Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You're sounding more and more like JimL --- only a much angrier and more bitter version.

Kinda like "No True Scotsman" on crack.

ETA: To JimL's credit, I don't recall him every pitching a wall-eyed fit over somebody "not being a Patriot" simply for not being outraged about the same things over which he is outraged.
    Yes, I am bitter. I have given you my list of grievances in this thread already. The harm that has been caused this country just for some tax cuts and judges is incalculable.

BTW, how's Texas doing? I hear Houston ICUs are filling up fast (and essentially full). Who do you blame for that? Aren't you mad at them for allowing this to happen?

Comment

You're sounding more and more like JimL --- only a much angrier and more bitter version.

Kinda like "No True Scotsman" on crack.

ETA: To JimL's credit, I don't recall him every pitching a wall-eyed fit over somebody "not being a Patriot" simply for not being outraged about the same things over which he is outraged.
      Well you either have a bad memory or you missed it, CP. I don't believe anyone who is following and is not only not outraged but accepts and defends this Presidents actions is a patriot in support of this country or of democracy itself. I think the majority of his supporters are just politically ignorant lemmings sticking with the tribe so I wouldn't label them traitors, but the knowledgable and ardent defenders of a traitor I consider to be traitors themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        As I have stated repeatedly, at this point I'm just here for the spectacle. In the coming months I will get to witness an apocalyptic shattering of cognitive dissonance which is something I've never been able to see firsthand before.
        I am afraid you would be disappointed. Theologyweb has lived through Obama being elected twice and we didn't have any "apocalytic shattering of cognitive dissonance" - that only happened with you liberals when Trump beat Killary. Instant riots in the street, mass weeping by snowflakes, complete denial by JimL and others on tweb. It was glorious.

If Hiden wins, we will be disappointed but on the good side we will have someone to mock for 4 years as his mind continues to fail (if he lasts that long). But we won't lose it like the liberals did. Conservatives are much more reserved and patient.

Comment

Yes, I am bitter.
          I don't think anybody on here disputes that.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The part that the initial report was completely uncorroborated and still remains so is the key.

Are we to react to every single unsubstantiated rumor?

If Trump had responded to this in the manner you are now demanding you would have then started a thread about how Trump is going to get us into WWIII because he responds to every rumor without waiting for verification.
            Whether the initial intel was weak or not only impacts the first scandal. The second scandal, Trump's reaction now that the intel has reached a far more solid level, remains a problem regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I am afraid you would be disappointed. Theologyweb has lived through Obama being elected twice and we didn't have any "apocalytic shattering of cognitive dissonance" - that only happened with you liberals when Trump beat Killary. Instant riots in the street, mass weeping by snowflakes, complete denial by JimL and others on tweb. It was glorious.

If Hiden wins, we will be disappointed but on the good side we will have someone to mock for 4 years as his mind continues to fail (if he lasts that long). But we won't lose it like the liberals did. Conservatives are much more reserved and patient.
              Yes, that describes conservatives. Know any? All I see are wannabe fascists.

And the "apocalyptic shattering" I'm referring to has to do with Benedict Donald's literal Russian ties and allegiance being finally revealed. It will be glorious to witness people confronted with the fact that they literally spent 4 years defending a traitor.
              Last edited by DivineOb; 07-09-2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Yes, that describes conservatives. Know any? All I see are wannabe fascists.
                Sounds like you are suffering from an apocalyptic shattering of cognitive dissonance. Need a tissue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Sounds like you are suffering from an apocalyptic shattering of cognitive dissonance. Need a tissue?
                  I'm fine, thanks.

So everyone in this thread is cool with Pompeo electing not to appear in front of House Foreign Relations Committee today? Isn't it odd that he elects not to provide further info about this "weak" bounty intel if it would clear Trump's name?

Comment

• Here's a quote from the FRC hearing this morning

On bounties "if true, it would be an unacceptable escalation and if true, the administration must take swift action to hold the Putin regime accountable and that includes not inviting Russia to rejoin the G7," Rep. Michael McCaul, R-TX, says.

If McCaul can say it why can't Trump?

Comment

Here's a quote from the FRC hearing this morning

On bounties "if true, it would be an unacceptable escalation and if true, the administration must take swift action to hold the Putin regime accountable and that includes not inviting Russia to rejoin the G7," Rep. Michael McCaul, R-TX, says.

If McCaul can say it why can't Trump?
                      Just helpin' ya out, bro.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Just helpin' ya out, bro.
                        Right. Trump can't make a well qualified statement like that why can McCaul?

Comment

Right. Trump can't make a well qualified statement like that why can McCaul?
                          You're really having a problem figuring out Trump's Trump, aren't you?

Comment

You're really having a problem figuring out Trump's Trump, aren't you?
                            Trump is the CiC. Trump is Trump will only get you so much.

And the GOF remains silent about his betrayal of the soldiers under his command.

Comment

Trump is the CiC. Trump is Trump will only get you so much.
                              So, what the same thunder is the "GOF"?

(I have a feeling I'll be sorry I asked)

And the GOF remains silent about his betrayal of the soldiers under his command
                              Yup - a horribly miserable life you must lead.

Comment

So, what the same thunder is the "GOF"?

(I have a feeling I'll be sorry I asked)

Yup - a horribly miserable life you must lead.
                                Grand old Fascists

Comment