Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Retweeting Hate

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Like I said, itís not hard to convey youíre not racist or incompetent. Trump fails at both.
    In this case it's Occam's razor. You'd need to find something less defensible to prove racism.

Here, he's just being stupid. This move is too sure a way to lose votes.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trump retweeted a video of a man shouting white power.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe...-in-the-video/

Many here concede Trump is a malignant narcissist but not a racist. I disagree.
    I propose thatís itís not that hard to convey youíre not racist and that Trump has failed spectacularly at that.
    It's scary -- literally scary -- how you guys keep creating these "gotcha" threads about this faux claim of racism against Trump that always turns out to be bogus, yet you completely ignore Biden's past. Imagine if Trump had worked with white supremacists (not the fake "white supremacist" that's thrown around today by you clowns, but LITERAL 70s southern white supremacists) to vehemently oppose black segregation. It would be an open and shut case that Trump was a bonafide racist, even if Trump profusely apologized or made excuses for it. It would be a no-brainer. That type hypocrisy astounds the heck out of me.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

3. Amen RumTumTugger, One Bad Pig amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Like I said, itís not hard to convey youíre not racist or incompetent. Trump fails at both.
    He has got so many apologists who seemingly think they are called to try to clean up for him. It is right here in this thread. He can say whatever or do whatever, and there are people who see it as their higher calling to make sure he is not held accountable, to make sure others do not draw the line at this point or any of the previous points where they should have drawn the line if they actually cared about integrity.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    He has got so many apologists who seemingly think they are called to try to clean up for him. It is right here in this thread. He can say whatever or do whatever, and there are people who see it as their higher calling to make sure he is not held accountable, to make sure others do not draw the line at this point or any of the previous points where they should have drawn the line if they actually cared about integrity.
    OK, you're right. Trump's retweet was acknowledging his racist buddies, because he knows their votes will outweigh everyone elses and he will win reelection on their strength alone.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    OK, you're right. Trump's retweet was acknowledging his racist buddies, because he knows their votes will outweigh everyone elses and he will win reelection on their strength alone.

He will win partly on their strength and partly on the strength of people who do not really care, partly on people who see it as their higher calling to explain this all away, partly on people who are fooled by those who see it as their higher calling to make wrong look right and the like... You see, some people will support him no matter what. That is one reason he does not care too much about situations like the one we are discussing here.
    Last edited by Charles; 06-28-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Realistically there's no way he watched the entire video. He probably just watched five seconds of it, saw someone was supporting him, and retweeted it. He tends to have a bad habit of not checking out the entire context of things he's retweeting.
    And, KG is NOT a Trump apologist!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah. I'm sure Trump thought "Hey, this should get me a lot of votes! I'll retweet racists shouting!"

OR .... as usual, he wasn't paying attention. Gee, I wonder which one
    But, hey, if the leftists didn't have something to complain about, they'd be miserable. They're miserable unless they can be miserable.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

9. Amen One Bad Pig amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    And there are those who live in the gutter and will do anything and everything to spew forth hate. You guys are becoming very much like your image of Trump.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    But, hey, if the leftists didn't have something to complain about, they'd be miserable. They're miserable unless they can be miserable.
    The world's most powerful man retweets a video of a man shouting "white power". Somehow, in the preachers world, people who are concerned about that are miserable. People who complain about the retweeting of racist messages are miserable according to the "Christian" who claims to believe all people are created in the image of God. Do you remember those good old lyrics by Bob Dylan? You're gonna have to serve somebody.... I am sure you remember the next part...

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

He usually sends out secret code to his nonexistent white supremacist base. There was no code this time, so he must be slipping.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).