Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Retweeting Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    I am not sure you can remove the Dementia card from Trump's portfolio. He has made statements in the past he would not take responsible for.

Edited by a Moderator
    That last statement shows INCREDIBLY poor taste, Shuny.
    Last edited by DesertBerean; 06-28-2020, 07:54 PM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      That last statement shows INCREDIBLY poor taste, Shuny.
      Trump's got me beat with supporting 'White Power' with overwhelmingly incredible poor taste.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Trump's got me beat with supporting 'White Power' with overwhelmingly incredible poor taste.
        He's not a member of this board, Shuny - you are. You are becoming just like the object of your hate.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
          You might want to consider the gov just “took care of everybody” in the fiscal recovery package.

<mm>DoN’t cHaNgE tHe sUbJEcT!</mm>
          Of course the only reason the government felt compelled to create the fiscal recovery package is because of how it tried to "take care of everybody" with its draconian response to the China flu resulting in people losing their livelihoods. I hope the irony isn't lost on you.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Of course the only reason the government felt compelled to create the fiscal recovery package is because of how it tried to "take care of everybody" with its draconian response to the China flu resulting in people losing their livelihoods. I hope the irony isn't lost on you.
            You’re one of those anti-mask Karens, aren’t you?

Comment

You’re one of those anti-mask Karens, aren’t you?
              I do know that the way I've seen the vast majority of people using masks isn't doing them or any one else a bit of good.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I do know that the way I've seen the vast majority of people using masks isn't doing them or any one else a bit of good.
                “Some people don’t wash their hands properly, so let’s not wash hands.”

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Um....... scuze me?
                  You insulted me twice, but here all you did was wring your hands in passing. Yeah, you're a real stand-up guy.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Realistically there's no way he watched the entire video. He probably just watched five seconds of it, saw someone was supporting him, and retweeted it. He tends to have a bad habit of not checking out the entire context of things he's retweeting.
                    Yes, he is almost always irresponsible and negligent in his abuse of the power of the presidency. When you hold high office, you are responsible to make sure that the thing you support, explicitly and implicitly, represent this nation and your vision for the nation.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

“Some people don’t wash their hands properly, so let’s not wash hands.”
                      I think its called black and white thinking. If it isnt good, it's bad. If it isn't done perfectly, it's not worth doing at all.

But mostly it's just an excuse to support Trump even though the cost of that sort of thinking across the nation may well be multiple 10's of thousands of lives
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-29-2020, 07:57 AM.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                        In this case it's Occam's razor. You'd need to find something less defensible to prove racism.

Here, he's just being stupid. This move is too sure a way to lose votes.
                        Not with his racist base it isn't, and his racist base are the people he seems most intent on pleasing. I'm not sure, but when told about the "white power" quote in the video, did he denounce it?
                        Last edited by JimL; 06-29-2020, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Not with his racist base it isn't, and his racist base are the people he seems most intent on pleasing. I'm not sure, but when told about the "white power" quote in the video, did he denounce it.
                          To not denounce his deference to racism serves two purposes:

1) since they are not explicit, he can feed the 'fake news' mantra. His minions will dutifully declare the observation and rightful characterization of his action a biased interpretation of what he did.

2) the neo nazi's and white supremacists will be able to continue to believe that even if he is not technically 'one of them', he's so close they can give him their full support.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-29-2020, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Not with his racist base it isn't, and his racist base are the people he seems most intent on pleasing. I'm not sure, but when told about the "white power" quote in the video, did he denounce it?
                            No he did not denounce nor apologize.
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

I didn't know, though I suspected that he did not denounce it. Turns out, from a google search, my suspicians were correct, he never did denounced it, and that speaks volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                It's scary -- literally scary -- how you guys keep creating these "gotcha" threads about this faux claim of racism against Trump that always turns out to be bogus, yet you completely ignore Biden's past. Imagine if Trump had worked with white supremacists (not the fake "white supremacist" that's thrown around today by you clowns, but LITERAL 70s southern white supremacists) to vehemently oppose black segregation. It would be an open and shut case that Trump was a bonafide racist, even if Trump profusely apologized or made excuses for it. It would be a no-brainer. That type hypocrisy astounds the heck out of me.
                                As far as I know the "gotcha" statements and actions of Trump have not been found "bogus." In fact Trump has a well documented history of racism.

Frank

Comment