Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Shaun King Calls For Destroying Statues Of Jesus, Smashing Stained Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun King Calls For Destroying Statues Of Jesus, Smashing Stained Glass

Shaun King Calls For Destroying Statues Of Jesus, Smashing Stained Glass

Shaun King, a prominent left-wing fundraiser and activist, endorsed the destruction of religious icons and statues in which Jesus appeared “white.” He described the artwork, which includes some of the most recognizable pieces of art in the Western canon, as tools of white supremacy.

“They should all come down,” King said Monday on Twitter. He claimed religious artwork was created as “tools of oppression” and “racist propaganda.”

"All murals and stained glass windows of white Jesus, and his European mother, and their white friends should also come down,” King tweeted.

King has over 1 million followers on Twitter, and in 2018 was ranked by TIME magazine as one of the 25 most influential people on the internet.

white jesus.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I like to poke fun at the inaccurate portrayals of skin color, but I doubt they are the result of bigoted motives. Just ignorance of what people from that time amd place looked like.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      I like to poke fun at the inaccurate portrayals of skin color, but I doubt they are the result of bigoted motives. Just ignorance of what people from that time amd place looked like.
      Well, I have always been amused that Jesus, in movies, is white with blond hair and speaks King James English with a British accent.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Well, I have always been amused that Jesus, in movies, is white with blond hair and speaks King James English with a British accent.
        Since Galilee was the equivalent of rural Appalachia(well, Galilee had even worse reputation), would't a more rural accent make sense?

Comment

Wait? That is not true?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

He's an irrelevant self-promoter. He'll say anything for clicks or a chance at being relevant again.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              He's an irrelevant self-promoter.
              He has 1.2 million followers.

He'll say anything for clicks or a chance at being relevant again.
              Which is a YUGE part of the messaging problem.

Comment

He has 1.2 million followers.
                So does a guy playing Hearthstone on youtube, and Glenn Beck. He's largely irrelevant.

Which is a YUGE part of the messaging problem.
                When you can control the conservative weirdos out there, I'll hold myself accountable for the liberal weirdos.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  So does a guy playing Hearthstone on youtube, and Glenn Beck. He's largely irrelevant.
                  It only takes one nutter doing something wacky.

When you can control the conservative weirdos out there, I'll hold myself accountable for the liberal weirdos.
                  Control? I prefer to expose and educate.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                    Since Galilee was the equivalent of rural Appalachia(well, Galilee had even worse reputation), would't a more rural accent make sense?
                    Good point. The Galileans were considered to be hicks by many Judaeans - hence Peter's accent betraying him in the Synoptic gospel accounts [Matt.26.73; Mark 14.70; Luke 22.59]
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    The things that you're liable
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life
                    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                      Good point. The Galileans were considered to be hicks by many Judaeans - hence Peter's accent betraying him in the Synoptic gospel accounts [Matt.26.73; Mark 14.70; Luke 22.59]
                      Then there was Nathanial asking, "Can anything good come from Nazareth?" in John 1.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Hollywood is missing out on having a movie where Jesus is underestimated for having a country accent. Oh, and have an average looking guy with near 3ast appearance play Him. Come on, it would be more accurate. And they should not skimp on the special effects.

Comment