Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Christians Need Reparations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Christians Need Reparations

I knew briefly about white indentured servants in America but was not aware of white slavery as the larger component under this category.

Recently also I had heard about Christian women being taken and put into Islam harems.

This video is a reminder that we as Christians need reparations paid to us for the many of us who were brought here as slaves. This is not the real need. More importantly, we have to realize that all peoples have suffered throughout history.

The current racial divisions are being promoted primarily to cause division in America. Pray for healing of all people and overcoming of those groups that instigate division between us all, of all races.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-28-2020, 10:05 PM.

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Pray for healing of all people and overcoming of those groups that instigate division between us all, of all races.
    Republicans?

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      Republicans?
      This might qualify as the dumbest thing ever posted on this web site, which is quite a feat given that it's just one word. Congratulations.
      Last edited by Darth Executor; 06-28-2020, 10:16 PM.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        This might qualify as the dumbest thing ever posted on this web site
        Not even close!

Comment

Don't post anymore on this thread, Whateverman. I want discussions on the topic, not distractions -- at least no distractions in the early stages of the discussion.

Comment

This video is a reminder that we as Christians need reparations paid to us for the many of us who were brought here as slaves.
            Find some documentation of a real Christian person having been brought to the US as a slave (et al), and you're still nowhere near the kind of systemic racism/injustice that causes others to demand reparations.

Comment

Find some documentation of a real Christian person having been brought to the US as a slave (et al), and you're still nowhere near the kind of systemic racism/injustice that causes others to demand reparations.
              I'll join you wrt Whitney's 'ban' in solidarity against the ignorance and truly unconscionable disrespect for the millions in this country that are, in fact, the descendants of slaves and the victims of its legacy in this country.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I knew briefly about white indentured servants in America but was not aware of white slavery as the larger component under this category.

Recently also I had heard about Christian women being taken and put into Islam harems.

This video is a reminder that we as Christians need reparations paid to us for the many of us who were brought here as slaves. This is not the real need. More importantly, we have to realize that all peoples have suffered throughout history.

The current racial divisions are being promoted primarily to cause division in America. Pray for healing of all people and overcoming of those groups that instigate division between us all, of all races.
                And have the descendents of these unsubstantiated white christian slaves been discriminated against for 400 years, 200 years of which coming after their emancipation?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  And have the descendents of these unsubstantiated white christian slaves been discriminated against for 400 years, 200 years of which coming after their emancipation?
                  Not a surprise that you join the history deniers and you join in the current atmosphere to attack Christianity.

The lack of understanding of history is allowing people to promote a narrative to disrupt the country in order to weaken the nation further. You, and many others, are enablers of those hurting ourselves.

Only a fool thinks I have pushed the video to disregard valid concerns --even though the Democrats push these concerns in order to promote division. There is bigotry to assume that all blacks have the same mindset that your guilt-ridden, self-depractory viewpoint imagines them to have.

Pray for healing of our nation and the removal of those who only seek destruction.
                  Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-29-2020, 12:43 PM.

Comment

The video definitely is an eye-opener. We see how history gets covered up. This coverup is probably done to change our image of our own country -- to hide shameful things or to control the narrative. To deny the history is to allow people to manipulate us in the present era. So, it would help to examine ideas why this history was hidden.

The last thing we need to do these days is to promote more division. We need to find solutions that unify all people that will accept peaceful answers to complex problems, rather than overthrowing an otherwise stable nation.
                    Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-29-2020, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Muslims have been taking Christians (white and otherwise), Blacks and other ethnic and religious groups into slavery long before West Europe became relevant and certainly well before the United States even existed. In fact they still practice slavery today and mostly get away with it thanks to Neocons and Progressive Antiracists.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Muslims have been taking Christians (white and otherwise), Blacks and other ethnic and religious groups into slavery long before West Europe became relevant and certainly well before the United States even existed. In fact they still practice slavery today and mostly get away with it thanks to Neocons and Progressive Antiracists.
                        Considering that neocons are an exclusively US thing, and considering that there are no Muslims with white Christian slaves in the US - you might wanna reconsider that silly claim

It's true that slavery is far more prominent in other countries. Sexual slavery does exist here in the US, but that's not what this thread is talking about.

Comment

Considering that neocons are an exclusively US thing, and considering that there are no Muslims with white Christian slaves in the US - you might wanna reconsider that silly claim

It's true that slavery is far more prominent in other countries. Sexual slavery does exist here in the US, but that's not what this thread is talking about.
                          Yes neocons are a US thing and neocons protect arab countries like Saudi Arabia and its surrogates from punishment.

Irish slavery in the US is fairly well documented if you're looking specifically for US slavery of white Christians.

Comment

Yes neocons are a US thing and neocons protect arab countries like Saudi Arabia and its surrogates from punishment.
                            No they don't, because neocons in the US don't have the political power to protect anyone. Neither do progressives.

Irish slavery in the US is fairly well documented if you're looking specifically for US slavery of white Christians.
                            OK, that is a decent answer. Thank you.

Comment

No they don't, because neocons in the US don't have the political power to protect anyone. Neither do progressives.
                              Geopolitical actors very much can look the other way at things, and do. This debate came to the forefront a couple years ago when the Saudis had Jamal Khashoggi killed, and the US's executive and legislative branches were at odds as to whether they should care.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment