Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can Leftists Be More Hypocritical...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    To answer the question in the title: Yes, yes they can.
    They haven't even begun to plumb the depths of their hypocrisy.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Classic example....

Slandering those he accuses of slander.
      http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...397#post757397

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We shouldn't lump all liberals together though.

Comment

We shouldn't lump all liberals together though.
          I frequently make exceptions for Leon!

And, yes, we seem to be blessed with only the looniest of the leftists here on Tweb.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I frequently make exceptions for Leon!

And, yes, we seem to be blessed with only the looniest of the leftists here on Tweb.
            We have many who are not extreme liberals: Leonhard, King's Gambit, Catholicity, Carp (most of the time), and several others.

My comment above was geared towards the extreme liberals that are currently in the news though. Like the ones rioting, looting, defunding the police, tearing down statues, all in the name of "peace" and "justice"

Comment

We have many who are not extreme liberals: Leonhard, King's Gambit, Catholicity, Carp (most of the time), and several others.
              Interesting --- I don't consider them liberals. But, yeah, I guess... because they're not loony leftists?

My comment above was geared towards the extreme liberals that are currently in the news though. Like the ones rioting, looting, defunding the police, tearing down statues, all in the name of "peace" and "justice"
              As I pointed out several times, Leon has reminded me that the liberals we have here (the nutters) are NOT like "real" liberals.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Interesting --- I don't consider them liberals. But, yeah, I guess... because they're not loony leftists?

As I pointed out several times, Leon has reminded me that the liberals we have here (the nutters) are NOT like "real" liberals.
                Durn commies.

Comment

Leon's pretty extreme. I have nothing against the dude, but yeah. I think you might be confusing extreme leftist political views and the way they express those views. Leon is much less abrasive about it than JimL or DivineOb. But they all share the same loony leftist political views overall.

Comment

For the record, I do consider myself a liberal, or at least at some position left-of-center. But this, right here, what you said, is just blatant hypocrisy and insanity, and I can't support it.

Comment

Originally posted by LeaC View Post
                      For the record, I do consider myself a liberal, or at least at some position left-of-center. But this, right here, what you said, is just blatant hypocrisy and insanity, and I can't support it.
                      Are you agreeing that the liberals who claim they want justice and peace while rioting are hypocrites or are you saying I am a hypocrite for saying that?

Comment

Durn commies.
                        I betcha he's even got a Commie flag tacked up on the wall inside of his garage (around 3:20 mark)

Comment

Civilized people don't poop on cop cars, loot and riot, makes excuses for the looting and rioting, vandalize, trespass, obstruct traffic, burn down buildings of people their own color....... I could go on.
                          Not normally, but these are not normal times. All this is trivial detail and we should not be distracted by it.

This pandemic has proved that our present mode of existence is far too unreliable for comfort. Massive job losses are the order of the day. They are not coming back anytime soon.

We have to invent a new economy, in which everyone is included. We demand it.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            Not normally, but these are not normal times. All this is trivial detail and we should not be distracted by it.

This pandemic has proved that our present mode of existence is far too unreliable for comfort. Massive job losses are the order of the day. They are not coming back anytime soon.

We have to invent a new economy, in which everyone is included. We demand it.
                            Looting and rioting does nothing toward that end.

Comment

Looting and rioting does nothing toward that end.
                              You see, this is you being distracted by the small stuff. Try to think on a God-like scale, with a God’s eye point of view. This is what we need now. We’ve had enough of Trump’s tweets; do you see how ridiculous they are?
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                You see, this is you being distracted by the small stuff. Try to think on a God-like scale, with a God’s eye point of view. This is what we need now. We’ve had enough of Trump’s tweets; do you see how ridiculous they are?
                                You're pretty pathetic calling for violence in America when you're not even from this country. How do you even classify someone like that? I would say that's pretty darn close to a foreign operative.

Comment