Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can Leftists Be More Hypocritical...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    You're pretty pathetic
    When an argument is led with an unprovoked personal attack, you know it's gonna be extra-special...

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      You see, this is you being distracted by the small stuff. Try to think on a God-like scale, with a God’s eye point of view. This is what we need now. We’ve had enough of Trump’s tweets; do you see how ridiculous they are?
      Trump's tweets are small stuff.

Bacon, brother. Bacon.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        You're pretty pathetic calling for violence in America when you're not even from this country. How do you even classify someone like that? I would say that's pretty darn close to a foreign operative.
        I protest! I did not now or ever call for violence. Peace and Love is my motto.

Do you understand what violence is? It could be anything from a punch on the nose to a Republican Senator’s vote; if someone is harmed by it.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Civilized people don't … burn down buildings of people their own color....... I could go on.
          Civilized people don't burn down buildings of people of other colours either.
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Do you understand what violence is? It could be anything from a punch on the nose to a Republican Senator’s vote; if someone is harmed by it.
            Ironic that you are asking if others understand what violence is

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Ironic that you are asking if others understand what violence is
              Is it? You know, I expect very little from some people on this forum and my expectations are often frustrated. I seem to live on disappointment. I don't complain about it, and I don't worry what people think about me. I have given up aggressive language and advocate for brotherly love among all men.

We are learning that all are in the same boat; all creeds, races, sexes and what have you. Your border wall project and rounding up undocumented immigrants is a study in extreme violence. Trump's "the virus will suddenly disappear" is a study in extreme inhumanity. This America, its reflection highlighted for you by the virus; it holds up a mirror, should make you uncomfortable. But, do you understand it?

This is definitely a time for prayerful self examination. Those with good hearts cannot do anything but act for change - to free the downtrodden minorities. And if you imagine that they are not downtrodden, you have not done enough prayerful self examination.

By the way, unnoticed systemic violence was explained by Slavoj Zizek a few years ago.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                Civilized people don't burn down buildings of people of other colours either.
                Please forgive me - I thought that was a given.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I protest! I did not now or ever call for violence. Peace and Love is my motto.

A punch "on the nose" is violence. A vote is not. Words mean things.

Comment

Please forgive me - I thought that was a given.
                    It isn't to racists who think only they are civilized.
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Not to racists who don't think the others count as people.
                      Let's be clear, Roy, I was talking about black owners who were screaming at the black looters that "you are burning down OUR business".

Am I racist for that? Did you jump to the wild conclusion that I was talking about white people?

Comment

Let's be clear, Roy, I was talking about black owners who were screaming at the black looters that "you are burning down OUR business".

Am I racist for that? Did you jump to the wild conclusion that I was talking about white people?
                        No, just noting that your careless phrasing left room for the idea that civilised people can burn down the buildings of other races - cf Kristallnacht and Klan church arson.

I would hope that your comment on what civilized people do applied to people of all races. You didn't need to comment on the colour of the looters and the buildings' owners. The only reason to do so is if it makes a difference in your view.
                        Last edited by Roy; 07-02-2020, 08:44 AM.

Comment

No, just noting that your careless phrasing
                          It was specific -- sorry you jumped to the wrong conclusion.

left room for the idea that civilised people can burn down the buildings of other races - cf Kristallnacht and Klan church arson.
                          Civilized people don't do that, and it was PARTICULARLY painful to the blacks whose buildings and business and homes were destroyed by their own.

I would hope that your comment on what civilized people do applied to people of all races.
                          Gosh, you are SO MUCH more virtuous than I am!

You didn't need to comment on the colour of the looters and the buildings' owners. The only reason to do so is if it makes a difference in your view.
                          Once again --- it was the BLACK business owners who felt they were betrayed by their OWN in protest of "cops". It makes a TON of difference in their view.

Comment

Bacon, brother. Bacon.
                            Whatever that means. The many such references on this website, some accompanied by pictures of grilled bacon appear to be an in-joke that I do not get. The customs and laws of religious folks are a little strange. Maybe you are familiar with "The Meaning of Life" (1983). I won't post a link, but there is a very funny sketch about Protestants and French ticklers in it that might amuse you - the theme, if not the detail is similar.

Comment

Bacon, brother. Bacon.
                              Whatever that means.
                              AHA!!!! We have hereby diagnosed the problem!!!!

The many such references on this website, some accompanied by pictures of grilled bacon appear to be an in-joke that I do not get.
                              It's a silly meme enjoyed by higher lifeforms who possess a sense of humor. Our Tweb liberals, in general, lack any sense of humor whatsoever. They seem to thrive on gloom and doom and negativity.

The customs and laws of religious folks are a little strange. Maybe you are familiar with "The Meaning of Life" (1983). I won't post a link, but there is a very funny sketch about Protestants and French ticklers in it that might amuse you - the theme, if not the detail is similar.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Whatever that means. The many such references on this website, some accompanied by pictures of grilled bacon appear to be an in-joke that I do not get. The customs and laws of religious folks are a little strange. Maybe you are familiar with "The Meaning of Life" (1983). I won't post a link, but there is a very funny sketch about Protestants and French ticklers in it that might amuse you - the theme, if not the detail is similar.
                                It's a reference to a pro-bacon thread in the Home Economics forum.

I'm guessing that, loosely-interpreted, meant "relax, be happier".

Comment