Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Except, of course, the "independently verified" claim, no? Wasn't that a whole lot of your "shtick"?
    No, because WSJ independently confirmed it.

Comment

One of our local (well, Houston is KINDA local) provides a "moment of Zen" on their nightly newscast to help calm down people... um.. who......

I think it might be helpful for you.

Just Google KHOU 11 News - MOMENT OF ZEN.
      This is a nice attempt at avoiding this issue but I won't allow it

Trump golfed rather than be briefed on Russia, a country he considers an ally, offering money for the murder of Americans.

You know you can't defend that behavior. You know that we'd generate enough energy to power the globe for centuries off the rage that would have been generated had Obama done this.

Comment

One of our local (well, Houston is KINDA local) provides a "moment of Zen" on their nightly newscast to help calm down people... um.. who......

I think it might be helpful for you.

Just Google KHOU 11 News - MOMENT OF ZEN.
        So the actual news is now imitating a parody news show (The Daily Show). Somehow I'm not surprised.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          So the actual news is now imitating a parody news show (The Daily Show). Somehow I'm not surprised.
          Yup.... they actually have these "Moments of Zen" in the middle of the "News" to help people deal with "the stress of life". At first, I thought it was an intro to a story about "how dumb is this" or something, but, no ----- you can find a whole bunch of those "Moments of Zen" on their Facebook page.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
            This is a nice attempt at avoiding this issue but I won't allow it
            You won't, won't you?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You won't, won't you?
              I won't. Your supposed patriotism and love of country is laid bare.

Comment

• White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany faced a barrage of questions Monday about why the White House was not briefed by intelligence on a report claiming Russia paid Taliban-linked militants to kill U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

During a press briefing, McEnany repeatedly asserted there was “no consensus” on the validity of such reports and said the president was only briefed on verified intelligence.

The press secretary added that the intelligence community is fraught with “dissenting opinions” in regards to the Russian bounties. The claim "would not be elevated to the president until it was verified," McEnany added.

The press secretary added that the New York Times, which broke the story, “erroneously reported” that the president had been briefed on the intelligence when neither he nor Vice President Pence had been briefed.

McEnany noted “there’s no stronger advocate” for members of the military than President Trump and said he has been “extremely strong” on Russia, “imposing sanctions on hundreds of Russian individuals, expelling dozens of diplomats, closing two Russian consulates, withdrawing from an IMF treaty and several other actions.”

The press secretary said the White House had invited eight members of Congress from both parties to be briefed on the situation Monday afternoon.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mce...tack-us-troops
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                  I won't. Your supposed patriotism and love of country is laid bare.
                  Cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The press secretary said the White House had invited eight members of Congress from both parties to be briefed on the situation Monday afternoon.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mce...tack-us-troops
                    AFAIK only Republicans were briefed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                      AFAIK only Republicans were briefed.
                      Not that you've bothered to post a source.

Comment

Not that you've bothered to post a source.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ounties-344219

The White House briefed eight House Republicans on intelligence that Russia offered bounties to Afghan militants who targeted U.S. troops for assassination, according to Trump administration officials and congressional sources.

Noticeably absent from the briefing, which are traditionally bipartisan affairs, were any Democrats, despite controlling both House panels. House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) is expected to bring a group of Democratic members to the White House for a briefing Tuesday at 8 a.m.

So the democrats are going to get a briefing tomorrow. At least there's that. Still this whole thing absolutely reeks.

Comment

So the democrats are going to get a briefing tomorrow.
                          I accept your concession.

Comment

I accept your concession.
                            The briefing today was only for Republicans. That contradicts your article.

Comment

• The Russian bounties story was included in the PDB.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/polit...ing/index.html

The intelligence that assessed there was an effort by a Russian military intelligence unit to pay the Taliban to kill US soldiers was included in one of President Donald Trump's daily briefings on intelligence matters sometime in the spring, according to a US official with direct knowledge of the latest information.
                              That assessment, the source said, was backed up by "several pieces of information" that supported the view that there was an effort by the Russian intelligence unit -- the GRU -- to pay bounties to kill US soldiers, including interrogation of Taliban detainees and electronic eavesdropping. The source said there was some other information that did not corroborate this view but said, nonetheless, '"This was a big deal. When it's about US troops you go after it 100%, with everything you got."

So now one needs to ask why Trump, Pence, Ratcliffe and Grenell lied.

Comment

The briefing today was only for Republicans. That contradicts your article.
                                It wasn't my article, it was FOX News reporting an official statement from the White House saying that both Republican and Democrat congressmen will be briefed. You conceded this point.

Comment