Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

OK, so Grenell's tweet, the day before, starts off with "I never heard this...."
    What, exactly, is he saying he never heard? Remember, it's the day BEFORE Trump's tweet, so it can't possibly be responding to Trump.
    Correct. Grenell said he never heard of it i.e. that there exists no intelligence regarding the bounties. Trump is contradicting that by stating that the intelligence exists but it was deemed uncredible.

If everything is above board why isn't Trump briefing *all* of Congress but instead only Republicans? What possible reason could there be?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      Correct. Grenell said he never heard of it i.e. that there exists no intelligence regarding the bounties. Trump is contradicting that by stating that the intelligence exists but it was deemed uncredible.

If everything is above board why isn't Trump briefing *all* of Congress but instead only Republicans? What possible reason could there be?
      Why would he brief enemies of the United States and all of civilization?
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Correct. Grenell said he never heard of it
        So far, so good, but what was "it"?

i.e. that there exists no intelligence regarding the bounties.
        Can you show me that's what he was responding to?

Trump is contradicting that by stating that the intelligence exists but it was deemed uncredible.

Because, like everything else in incredibly divisive DC, this is one of those political footballs that both sides want to control to their own good.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
          Grenell denied that there was intel indicating that Russia was putting bounties on Americans.
          No he didn't. He said, and I quote, "I never heard this." That's not denying that the intel existed, only that he was never told about it. He then went on to chastise the person he was responding to for being ignorant of how raw intel is handled and how dangerous it is to leak unconfirmed intel reports to the media.

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
          Trump stated that there *was* such intel but it allegedly wasn't considered credible. They contradict each other.
          False. Trump is saying the same thing as Grenell. Again I quote, "[Intelligence] did not find this info credible, and therefore did not report to me or [Vice President Pence]."

So in both cases, both Grenell and Trump are saying they were never told, and the reason they were never told is because the intel was deemed not credible.

Enough of your dishonest spin.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So far, so good, but what was "it"?

Can you show me that's what he was responding to?
            Here's the tweet he was responding to. He's disputing that the intelligence existed at all.

Because, like everything else in incredibly divisive DC, this is one of those political footballs that both sides want to control to their own good.
            What cynicism. Even the murder of Americans in uniform isn't large enough of an issue for you to expect better of Republicans? Shameful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Pretty much. Former acting DNI Richard Grenell also says he was never briefed on this. So basically, it was quickly debunked by our intelligence agencies, and that was the end of it. You don't bother the Commander in Chief with unfounded rumors.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...nties-n2571503

In summary 1) The reports lacked credibility; and 2) the President was never briefed. I expect the New York Times to retract their story any minute now. Just you wait. Aaaaaaany minute now...
              NYT retract a story? Nah. They know the short attention span of their readers, who will just quickly rush over to the next unfounded nutso attempt to smear the president.

These people who buy everything reported in the MSM are living in an alternate reality, where only today exists and nothing prior. If this story gets blown out of the water, they'll act like they never heard of it before - or they will still insist it's true anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                That there was a neocon plot to get Trump removed.
                A four year old report can't possibly contain information about a neocon plot to get rid of Trump, because Trump wasn't president back then...

I mean, seriously, basic math here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  No he didn't. He said, and I quote, "I never heard this." That's not denying that the intel existed, only that he was never told about it. He then went on to chastise the person he was responding to for being ignorant of how raw intel is handled and how dangerous it is to leak unconfirmed intel reports to the media.

False. Trump is saying the same thing as Grenell. Again I quote, "[Intelligence] did not find this info credible, and therefore did not report to me or [Vice President Pence]."

So in both cases, both Grenell and Trump are saying they were never told, and the reason they were never told is because the intel was deemed not credible.

Enough of your dishonest spin.
                  If you think the DNI wouldn't have even heard about this intel I can't help you.

To repeat again: FNC and WSJ BOTH think this is a credible story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                    A four year old report can't possibly contain information about a neocon plot to get rid of Trump, because Trump wasn't president back then...

I mean, seriously, basic math here...
                    They wanted Trump removed and plotted with each other towards that end. They and all their political influence didn't just vanish into thin air four years ago. If you want to continue this charade, go for it. I'm done.

Comment

Here's the tweet he was responding to. He's disputing that the intelligence existed at all.
                      Thanks, I'll give it a look.

What cynicism. Even the murder of Americans in uniform isn't large enough of an issue for you to expect better of Republicans? Shameful.
                      Oh, spare me the drama! This kind of crap really gets old ---- "OH, if you are not absolutely FURIOUS about this little twitterwar, you HATE OUR TROOPS!!!!"

Somehow, DramaQueens just don't do much for me in the shame department.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                        NYT retract a story? Nah. They know the short attention span of their readers, who will just quickly rush over to the next unfounded nutso attempt to smear the president.

These people who buy everything reported in the MSM are living in an alternate reality, where only today exists and nothing prior. If this story gets blown out of the water, they'll act like they never heard of it before - or they will still insist it's true anyway.
                        It's almost as bad as the Judge saying "The Jury will disregard the statement......"

Comment

Oh, spare me the drama! This kind of crap really gets old ---- "OH, if you are not absolutely FURIOUS about this little twitterwar, you HATE OUR TROOPS!!!!"

Somehow, DramaQueens just don't do much for me in the shame department.
                          You're obviously far beyond shame, CP. You have some absolutely obscene interpretation of America and Christianity which is beyond my capability to understand.

You got more worked up about admitting that someone was a baby[lover] than about rewarding Russia for murdering Americans. Despicable.

Comment

You're obviously far beyond shame, CP.
                            So far, you've shown me nothing about which I should be shamed. Just some dramaqueenery on your part, but that's on you.

You have some absolutely obscene interpretation of America and Christianity which is beyond my capability to understand.
                            It appears there's a whole lot beyond your capability to understand, so, I think I'm good, thanks.

You got more worked up about admitting that someone was a baby[lover] than about rewarding Russia for murdering Americans. Despicable.
                            Can you show me anywhere on Tweb where I have gotten "worked up"? I'm actually a pretty calm guy, now that my teenage girls are all married and raising their own families.

But, again, thanks.

Comment

You're obviously far beyond shame, CP.
                              See, here's a big difference between us.

I see an actual problem, and I work to solve or mitigate the problem. I've pretty much always been in crisis management / problem resolution.

You hear a rumor or see a potential problem, and go on a full blown freak-out, rant and rave like a lunatic, exaggerate, take things in the least charitable way possible, then get all psycho crazy when somebody doesn't get just as emotionally unbalanced as you are.

My life motto is pretty much summed up by Gene Krantz speaking to a roomful of people during the Apollo 13 crisis.... "Let's work the problem people. Let's not make things worse by guessing".

IF Russia was paying bounties for American deaths, that's horrible, but that's the kind of thing that happens in war. For me to go psycho crazy about it doesn't do a thing to bring back any soldier who may have been killed as a result.

Nor does all your virtue signal hysteria. But, hey, maybe it will keep you from having a stroke or heart attack!

Comment

So far, you've shown me nothing about which I should be shamed. Just some dramaqueenery on your part, but that's on you.
                                The fact that you're ok with anything short of absolute candor and transparency about rewarding Russia after they placed *and paid* bounties for American lives. Anything short of fury that Trump, apparently, has still not been briefed about this because two days of golfing got in the way. If you don't understand how deeply unAmerican sanctifying that behavior is then there's absolutely nothing that I know which can remind you of what American is and represents. All I can do is take cold comfort in the fact that the days of white America are coming to a close.

It appears there's a whole lot beyond your capability to understand, so, I think I'm good, thanks.
                                I understand love of country and honoring those in uniform. Something which should be a slam dunk for a Republican.

Can you show me anywhere on Tweb where I have gotten "worked up"? I'm actually a pretty calm guy, now that my teenage girls are all married and raising their own families.

But, again, thanks.
                                Feel free to peruse the the baby[lover] thread if your memory is so short.

Comment