Biden going senile.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Repeating "sources say" rumors is not the same as confirmation, you idiot. Reports from named sources including former acting DNI Richard Grenell and President Trump himself say that the President was never briefed because the reports lacked credibility.
                Grenell denied that the Russian bounties were a thing. Trump confirmed they're a thing. Not exactly credible. Idiot.

Comment

• The briefing today is for House Republicans only. How much more of a confession do you need?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                    Grenell denied that the Russian bounties were a thing. Trump confirmed they're a thing. Not exactly credible. Idiot.
                    do you have a link to Trump confirming they're a thing
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                      No need to trust your -- *ahem* -- "interpretation". Let's go right to the source:

tweet1.jpg

tweet2.jpg

Of course you would have known this if you had followed the link I had helpfully provided in a previous post.
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 06-29-2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        No need to trust your -- *ahem* -- "interpretation". Let's go right to the source:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46124[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46125[/ATTACH]

Of course you would have known this if you had following the link I had helpfully provided in a previous post.
                        Those are the tweets I had in mind. Grenell denied that there was intel indicating that Russia was putting bounties on Americans. Trump stated that there *was* such intel but it allegedly wasn't considered credible. They contradict each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          do you have a link to Trump confirming they're a thing
                          The tweet from Trump which WW posted is what I was referring to.

Comment

Those are the tweets I had in mind. Grenell denied that there was intel indicating that Russia was putting bounties on Americans. Trump stated that there *was* such intel but it allegedly wasn't considered credible. They contradict each other.
                            So, let's look at the actual content of the first tweet.... On June 28. apparently, Trump tweets

"Intel just reported to me that they did not find this info credible, and therefore did not report it to me..."

Do you dispute that's what he tweeted?

From that, a logical person would gather that, PRIOR to "just now", Trump had not heard of this, and was "just now" learning about it.

Next?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              So, let's look at the actual content of the first tweet.... On June 28. apparently, Trump tweets

"Intel just reported to me that they did not find this info credible, and therefore did not report it to me..."

Do you dispute that's what he tweeted?

From that, a logical person would gather that, PRIOR to "just now", Trump had not heard of this, and was "just now" learning about it.

Next?
                              Exactly. And Grenell states that he never heard about it at all. It can't both be the case that Grenell never heard about it and that the IC had heard of it but deemed it uncredible.

And if everything where above board I can't comprehend of any single reason Trump wouldn't want to brief *all* of Congress on exactly how and why this info was deemed uncredible, and thus, ignored. Can you?
                              Last edited by DivineOb; 06-29-2020, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Exactly.

And Grenell states that he never heard about it at all. It can't both be the case that Grenell never heard about it and that the IC had heard of it but deemed it uncredible.
                                OK, so Grenell's tweet, the day before, starts off with "I never heard this...."
                                What, exactly, is he saying he never heard? Remember, it's the day BEFORE Trump's tweet, so it can't possibly be responding to Trump.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment