Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Larry Elder's New Doc, 'Uncle Tom,' Will Frighten the American Left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Elder's New Doc, 'Uncle Tom,' Will Frighten the American Left

Larry Elder's New Doc, 'Uncle Tom,' Will Frighten the American Left

I doubt it will actually frighten the left, but I thought I'd at least share the story.

scare.jpg

Is there anything more frightening to the American political left and their high media priests of the woke world than Black Americans who think for themselves and refuse to kneel?

No. Black people who become conservatives and dare question Democratic Party policies, from social programs to public education, are a threat to control. And so, they are demeaned by Democratic politicians and either ignored outright or marginalized as race traitors, sellouts and "Uncle Toms."

Is there anything more frightening to the American political left and their high media priests of the woke world than Black Americans who think for themselves and refuse to kneel?

No. Black people who become conservatives and dare question Democratic Party policies, from social programs to public education, are a threat to control. And so, they are demeaned by Democratic politicians and either ignored outright or marginalized as race traitors, sellouts and "Uncle Toms."
    Recommended

It's a way to humiliate them, shut them up and cancel them. And the party's handmaidens of the media play along.

But that's one reason why Larry Elder's stunning new film, "Uncle Tom: An Oral History of the American Black Conservative," is so important, especially now.

Elder, the prominent conservative radio talk show host, discussed his new movie on "The Chicago Way" podcast that I co-host with WGN radio producer Jeff Carlin.

Elder is one of the producers and writers of the film, which was directed by Justin Malone.

"The 'Uncle Tom' movie simply asks a very simple question: Why can't we have an intelligent, healthy discussion within the Black community without a whole cadre of well-educated, bright, thoughtful Black people being maligned and discarded as sellouts?" said Elder. "What's prompting this?"

It is an inspiring and optimistic film, a series of interviews with well-known and not-so-well-known Americans who think for themselves and refuse to see a victim when they look in the mirror. You'll see the courageous American economist and philosopher Thomas Sowell, a personal hero of mine.

But those who are less well known are perhaps even more compelling. You'll also witness the dignity of small businessman Chad O. Jackson. He's a contractor, not famous, but he wrestles with the big questions of politics and policy. After realizing he's a conservative, he gets grief from his family of Democrats.

Jackson refuses to be herded out of fear. And that makes him heroic.

Right now, at this time, "Uncle Tom" just might be the most important film out there. ....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Larry is starting to look a lot like Candace Owens. Must be his haircut.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      I kinda wondered why they used that pic.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        Did you assume it's gender?

Comment