Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Trump War-chest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trump War-chest...

Analysts have been pointing to the so-called president amassing huge amounts of campaign-money for a few years now. It's dwarfed all Democrat contenders (which makes sense, because there were twenty (+) of them and only one of him), and has signaled that he was going to have a loud voice once the spending begun.

I live in MA, and to be frank, we don't see tons of political tv ads. Yes, they're definitely present during campaign seasons, but I've been to other states, and it's seemed as if tv political advertising is much more prevalent elsewhere.

In the last week or two, I've seen three different anti-Biden ads on tv from the Trump campaign. Each ad has been repeated several times. Regardless of what I think of those ads, the number and frequency of them may be a sign that the so-called president is starting to spend his money more seriously.

Anyone else concur?

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    Analysts have been pointing to the so-called president amassing huge amounts of campaign-money for a few years now. It's dwarfed all Democrat contenders (which makes sense, because there were twenty (+) of them and only one of him), and has signaled that he was going to have a loud voice once the spending begun.

I live in MA, and to be frank, we don't see tons of political tv ads. Yes, they're definitely present during campaign seasons, but I've been to other states, and it's seemed as if tv political advertising is much more prevalent elsewhere.

In the last week or two, I've seen three different anti-Biden ads on tv from the Trump campaign. Each ad has been repeated several times. Regardless of what I think of those ads, the number and frequency of them may be a sign that the so-called president is starting to spend his money more seriously.

Anyone else concur?
    I've been seeing tons of ads for both Trump and Biden, on both Yahoo! and YouTube. I don't know who's paying for them because I would need to click on them (and I refuse to do that) or watch the ads all the way to the end (and I refuse to do that). It might be from the candidates' war chests or from PACS. All in all, it's been about equal.

Trump likes to campaign. He gets a big kick out of strutting around on stage and getting applause. I expect he'll be doing a lot of that in the near future. Biden ... not so much. He needs to stay in his basement and carefully read from scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      I've been seeing tons of ads for both Trump and Biden, on both Yahoo! and YouTube. I don't know who's paying for them because I would need to click on them (and I refuse to do that) or watch the ads all the way to the end (and I refuse to do that). It might be from the candidates' war chests or from PACS. All in all, it's been about equal.
      It's fair to point out that anti-Trump ads have been running for a while now, so I didn't mean to imply that he's the only one spending money. It's just that within the last week or two, there's been a pretty obvious increase in Trump-spending.

At least here in MA.

Has anyone else seen anti-Biden ads on the increase lately?

Comment

Anyone else concur?
        I pay a little extra to have ad-free TV. It's particularly more valuable as we get closer to elections.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I pay a little extra to have ad-free TV. It's particularly more valuable as we get closer to elections.
          But how will you know who to vote for if they can't tell you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            But how will you know who to vote for if they can't tell you?
            I figure, at election time, if their lips are moving, they're lying.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

... the so-called president...
              Care to explain what you mean by this? Is he not the duly elected President of the US?
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Care to explain what you mean by this?
                Sure.

Is he not the duly elected President of the US?
                Did you get this incensed when the proto-president was lobbing the same insult?

Comment

Sure.

I see nothing in BtC's post that implies he's "incensed". Perhaps you're projecting?

Comment

I see nothing in BtC's post that implies he's "incensed". Perhaps you're projecting?
                    Perhaps you need a dictionary, or a better prescription from your optometrist?

Comment

Perhaps you need a dictionary :)
                      Perhaps you need to quit banging your head on your keyboard.

Comment

Perhaps you need to quit banging your head on your keyboard.
                        I'll stop when the stupidity dies down.

Comment

I'll stop when the stupidity dies down.
                          Well, it's REALLY stupid to bang your head on a keyboard, so you are perpetuating stupidity.

Good job!

Comment

Oh, so imitation? I hear it's the most sincere form of flattery!

Incensed? I had no idea why you were calling him that and just asked a question. Maybe take a break and do something you find pleasurable? I just had a nice visit with my 31 week pregnant daughter. First grandchild coming
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Oh, so imitation? I hear it's the most sincere form of flattery!
                              You didn't take it that way...

Comment