Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York City Going Down the Tubes

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

New York City Going Down the Tubes

'Occupy City Hall' Protesters Are Not Pleased With the NYPD Budget Cuts Math

New York City Council Caves to demands of the leftist extremist nutters, but the nutters are still protesting.

A once great city going down the tubes, and some of our very own Tweb leftists are on the record excusing this insanity.

By Ruschell Boone , Debora Fougere and Shannan Ferry New York City
    PUBLISHED 6:30 PM ET Jun. 30, 2020 UPDATED 7:14 PM ET Jun. 30, 2020

Protests continue outside City Hall. Hundreds are still gathered in a nearby park for the eighth night in a row. This, as the City Council prepares to vote on the new $88 billion city budget.

At the center of the protests is the demand to defund the NYPD by $1 billion. According to Mayor de Blasio, the budget does, in fact, contain a billion dollar decrease in police funding, but protesters say that doesn’t satisfy them.

Crime is up, and you can probably expect it to spike.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Cutting police budget in major cities during a time of economic crisis is a perfect recipe for disaster. These people know not what they do. If I didn't believe in supernatural influences, it would almost look intentional to me it's so devastatingly perfect.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

3. Amen seer, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Cutting police budget in major cities during a time of economic crisis is a perfect recipe for disaster. These people know not what they do. If I didn't believe in supernatural influences, it would almost look intentional to me it's so devastatingly perfect.
    Could be the work of the Russians and Mayor de Blasio is in collusion with them.

5. Amen seer amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Is there any example, anywhere, where cutting police services lowered crime? Are leftists really this insane?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    'Occupy City Hall' Protesters Are Not Pleased With the NYPD Budget Cuts Math

New York City Council Caves to demands of the leftist extremist nutters, but the nutters are still protesting.

A once great city going down the tubes, and some of our very own Tweb leftists are on the record excusing this insanity.

By Ruschell Boone , Debora Fougere and Shannan Ferry New York City
    PUBLISHED 6:30 PM ET Jun. 30, 2020 UPDATED 7:14 PM ET Jun. 30, 2020

Protests continue outside City Hall. Hundreds are still gathered in a nearby park for the eighth night in a row. This, as the City Council prepares to vote on the new $88 billion city budget.

At the center of the protests is the demand to defund the NYPD by $1 billion. According to Mayor de Blasio, the budget does, in fact, contain a billion dollar decrease in police funding, but protesters say that doesn’t satisfy them.

Sounds like a pandemic of crime is afoot.

I have decided I will social distance from new york, chicago, and any other big city.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maranatha View Post
    I have decided I will social distance from new york, chicago, and any other big city.
    Smart, stay away from high population centers...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Is there any example, anywhere, where cutting police services lowered crime? Are leftists really this insane?
    Actually, yes, but it involved a world-wide revival! (Well, the police services were cut BECAUSE of the decrease in crime because of the revival, but, YES!)
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maranatha View Post
    Sounds like a pandemic of crime is afoot.

I believe major corporations, wealthy individuals, and persons who generally enjoy peace and order will also be social distancing from those locales, and they will be magnets for criminals and hooligans.

11. Amen Thoughtful Monk amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Actually, yes, but it involved a world-wide revival! (Well, the police services were cut BECAUSE of the decrease in crime because of the revival, but, YES!)
    Well apart from a religious revival...

13. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Well apart from a religious revival...
    Do it again, Lord!

15. Amen seer amen'd this post.