Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Dems Love Mail In Voting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    I saw nothing about voter fraud in the The Atlantic article you linked to.
    That's right.

They claimed no fraud takes place
    Nope. One Republican claimed "minimal-to-no fraud", which isn't a "they", and it isn't what you wrote.

but that mail-in voting was advantageous to Reps in certain districts and the political conundrum of Reps trying to balance this advantage with Trump's rhetoric against mail-in voting. Maybe you just don't read the articles you link to, or don't know what voter fraud is? But if you believe it proves Reps have a propensity to commit it
    I don't believe that, and I neither said nor implied otherwise. Where are you getting this from? Did you read what I said in my post? Here it is again:

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    I haven't seen anyone mention the fact that has Trump voted by mail:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...voted-by-mail/

---

On a related note, it turns out that Republicans love absentee ballots too:
    I don't see anything about propensities or even voter fraud.

<shrug/>
    Last edited by Whateverman; 07-03-2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
      Then put in additional safeguards and stop making excuses.
      "Safeguards" are considered suppressing minority votes, and therefore racist. Sorry, game over.

Comment

Source: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/trump-republicans-vote-mail-arizona-florida/612625/

The Republicans Telling Their Voters to Ignore Trump
        GOP leaders in swing states are huge fans of voting by mail, despite the president’s unrelenting attacks on the practice.

There’s a major complication in President Donald Trump’s recent crusade against voting by mail, which he has called “a scam” that will lead to “the greatest Rigged Election” in history: In states that Trump desperately needs to win this fall, Republicans love it.

Take Arizona, where polls show Trump trailing former Vice President Joe Biden after he carried the state narrowly in 2016. Republicans pioneered Arizona’s mail-in balloting system, which now accounts for about 80 percent of the state’s vote. “It’s been remarkably successful,” Chuck Coughlin, a longtime GOP operative and a onetime aide to the late Senator John McCain, told me. “There’s been minimal to no fraud for a long period of time.”

Republicans say the same in Florida, the quadrennial swing state where voting by mail has become more and more popular in recent years, especially with older GOP voters. (One of the older GOP voters who uses the system is Trump himself.) “Yes, Florida Republicans over the last two decades have dominated absentees,” Joe Gruters, the state’s party chairman, told me.

Trump’s unrelenting attacks on the integrity of mail-in voting are puzzling for a variety of reasons, not least because they are unfounded. But they’re particularly awkward for Republican leaders—especially those allied with the president—who need their voters to continue using a system Trump is trying to discredit. The president has, for example, gone after Michigan’s Democratic secretary of state, Jocelyn Benson, for mailing absentee-ballot applications to every voter in the state as part of an effort to avoid depressed turnout due to the coronavirus pandemic. But GOP leaders in several other states have done the same thing.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
          "Safeguards" are considered suppressing minority votes, and therefore racist. Sorry, game over.
          The specific argument the left uses (and there is actual video evidence of this) is that minorities are too poor or just dumb and don't know how to get or lack the necessary resources in obtaining a special ID for voting (like they don't know how to get to the DMV or just can't get there), therefore, they argue, this is how the racist right wants to suppress the minority vote.

Comment

The specific argument the left uses (and there is actual video evidence of this) is that minorities are too poor or just dumb and don't know how to get or lack the necessary resources in obtaining a special ID for voting (like they don't know how to get to the DMV or just can't get there), therefore, they argue, this is how the racist right wants to suppress the minority vote.
            Bogus right wing argument with NO documented evidence. It is simply a reality in the South, and documented history the the black vote has been methodically suppressed since the end of reconstruction, and still remains so to an extent in Georgia at least. I hope things change for the 2020 election.

By the way as cited Republicans have mail in balloting.
            Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-03-2020, 07:02 PM.
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              Bogus right wing argument with NO documented evidence. It is simply a reality in the South, and documented history the the black vote has been methodically suppressed since the end of reconstruction, and still remains so to an extent in Georgia at least. I hope things change for the 2020 election.

By the way as cited Republicans have mail in balloting.
              What does anything you said have to do with voter ID? And that it is in fact what liberals argue -- that minorities are too dumb or lack the resources to get voter ID, thus their votes would be suppressed. Are you against this voting safeguard, and if so, why?

Comment

Sure, that and some others.

It is just mere coincidence that strong safeguards means they can't cheat.

Remember, you ain't black if you don't vote for Joe, and maybe you ain't black if you are smart enough to get a voter ID?

Comment

Sure, that and some others.

It is just mere coincidence that strong safeguards means they can't cheat.

Remember, you ain't black if you don't vote for Joe, and maybe you ain't black if you are smart enough to get a voter ID?
                  You are dodging the point of the thread, Several Republican states have mail in voting, and factually most historical voter corruption did not involve mail in ballots, in fact it is rare. It was the Republicans recently got caught with their fingers in the voter jar, and it did not involve mail in ballots.

Frank

Comment

Voting is a right and a duty, therefore if safeguards are to be put in place, then it is the duty of the government to supply access. Anything else, is, voter suppression.

Comment

You are dodging the point of the thread, Several Republican states have mail in voting, and factually most historical voter corruption did not involve mail in ballots, in fact it is rare. It was the Republicans recently got caught with their fingers in the voter jar, and it did not involve mail in ballots.
                      The point of the thread is Democrat corruption of the voting process.

Your dodging meter is broken.

Comment

A point which has failed to have been made successfully.

It's an objective fact that Republicans "love mail-in voting" just as much as Democrats (if not more). This means that the correlation (mail-in voting <--> voter fraud) either is false, or that both parties love voter fraud. And really, it's pathetically easy to find examples of Republicans doing the same thing Democrats are being accused of here. Anyone who thinks the problem is limited only to one party is an idiot.

Comment

Your dodging meter is broken.
                          That is not the point of the thread, which is mail in voting. Your dodging meter is broken failing to acknowledge that the Republicans have mail in voting in some Republican states.

Frank

Comment

In the history of the South is the suppression of black voting and presently in Georgia "Safeguards" like the lack of equipment, overwhelmed polls in minority in minority districts, and removing blacks from election roles.

Sorry game over.

Frank

Comment

I saw nothing about voter fraud in the The Atlantic article you linked to. They claimed no fraud takes place, but that mail-in voting was advantageous to Reps in certain districts and the political conundrum of Reps trying to balance this advantage with Trump's rhetoric against mail-in voting. Maybe you just don't read the articles you link to, or don't know what voter fraud is? But if you believe it proves Reps have a propensity to commit it, then why are you and Dems adamant about pushing it? Explain that logic to me.
                              Correct there is no significant fraud in mail-in voting in either Democratic nor Republican states, but in North Carolina the Republicans were caught with their fingers in the vote jar, and an election was considered invalid.

Frank

Comment

In the history of the South is the suppression of black voting and presently in Georgia "Safeguards" like the lack of equipment, overwhelmed polls in minority in minority districts, and removing blacks from election roles.

Sorry game over.

Once again, it is the local officials who are in charge of setting things up for voting, so if there are major screw-ups and delays you need to look at the local level. And where there are screw-ups here like lack of equipment and overwhelmed polls the Democrats are in firm if not total control.

Just like how the left vainly sought to blame Republicans for the 100% Democrat incompetence of what happened during their primary in Iowa the fact is that they can't get their acts together here either.

This was why one of the mayors in south Fulton County, who is a black Democrat, berated his party for making them, yet again, the laughing stock of the state during an election. They are like the Keystone Kops.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment