View Poll Results: Are Anarchists of Today same as Sons of Liberty?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • The anarchists of today are NOTHING LIKE the Boston Tea Party actors

5 38.46%
  • The anarchists of today are BARELY LIKE the Boston Tea Party actors

1 7.69%
  • The anarchists of today are KINDA LIKE the Boston Tea Party actors

7 53.85%
  • The anarchists of today are EXACTLY LIKE the Boston Tea Party actors

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anarchists of Today Same as Boston Tea Party Actors?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Oh, so you think nobody took some tea home with them because history doesn't asccount for that? I'll bet they all took home enough tea to last them for years.
    wow

The things you must invent to try to salvage your ... um... "reputation".

Doesn't change the fact that it was a violent protest against what the colonist thought to be wrong. Throwing tea into the sea...
    Jim, do you imagine this tea was in individually boxed packages for supermarket shelves?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You were touting it yourself, Jim, until it became obvious it's not the same as the anarchists you defend.

You don't recall this nutty attempt at equating the two?

Now, you're trying to say they were NOT just "throwing tea into the sea"?

Sheeeeesh
    You have this problem of reading into things what you want them to say, CP. Saying they tossed the tea into the sea, which they did, doesn't mean that they didn't take as much of it as they could carry home as well. Who knows? You don't know anymore than I or anyone else does. My guess is that most likely, they took home what they could.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh, so you think nobody took some tea home with them because history doesn't asccount for that? I'll bet they all took home enough tea to last them for years.
    What Happened at the Boston Tea Party?

That night, a large group of men – many reportedly members of the Sons of Liberty – disguised themselves in Native American garb, boarded the docked ships and threw 342 chests of tea into the water.

Said participant George Hewes, “We then were ordered by our commander to open the hatches and take out all the chests of tea and throw them overboard, and we immediately proceeded to execute his orders, first cutting and splitting the chests with our tomahawks, so as thoroughly to expose them to the effects of the water.”

Hewes also noted that “We were surrounded by British armed ships, but no attempt was made to resist us.”

Did you know? It took nearly three hours for more than 100 colonists to empty the tea into Boston Harbor. The chests held more than 90,000 lbs. (45 tons) of tea, which would cost nearly $1,000,000 dollars today.

Obviously I'm not besmirching either of them.
    You're defending the anarchists as "statue topplers" and now besmirching the Tea Party actors as thieves.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You have this problem of reading into things what you want them to say, CP. Saying they tossed the tea into the sea, which they did, doesn't mean that they didn't take as much of it as they could carry home as well. Who knows? You don't know anymore than I or anyone else does. My guess is that most likely, they took home what they could.
    Already answered.

You're a riot. Defending your anarchist buddies while casting aspersion on the Tea Party actors.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What Happened at the Boston Tea Party?

That night, a large group of men – many reportedly members of the Sons of Liberty – disguised themselves in Native American garb, boarded the docked ships and threw 342 chests of tea into the water.

Said participant George Hewes, “We then were ordered by our commander to open the hatches and take out all the chests of tea and throw them overboard, and we immediately proceeded to execute his orders, first cutting and splitting the chests with our tomahawks, so as thoroughly to expose them to the effects of the water.”

Hewes also noted that “We were surrounded by British armed ships, but no attempt was made to resist us.”

Did you know? It took nearly three hours for more than 100 colonists to empty the tea into Boston Harbor. The chests held more than 90,000 lbs. (45 tons) of tea, which would cost nearly $1,000,000 dollars today.

You're defending the anarchists as "statue topplers" and now besmirching the Tea Party actors as thieves.
    Oh, no!

The first incident of cultural appropriation in the Colonies!

K, I'm going now..

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

6. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It was in large crates. They didn't have time to go shopping.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I defend the peaceful protests without reservation. I condemn the looting and burning and chaos and mayhem associated with those protests that get out of control, including the destruction of public property that you love to call "the toppling of statutes", which shows your support for chaos and mayhem.
    Same here. I'm a big time supporter of free speech and actually understand that popular speech doesn't need protecting. It's the things that offend and make folks uncomfortable that need protecting. At one time, not all that long ago, the left understood that as well but have now utterly abandoned it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." --Evelyn Beatrice Hall in her The Friends of Voltaire

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

9. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Wrong subject rogue, try to stay focused.
    Avoidance and inability to answer duly noted

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

11. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.