Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Trump War-chest...

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

The Trump War-chest...

Analysts have been pointing to the so-called president amassing huge amounts of campaign-money for a few years now. It's dwarfed all Democrat contenders (which makes sense, because there were twenty (+) of them and only one of him), and has signaled that he was going to have a loud voice once the spending begun.

I live in MA, and to be frank, we don't see tons of political tv ads. Yes, they're definitely present during campaign seasons, but I've been to other states, and it's seemed as if tv political advertising is much more prevalent elsewhere.

In the last week or two, I've seen three different anti-Biden ads on tv from the Trump campaign. Each ad has been repeated several times. Regardless of what I think of those ads, the number and frequency of them may be a sign that the so-called president is starting to spend his money more seriously.

Anyone else concur?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Analysts have been pointing to the so-called president amassing huge amounts of campaign-money for a few years now. It's dwarfed all Democrat contenders (which makes sense, because there were twenty (+) of them and only one of him), and has signaled that he was going to have a loud voice once the spending begun.

I live in MA, and to be frank, we don't see tons of political tv ads. Yes, they're definitely present during campaign seasons, but I've been to other states, and it's seemed as if tv political advertising is much more prevalent elsewhere.

In the last week or two, I've seen three different anti-Biden ads on tv from the Trump campaign. Each ad has been repeated several times. Regardless of what I think of those ads, the number and frequency of them may be a sign that the so-called president is starting to spend his money more seriously.

Anyone else concur?
    I've been seeing tons of ads for both Trump and Biden, on both Yahoo! and YouTube. I don't know who's paying for them because I would need to click on them (and I refuse to do that) or watch the ads all the way to the end (and I refuse to do that). It might be from the candidates' war chests or from PACS. All in all, it's been about equal.

Trump likes to campaign. He gets a big kick out of strutting around on stage and getting applause. I expect he'll be doing a lot of that in the near future. Biden ... not so much. He needs to stay in his basement and carefully read from scripts.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    I've been seeing tons of ads for both Trump and Biden, on both Yahoo! and YouTube. I don't know who's paying for them because I would need to click on them (and I refuse to do that) or watch the ads all the way to the end (and I refuse to do that). It might be from the candidates' war chests or from PACS. All in all, it's been about equal.
    It's fair to point out that anti-Trump ads have been running for a while now, so I didn't mean to imply that he's the only one spending money. It's just that within the last week or two, there's been a pretty obvious increase in Trump-spending.

At least here in MA.

Has anyone else seen anti-Biden ads on the increase lately?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Anyone else concur?
    I pay a little extra to have ad-free TV. It's particularly more valuable as we get closer to elections.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I pay a little extra to have ad-free TV. It's particularly more valuable as we get closer to elections.
    But how will you know who to vote for if they can't tell you?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    But how will you know who to vote for if they can't tell you?
    I figure, at election time, if their lips are moving, they're lying.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ... the so-called president...
    Care to explain what you mean by this? Is he not the duly elected President of the US?

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

8. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Care to explain what you mean by this?
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Is he not the duly elected President of the US?
    Did you get this incensed when the proto-president was lobbing the same insult?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sure.

Did you get this incensed when the proto-president was lobbing the same insult?
    I see nothing in BtC's post that implies he's "incensed". Perhaps you're projecting?

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I see nothing in BtC's post that implies he's "incensed". Perhaps you're projecting?
    Perhaps you need a dictionary, or a better prescription from your optometrist?