Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Recent poll: what do Americans think of Canada?

  1. #21
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,938
    Amen (Given)
    1235
    Amen (Received)
    22027
    Quote Originally Posted by The Melody Maker View Post
    On the contrary, 100% of this Canadian post thinks that Alberta should offer to buy the US. All your US are belong to us now!
    You can start with San Francisco, Chicago and Detroit and if your check clears the bank we'll talk about Washington D.C.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  2. #22
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    903
    Amen (Given)
    129
    Amen (Received)
    275
    Looking at a satellite image, the lower third of Alberta looks like plains and the upper two thirds looks like Siberia. Probably some extreme seasonal temperatures. Nah, I doubt I'd want to live there.

    Canada got the short end of the deal when they started drawing boundaries 200+ years ago. They got possession of a lot of unusable frozen yuck.

  3. #23
    tWebber Whateverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    715
    Amen (Given)
    154
    Amen (Received)
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by The Melody Maker View Post
    On the contrary, 100% of this Canadian post thinks that Alberta should offer to buy the US. All your US are belong to us now!
    We'll throw in Alabama for free!

  4. #24
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    23,014
    Amen (Given)
    17389
    Amen (Received)
    10591
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    You can start with San Francisco, Chicago and Detroit and if your check clears the bank we'll talk about Washington D.C.
    No. We want the conservative states.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  5. Amen The Melody Maker amen'd this post.
  6. #25
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    23,014
    Amen (Given)
    17389
    Amen (Received)
    10591
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Looking at a satellite image, the lower third of Alberta looks like plains and the upper two thirds looks like Siberia. Probably some extreme seasonal temperatures. Nah, I doubt I'd want to live there.

    Canada got the short end of the deal when they started drawing boundaries 200+ years ago. They got possession of a lot of unusable frozen yuck.
    You poor, poor man.

    Alberta is absolutely stunning. Have you seen pictures of Jasper and Banff?

    Have you seen the forested areas?

    Northern Alberta has the OIL sands..........not TAR sands, and if you call them that I will hunt you down.

    I have lived here all my life, and wouldn't swap it for anything. Except maybe an ocean view.

    Which will be mine after the Big Earthquake takes all of the west coast from Mexico to Alaska into the ocean!

    :mossyay:

    Sorry. I don't mean to be so rude.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  7. #26
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Faith
    Lutheran (LCC)
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    67
    Amen (Given)
    43
    Amen (Received)
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Sorry. I don't mean to be so rude.
    I think you are being much too hard on our American friends. There are many ways in which the United States is superior to Canada.

    For example, the United States has much nicer neighbours than Canada does...

  8. Amen Whateverman, Ronson amen'd this post.
  9. #27
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    23,014
    Amen (Given)
    17389
    Amen (Received)
    10591
    Quote Originally Posted by Reepicheep View Post
    I think you are being much too hard on our American friends. There are many ways in which the United States is superior to Canada.

    For example, the United States has much nicer neighbours than Canada does...
    Oh, that's a joke!












    Oh, wait..................


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  10. #28
    tWebber Whateverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    715
    Amen (Given)
    154
    Amen (Received)
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Reepicheep View Post
    I think you are being much too hard on our American friends. There are many ways in which the United States is superior to Canada.

    For example, the United States has much nicer neighbours than Canada does...
    It's true! Our neighbors to the north are wonderful!

    Your neighbors to the north... well... I imagine you're lucky if you get blubber for Christmas...

  11. #29
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    23,014
    Amen (Given)
    17389
    Amen (Received)
    10591
    Another Canadian!

    I'm so happy!

    Sorry. I don't mean to be so happy.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  12. #30
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    903
    Amen (Given)
    129
    Amen (Received)
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    You poor, poor man.

    Alberta is absolutely stunning. Have you seen pictures of Jasper and Banff?

    Have you seen the forested areas?
    I've been Googling. Yeah, much nicer close up. I'd still be scared of the weather.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •