Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Dems Love Mail In Voting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Dems Love Mail In Voting...

New Jersey politicians charged in massive mail-in ballot voter fraud scheme, face years in prison

New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal has filed voter fraud charges against four men, including two Paterson City officials, who allegedly engaged in a mail-in ballot scheme during a special election last month.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-je...ail-in-ballots

https://www.insidernj.com/grewal-ann...ez-two-others/
    Last edited by seer; 06-29-2020, 11:25 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

But, but, but, voter fraud is just a conservative myth!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Of course!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        No it isn't.

Massive voter fraud is, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
          No it isn't.

Massive voter fraud is, though.
          "Massive voter fraud" is a relative term. The point is this proves the possibility and the propensity. When it comes to an election as large as the general election, even if this happens at a .001% rate, we're talking serious numbers that can have a profound effect.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            The point is this proves the possibility
            A proof that was unnecessary; everyone thinks voter fraud is a possibility.

and the propensity.
            No, it's failed utterly to prove that. If one example of accused voter fraud (maybe you should wait for a verdict?) supposedly proves the propensity of Democrats to commit voter fraud, then one example of Christian persecution of Jews proves the propensity of Christians to persecute Jews.

That's your logic, and it bites you in the hinder just as much as anyone else.

Comment

A proof that was unnecessary; everyone thinks voter fraud is a possibility.

No, it's failed utterly to prove that. If one example of accused voter fraud (maybe you should wait for a verdict?) supposedly proves the propensity of Democrats to commit voter fraud, then one example of Christian persecution of Jews proves the propensity of Christians to persecute Jews.

That's your logic, and it bites you in the hinder just as much as anyone else.
              You're not only creating a strawman, but you're also snipping (which I consider editing because you're omitting parts of) my post. I never said democrats only have a propensity to commit fraud. I was speaking of voter fraud in general.

Comment

I never said democrats only have a propensity to commit fraud.
                Ok I'll say it!

Comment

You're not only creating a strawman, but you're also snipping (which I consider editing because you're omitting parts of) my post. I never said democrats only have a propensity to commit fraud. I was speaking of voter fraud in general.
                  And I didn't take your post the way you implied.

You've qualified that post - and I'm still right. The one instance of accused voter fraud (you should be waiting for a verdict before concluding anything) by Democrats DOES NOT PROVE THE PROPENSITY OF VOTER FRAUD IN GENERAL (which is what you just claimed).

And really, you're posting in defense of the OP, which DOES assert voter fraud by Dems - and the author him/her self asserts it explicitly. How else am I supposed to interpret your post other than it being a specific attack on Democrats, rather than some vague comment about voter fraud independent of political ideology?
                  Last edited by Whateverman; 06-30-2020, 11:37 AM.

Comment

And I didn't take your post the way you implied.

You've qualified that post - and I'm still right. The one instance of accused voter fraud (you should be waiting for a verdict before concluding anything) by Democrats DOES NOT PROVE THE PROPENSITY OF VOTER FRAUD IN GENERAL (which is what you just claimed).

And really, you're posting in defense of the OP, which DOES assert voter fraud by Dems - and the author him/her self asserts it explicitly. How else am I supposed to interpret your post other than it being a specific attack on Democrats, rather than some vague comment about voter fraud independent of political ideology?
                    I would say, being that the method of voting shift from conventional voting to mail-in is recent, it proves the propensity. If mail-in voting had been the conventional way all along and we had a history, then yeah, a drop in the bucket.

Comment

I would say, being that the method of voting shift from conventional voting to mail-in is recent, it proves the propensity.
                      You would be 100% wrong. Just because mail-in voting is on the increase doesn't prove that mail-in voting is likely to result in voter fraud.

Sorry, but this is an issue of basic statistic and logic, and you're on the wrong side of both here.

Comment

You would be 100% wrong. Just because mail-in voting is on the increase doesn't prove that mail-in voting is likely to result in voter fraud.

Sorry, but this is an issue of basic statistic and logic, and you're on the wrong side of both here.
                        No, that doesn't mean I'm 100% wrong. You disagree, fine. And I wish you'd stop omitting my posts. I said we have only a recent history of mail-in voting because of covid, yet we already have a potential scandal unfolding. That shows propensity. That was my point you left out. All we need is .001% fraud, maybe even less, to majorly affect the general.

Comment

No, that doesn't mean I'm 100% wrong. You disagree, fine. And I wish you'd stop omitting my posts. I said we have only a recent history of mail-in voting because of covid, yet we already have a potential scandal unfolding. That shows propensity. That was my point you left out. All we need is .001% fraud, maybe even less, to majorly affect the general.
                          You have failed utterly to demonstrate that this one instance of alleged voter fraud proves there's a propensity towards it with mail-in voting.

That's not an opinion or disagreement. That's a fact.

Comment

You have failed utterly to demonstrate that this one instance of alleged voter fraud proves there's a propensity towards it with mail-in voting.

That's not an opinion or disagreement. That's a fact.
                            No, it's your opinion. Cool

Comment

https://apnews.com/4caee44c73736e54fdbf4ab052c52fe2

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A former judge of elections in Philadelphia has admitted accepting cash bribes to tamper with the results of the city’s primary elections from 2014-2016, federal prosecutors announced Thursday.
                              Domenick J. Demuro, 73, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to deprive voters of their civil rights and violating the Travel Act, U.S. Attorney William M. McSwain said. DeMuro faces up to 15 years in prison when he’s sentenced June 30.
                              DeMuro admitted that a political consultant — whose name was not revealed by prosecutors — paid him bribes to add fraudulent votes for certain Democratic candidates running for judge positions. McSwain did not name the candidates or say if any of them won their elections.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment