Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Retweeting Hate

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Retweeting Hate

Trump retweeted a video of a man shouting white power.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe...-in-the-video/

Many here concede Trump is a malignant narcissist but not a racist. I disagree.
    I propose thatís itís not that hard to convey youíre not racist and that Trump has failed spectacularly at that.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post

I propose thatís itís not that hard to convey youíre not racist and that Trump has failed spectacularly at that.
    The Trump apologists are currently considering how to find any way to allow this to pass. Don't expect them to draw the line and say that this is too much. They lost integrity long ago. They have become better at comming up with excuses for confusing wrong with right.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

3. Amen whag amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    The Trump apologists are currently considering how to find any way to allow this to pass. Don't expect them to draw the line and say that this is too much. They lost integrity long ago. They have become better at comming up with excuses for confusing wrong with right.
    In large part, I agree you are right about many in his base confusing wrong with right.

Case in point: Nepotism. Hunter Biden vs. Jared Kushner. To them, itís okay to appoint Jared to a dozen different roles heís not trained for.

By far, Jared Kushner is more corrupt having essentially been a slumlord real estate investor who made the life of his apartment tenants a living hell.

5. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Realistically there's no way he watched the entire video. He probably just watched five seconds of it, saw someone was supporting him, and retweeted it. He tends to have a bad habit of not checking out the entire context of things he's retweeting.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

7. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Realistically there's no way he watched the entire video. He probably just watched five seconds of it, saw someone was supporting him, and retweeted it. He tends to have a bad habit of not checking out the entire context of things he's retweeting.
    That's what the White House is saying.

"President Trump is a big fan of The Villages. He did not hear the one statement made on the video."

He really should hire an editor of sorts to vet his Tweets before they're sent out in order to avoid mistakes like this.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    That's what the White House is saying.

"President Trump is a big fan of The Villages. He did not hear the one statement made on the video."

He really should hire an editor of sorts to vet his Tweets before they're sent out in order to avoid mistakes like this.
    That weíre four years into his presidency without that basic business being taken care of isnít surprising. Heís a horrible businessman, as has always been said of him. Business was his only ďqualification.Ē

Without NBC resurrecting him as a star, he wouldnít be president.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That weíre four years into his presidency without that basic business being taken care of isnít surprising.
    Not especially.

Heís a horrible businessman...
    On the contrary, he's an extremely successful businessman. What he's not is a politician who has spent decades cultivating a slick public image to conceal who he really is. With Trump, what you see is literally what you get.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Yeah. I'm sure Trump thought "Hey, this should get me a lot of votes! I'll retweet racists shouting!"

OR .... as usual, he wasn't paying attention. Gee, I wonder which one

12. Amen Mountain Man, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That is absolutely true. He fails almost every time, and that kind of track record is no accident.

With regards to this latest example, Richard Bolton was on Jake Tapper's show this morning, and when asked about the reTweet, he had something like this to say:

He thinks it's more likely that Trump paid no attention to the video beyond seeing it contain support for him, and retweeted it based on that shallow appraisal.

I guess this sounds plausible. Trump's got the attention span of a goldfish, and while I definitely believe he's a racist - this latest gaffe probably isn't the best example of it.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Yeah. I'm sure Trump thought "Hey, this should get me a lot of votes! I'll retweet racists shouting!"

OR .... as usual, he wasn't paying attention. Gee, I wonder which one
    Like I said, itís not hard to convey youíre not racist or incompetent. Trump fails at both.