Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Retweeting Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    I didn't know, though I suspected that he did not denounce it. Turns out, from a google search, my suspicians were correct, he never did denounced it, and that speaks volumes.
    It does indeed.

It's entirely plausible that Trump's attention span was too pitiful to notice the guy shouting "white power!" in his reTweet. However, the story about that white power guy has been out for several days, and he's had plenty of time to distance himself from such things. That he's remained silent almost proves that he knew exactly what he was doing during that initial Tweet....

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      You insulted me twice, but here all you did was wring your hands in passing. Yeah, you're a real stand-up guy.
      I apologize for huwting your delicate widdle feewins.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
        “Some people don’t wash their hands properly, so let’s not wash hands.”
        It's more along the lines of "If it has the (at least theoretical) possibility of saving even a single life, then it's worth it", even if it means trampling on people's personal liberties.

Or in the thinking of government bureaucrats who value process over results: "We must do something about the China flu. Forcing people to wear masks is 'something'. Therefore, we must force people to wear masks." It doesn't seem to matter to them that your chances of contracting the Wuhan virus while casually walking among members of the public is slim to none. Not to mention that keeping a mask draped under your chin, constantly pulling it away from your face to talk or rub your nose, leaving your nose uncovered, wearing it loosely, etc. -- which is how the vast majority of people are using masks -- is not doing them a bit of good anyway.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          To not denounce his deference to racism serves two purposes:

1) since they are not explicit, he can feed the 'fake news' mantra. His minions will dutifully declare the observation and rightful characterization of his action a biased interpretation of what he did.

2) the neo nazi's and white supremacists will be able to continue to believe that even if he is not technically 'one of them', he's so close they can give him their full support.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            It's more along the lines of "If it has the (at least theoretical) possibility of saving even a single life, then it's worth it", even if it means trampling on people's personal liberties.

Or in the thinking of government bureaucrats who value process over results: "We must do something about the China flu. Forcing people to wear masks is 'something'. Therefore, we must force people to wear masks." It doesn't seem to matter to them that your chances of contracting the Wuhan virus while casually walking among members of the public is slim to none. Not to mention that keeping a mask draped under your chin, constantly pulling it away from your face to talk or rub your nose, leaving your nose uncovered, wearing it loosely, etc. -- which is how the vast majority of people are using masks -- is not doing them a bit of good anyway.
            “Some people don’t wipe their butts properly, so let’s not wipe our butts.”

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I apologize for huwting your delicate widdle feewins.
              Oh, no, my skin is very thick; if I couldn't handle being insulted by mouth-breathers, I wouldn't post to discussion forums.

I was pointing out that the only time you care about disparaging words is when they're said by someone from the out-group.

Comment

How do you know that?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh, no, my skin is very thick;
                  Sure doesn't look like it.

if I couldn't handle being insulted by mouth-breathers, I wouldn't post to discussion forums.
                  Ah, so your response to being insulted is to hurl totally inaccurate insults. Cute.

I was pointing out that the only time you care about disparaging words is when they're said by someone from the out-group.
                  That's obviously a lie, since I opposed one of my best friends on her use of the word "libtard", the use of that word in general, and any use of "retarded" that is not in proper context. By anybody anywhere any time.

Comment

How do you know that?
                    I figured logic would dictate, but let me try another:

“Some people don’t cover their noses when they sneeze in public, so let’s not cover our nose when we sneeze in public.”

Comment

I figured logic would dictate, but let me try another:
                      Oh, ok... good.

“Some people don’t cover their noses when they sneeze in public, so let’s not cover our nose when we sneeze in public.”
                      My sneezes are often totally unpredictable and lightning fast, but I always try to cover them when I can.

Comment

Oh, ok... good.

My sneezes are often totally unpredictable and lightning fast, but I always try to cover them when I can.
                        As do most considerate people. Imagine how much easier it’d be to simply wear a mask.

Comment

That's obviously a lie
                          Conservatives get bitten by their alternative facts all the time ;)

since I opposed one of my best friends on her use of the word "libtard"
                          You "opposed" it? Lol! You let it pass, and then quietly said to other people, yeah, I wish she hadn't said that. That's not opposition.

the use of that word in general
                          The facts show you only pay lip service to this "opposition" ;)

and any use of "retarded" that is not in proper context.
                          Oh! Suddenly there's a context in which "retard" is acceptable now? Funny, this nuanced position never appeared when you were insulting people from the out-group for using it. Sounds like someone is desperate to rationalize his/her hypocrisy away...

Comment

As do most considerate people. Imagine how much easier it’d be to simply wear a mask.
                            I have been, but not at home.

Comment

Oh! Suddenly there's a context in which "retard" is acceptable now?
                              You're not a musician, I take it.

Comment

If that's the straw man you want to go with...

Comment