Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Dems Love Mail In Voting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    https://apnews.com/4caee44c73736e54fdbf4ab052c52fe2

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A former judge of elections in Philadelphia has admitted accepting cash bribes to tamper with the results of the city’s primary elections from 2014-2016, federal prosecutors announced Thursday.
    Domenick J. Demuro, 73, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to deprive voters of their civil rights and violating the Travel Act, U.S. Attorney William M. McSwain said. DeMuro faces up to 15 years in prison when he’s sentenced June 30.
    DeMuro admitted that a political consultant — whose name was not revealed by prosecutors — paid him bribes to add fraudulent votes for certain Democratic candidates running for judge positions. McSwain did not name the candidates or say if any of them won their elections.
    Philadelphia is likely even worse than Chicago for this sort of fraud. During every presidential election several precincts end up turning in significantly more votes than there are people living there. Not just more than the number of registered voters but all residents including infants. And I'm sure that nobody is surprised that they tend to be 100% for the Democrat candidate. Apparently not even one single contrarian lives in any of these precincts.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If you guys can’t figure out a way to safely vote by mail in this day and age then it’s either:

1. You don’t want this option available
      Or
      2. You live in a technologically inferior nation

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
        If you guys can’t figure out a way to safely vote by mail in this day and age then it’s either:

1. You don’t want this option available
        Or
        2. You live in a technologically inferior nation
        3. You live in a nation where liberals want to commit voter fraud and try to find ways around safeguards.

In this case they were caught.

4. False choices are illogical.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
          3. You live in a nation where liberals want to commit voter fraud and try to find ways around safeguards.

In this case they were caught.

4. False choices are illogical.
          Then put in additional safeguards and stop making excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
            No more-so than conservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Philadelphia is likely even worse than Chicago for this sort of fraud. During every presidential election several precincts end up turning in significantly more votes than there are people living there. Not just more than the number of registered voters but all residents including infants. And I'm sure that nobody is surprised that they tend to be 100% for the Democrat candidate. Apparently not even one single contrarian lives in any of these precincts.
              I called on this phony Breitfart reporting concerning California, and you, of course, did not respond. The claims in Chicago and Philadelphia did not involve a problem of mail in ballots.

The problem in Philadelphia are unresolved but only represent 3-4% of the districts and does not involve mail in ballots. Chicago there is no documented voter fraud due to mail in ballots.

Georgia is a far greater problem of voter suppression than any other state.

I need a response of your bogus Breitfart claim of California, and document mail in voter fraud specifically with sources.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Of course!
                First thing you got right in a long time.

Voter fraud has been around since, and as cited it is uncovered and prosecuted. In North Carolina the only voter fraud case of significance were Republicans as the guilty party.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  "Massive voter fraud" is a relative term. The point is this proves the possibility and the propensity. When it comes to an election as large as the general election, even if this happens at a .001% rate, we're talking serious numbers that can have a profound effect.
                  Your neglecting the facts that voter fraud has been around for the whole history of Democracy. Voter fraud has been on a large scale in many major cities by one party or the other.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    But, but, but, voter fraud is just a conservative myth!
                    To large extent it is, isn't it?
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    The things that you're liable
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life
                    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

I haven't seen anyone mention the fact that has Trump voted by mail:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...voted-by-mail/

---

On a related note, it turns out that Republicans love absentee ballots too:

The Republicans Telling Their Voters to Ignore Trump

GOP leaders in swing states are huge fans of voting by mail, despite the president’s unrelenting attacks on the practice.

There’s a major complication in President Donald Trump’s recent crusade against voting by mail, which he has called “a scam” that will lead to “the greatest Rigged Election” in history: In states that Trump desperately needs to win this fall, Republicans love it.

Take Arizona, where polls show Trump trailing former Vice President Joe Biden after he carried the state narrowly in 2016. Republicans pioneered Arizona’s mail-in balloting system, which now accounts for about 80 percent of the state’s vote. “It’s been remarkably successful,” Chuck Coughlin, a longtime GOP operative and a onetime aide to the late Senator John McCain, told me. “There’s been minimal to no fraud for a long period of time.”

Republicans say the same in Florida, the quadrennial swing state where voting by mail has become more and more popular in recent years, especially with older GOP voters. (One of the older GOP voters who uses the system is Trump himself.) “Yes, Florida Republicans over the last two decades have dominated absentees,” Joe Gruters, the state’s party chairman, told me.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                        I haven't seen anyone mention the fact that has Trump voted by mail
                        Absentee ballots have been popular for decades among Republicans. When I lived in California, they tended to be counted first and you could pretty much predict Republican candidates would win everything based on those alone. But electioneers would always point out that absentees lean Republican and you couldn't make predictions from them.

Comment

I haven't seen anyone mention the fact that has Trump voted by mail:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...voted-by-mail/

---

On a related note, it turns out that Republicans love absentee ballots too:
                          I think the unintended point you made is that Reps don't have a propensity to commit voter fraud.
                          Last edited by seanD; 07-03-2020, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            I think the unintended point you made is that Reps don't have a propensity to commit voter fraud.
                            Weird. If there was any unintended point, it'd be that Republicans DO commit voter fraud.

And yet I'm stating explicitly that I did not make that point, nor did I make the one you wrote - nor can I see exactly what it is you're talking about here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                              Absentee ballots have been popular for decades among Republicans. When I lived in California, they tended to be counted first and you could pretty much predict Republican candidates would win everything based on those alone. But electioneers would always point out that absentees lean Republican and you couldn't make predictions from them.
                              I don't see anything wrong with absentee ballots, at all, no matter which party makes use of them.

Comment

Weird. If there was any unintended point, it'd be that Republicans DO commit voter fraud.

And yet I'm stating explicitly that I did not make that point, nor did I make the one you wrote - nor can I see exactly what it is you're talking about here.
                                I saw nothing about voter fraud in the The Atlantic article you linked to. They claimed no fraud takes place, but that mail-in voting was advantageous to Reps in certain districts and the political conundrum of Reps trying to balance this advantage with Trump's rhetoric against mail-in voting. Maybe you just don't read the articles you link to, or don't know what voter fraud is? But if you believe it proves Reps have a propensity to commit it, then why are you and Dems adamant about pushing it? Explain that logic to me.

Comment