Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Don't Dare Defend Yourself From The MOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    Yes, a bad weapon of choice when outside confronting a mob from a distance. Probably the worst choice. Sh'd be better off with a bag of rocks to throw.
    I think it shows these are not "gun people".

Have you seen the video yet?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I think it shows these are not "gun people".

Have you seen the video yet?
      The two or three videos I've seen are short and don't reveal much. One shows that some of the "protesters" were on their lawn - and got off once they saw the guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        The two or three videos I've seen are short and don't reveal much. One shows that some of the "protesters" were on their lawn - and got off once they saw the guns.
        I saw one where these guys are actually coming in the iron gate onto their private property.
        If you live in a gated community, and somebody violates that boundary, you can rightly imagine they'd not stop at your front door.

Lemme see if I can find it --- I do remember that it was one of those where some guy is doing a lot of commentary on it...
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Breaking the gates and walking down a private road/drive, threatening people, looks like a justifiable show of force. No one was shot, no one was injured. Don't want a gun pointed at you? Don't trespass and destroy things.
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
            Breaking the gates and walking down a private road/drive, threatening people, looks like a justifiable show of force. No one was shot, no one was injured. Don't want a gun pointed at you? Don't trespass and destroy things.
            It's dumb to aim a gun at someone with your finger on the trigger unless you intend to use it. In fact, it doesn't require training to know that, just common sense. She was probably scared by the look in her eyes, but had she accidentally fired it and injured or killed someone, she'd be in jail and her life ruined.

Comment

Nor were any shots even fired -- warning or otherwise.

We are rapidly reaching this point:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'll pay your airfare to go teach that poor lady how to handle a firearm, LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  It's dumb to aim a gun at someone with your finger on the trigger unless you intend to use it. In fact, it doesn't require training to know that, just common sense. She was probably scared by the look in her eyes, but had she accidentally fired it and injured or killed someone, she'd be in jail and her life ruined.
                  There is nothing here with which I can find fault.

Seriously, though, yeah --- an accidental discharge may have even prompted return fire, even if she didn't hit anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    I'll pay your airfare to go teach that poor lady how to handle a firearm, LJ.
                    There is nothing here with which I can find fault.

Seriously, though, yeah --- an accidental discharge may have even prompted return fire, even if she didn't hit anybody.
                    Sure, she probably shouldn't have had her finger on the trigger, but, she might have felt threatened enough to think she might be rushed...the protestors were yelling some pretty offensive stuff at them. He repeatedly said to get off his property...so, can you be charged if you shoot someone breaking down your gate and trespassing on your private property after repeatedly telling them to leave? IDK about Missouri law, but I think it would be hard pressed to stick in Texas...
                    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Sure, she probably shouldn't have had her finger on the trigger, but, she might have felt threatened enough to think she might be rushed...the protestors were yelling some pretty offensive stuff at them. He repeatedly said to get off his property...so, can you be charged if you shoot someone breaking down your gate and trespassing on your private property after repeatedly telling them to leave? IDK about Missouri law, but I think it would be hard pressed to stick in Texas...
                      I don't know about their state but in my state you can shoot someone on your property if you feel like you or someone else is at personal risk of injury or death. I would think that if you have a mob breaking into your private gated area on your property you could just shoot at that point and not be charged. A reasonable person would be fearing for their lives. Castle Law.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I don't know about their state but in my state you can shoot someone on your property if you feel like you or someone else is at personal risk of injury or death. I would think that if you have a mob breaking into your private gated area on your property you could just shoot at that point and not be charged. A reasonable person would be fearing for their lives. Castle Law.
                        I think he should invest in a couple well-trained Dobermans (Dobermen?). Remember Magnum PI? Zeus and Apollo?

dobermans.jpg

Imagine sitting in that chair with an AR-15 across your lap.

Comment

I think he should invest in a couple well-trained Dobermans (Dobermen?). Remember Magnum PI? Zeus and Apollo?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46372[/ATTACH]

Imagine sitting in that chair with an AR-15 across your lap.
                          The only one they ever caught was Magnum.... (Just finished rewatching the whole series on Amazon Prime)

Comment

The only one they ever caught was Magnum....
                            Yup, that was a running gag.

Comment

Yup, that was a running gag.
                              "running."

Comment

The only one they ever caught was Magnum.... (Just finished rewatching the whole series on Amazon Prime)
                                Talk about irony. My uncle, who was a lawyer, has a rottweiler that bit the guests at his home.

Comment