Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Christians Need Reparations

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

White Christians Need Reparations

I knew briefly about white indentured servants in America but was not aware of white slavery as the larger component under this category.

Recently also I had heard about Christian women being taken and put into Islam harems.

This video is a reminder that we as Christians need reparations paid to us for the many of us who were brought here as slaves. This is not the real need. More importantly, we have to realize that all peoples have suffered throughout history.

The current racial divisions are being promoted primarily to cause division in America. Pray for healing of all people and overcoming of those groups that instigate division between us all, of all races.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-28-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Pray for healing of all people and overcoming of those groups that instigate division between us all, of all races.
    Republicans?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Republicans?
    This might qualify as the dumbest thing ever posted on this web site, which is quite a feat given that it's just one word. Congratulations.
    Last edited by Darth Executor; 06-28-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

4. Amen Christian3 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    This might qualify as the dumbest thing ever posted on this web site
    Not even close!

6. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Don't post anymore on this thread, Whateverman. I want discussions on the topic, not distractions -- at least no distractions in the early stages of the discussion.

8. Amen Christian3 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This video is a reminder that we as Christians need reparations paid to us for the many of us who were brought here as slaves.
    Find some documentation of a real Christian person having been brought to the US as a slave (et al), and you're still nowhere near the kind of systemic racism/injustice that causes others to demand reparations.

10. Amen oxmixmudd, JimL, EvoUK amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Find some documentation of a real Christian person having been brought to the US as a slave (et al), and you're still nowhere near the kind of systemic racism/injustice that causes others to demand reparations.
    I'll join you wrt Whitney's 'ban' in solidarity against the ignorance and truly unconscionable disrespect for the millions in this country that are, in fact, the descendants of slaves and the victims of its legacy in this country.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

12. Amen Whateverman amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I knew briefly about white indentured servants in America but was not aware of white slavery as the larger component under this category.

Recently also I had heard about Christian women being taken and put into Islam harems.

This video is a reminder that we as Christians need reparations paid to us for the many of us who were brought here as slaves. This is not the real need. More importantly, we have to realize that all peoples have suffered throughout history.

The current racial divisions are being promoted primarily to cause division in America. Pray for healing of all people and overcoming of those groups that instigate division between us all, of all races.
    And have the descendents of these unsubstantiated white christian slaves been discriminated against for 400 years, 200 years of which coming after their emancipation?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    And have the descendents of these unsubstantiated white christian slaves been discriminated against for 400 years, 200 years of which coming after their emancipation?
    Not a surprise that you join the history deniers and you join in the current atmosphere to attack Christianity.

The lack of understanding of history is allowing people to promote a narrative to disrupt the country in order to weaken the nation further. You, and many others, are enablers of those hurting ourselves.

Only a fool thinks I have pushed the video to disregard valid concerns --even though the Democrats push these concerns in order to promote division. There is bigotry to assume that all blacks have the same mindset that your guilt-ridden, self-depractory viewpoint imagines them to have.

Pray for healing of our nation and the removal of those who only seek destruction.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-29-2020 at 10:43 AM.

15. Amen Darth Executor amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The video definitely is an eye-opener. We see how history gets covered up. This coverup is probably done to change our image of our own country -- to hide shameful things or to control the narrative. To deny the history is to allow people to manipulate us in the present era. So, it would help to examine ideas why this history was hidden.

The last thing we need to do these days is to promote more division. We need to find solutions that unify all people that will accept peaceful answers to complex problems, rather than overthrowing an otherwise stable nation.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-29-2020 at 11:02 AM.