Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New York City Going Down the Tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York City Going Down the Tubes

'Occupy City Hall' Protesters Are Not Pleased With the NYPD Budget Cuts Math

New York City Council Caves to demands of the leftist extremist nutters, but the nutters are still protesting.

A once great city going down the tubes, and some of our very own Tweb leftists are on the record excusing this insanity.

By Ruschell Boone , Debora Fougere and Shannan Ferry New York City
    PUBLISHED 6:30 PM ET Jun. 30, 2020 UPDATED 7:14 PM ET Jun. 30, 2020

Protests continue outside City Hall. Hundreds are still gathered in a nearby park for the eighth night in a row. This, as the City Council prepares to vote on the new $88 billion city budget.

At the center of the protests is the demand to defund the NYPD by $1 billion. According to Mayor de Blasio, the budget does, in fact, contain a billion dollar decrease in police funding, but protesters say that doesn’t satisfy them.

Crime is up, and you can probably expect it to spike.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Cutting police budget in major cities during a time of economic crisis is a perfect recipe for disaster. These people know not what they do. If I didn't believe in supernatural influences, it would almost look intentional to me it's so devastatingly perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Cutting police budget in major cities during a time of economic crisis is a perfect recipe for disaster. These people know not what they do. If I didn't believe in supernatural influences, it would almost look intentional to me it's so devastatingly perfect.
      Could be the work of the Russians and Mayor de Blasio is in collusion with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Is there any example, anywhere, where cutting police services lowered crime? Are leftists really this insane?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

'Occupy City Hall' Protesters Are Not Pleased With the NYPD Budget Cuts Math

New York City Council Caves to demands of the leftist extremist nutters, but the nutters are still protesting.

A once great city going down the tubes, and some of our very own Tweb leftists are on the record excusing this insanity.

By Ruschell Boone , Debora Fougere and Shannan Ferry New York City
          PUBLISHED 6:30 PM ET Jun. 30, 2020 UPDATED 7:14 PM ET Jun. 30, 2020

Protests continue outside City Hall. Hundreds are still gathered in a nearby park for the eighth night in a row. This, as the City Council prepares to vote on the new $88 billion city budget.

At the center of the protests is the demand to defund the NYPD by $1 billion. According to Mayor de Blasio, the budget does, in fact, contain a billion dollar decrease in police funding, but protesters say that doesn’t satisfy them.

Sounds like a pandemic of crime is afoot.

I have decided I will social distance from new york, chicago, and any other big city.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
            I have decided I will social distance from new york, chicago, and any other big city.
            Smart, stay away from high population centers...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Is there any example, anywhere, where cutting police services lowered crime? Are leftists really this insane?
              Actually, yes, but it involved a world-wide revival! (Well, the police services were cut BECAUSE of the decrease in crime because of the revival, but, YES!)
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                Sounds like a pandemic of crime is afoot.

I believe major corporations, wealthy individuals, and persons who generally enjoy peace and order will also be social distancing from those locales, and they will be magnets for criminals and hooligans.

Comment

Actually, yes, but it involved a world-wide revival! (Well, the police services were cut BECAUSE of the decrease in crime because of the revival, but, YES!)
                  Well apart from a religious revival...

Comment

Well apart from a religious revival...
                    Do it again, Lord!

Comment

Bill de Blasio caves to absurd ‘defund the police’ movement

Reader Jay Roberts raises the burning question of the day, one that has sparked a lively debate with one of his friends.

He writes, “You say Mayor de Blasio is a ‘putz’ but my friend says he’s a ‘schmuck.’ I suggest we send the mayor a letter asking for his opinion. A putz wouldn’t answer it, but a schmuck would.”

To which I say: Stop! You’re both right!

For those who don’t speak New York, think of a putz as a hapless fool, someone incapable of doing the right thing. A schmuck, on the other hand, is a jerk, someone who intentionally does the wrong thing.

Unfortunately for New Yorkers, de Blasio takes turns at being both. He always screws up, the only difference being whether it’s intentional. Either way, Gotham gets screwed.

The latest evidence comes with his agreement to cut police spending by about 17 percent, including the cancellation of a new class of rookies. With retirements soaring, that guarantees fewer cops on the street just as murder and mayhem are turning much of the city into the Wild West.

Murders are up 25 percent this year and the police counted 63 shootings last week, compared with 26 for the same week last year.

The violent tide suggests the bad guys have no fear of being *arrested. Why should they? And if they are, the new bail law requires judges to release most of them *immediately anyway......

Comment

Shootings skyrocket more than 200% in NYC, just weeks after NYPD disbands 'anti-crime' unit

https://www.theblaze.com/news/nyc-sh...nti-crime-unit

Comment

Shootings skyrocket more than 200% in NYC, just weeks after NYPD disbands 'anti-crime' unit

https://www.theblaze.com/news/nyc-sh...nti-crime-unit
                          While I don't wish that on anybody (unlike out lefties) maybe it will wake people up to realize this path they're going down ain't so rosy.

ETA: They need to get Frank back as PC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            Can you elaborate on the bolded part? It's as clear as mud.

Comment

While I don't wish that on anybody (unlike out lefties) maybe it will wake people up to realize this path they're going down ain't so rosy.

ETA: They need to get Frank back as PC!!!
                              Did Frank leave? I just saw him on TV last Friday!

Comment