Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coincidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    None of the above. It's a common symbol that has been widely associated with the United States for over 200-years.
    Don't confuse them with facts...

150px-PresidentHayesInvitationCOA.jpg
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      If you think that symbol represents nazism
      It's represented much more in the past, but to the modern person, it very much is the symbol of Nazism.

and thus proves Trump is a white supremacist
      That ship sailed decades ago.

because it's part of a pattern of behavior you believe he displays over and over again
      It has nothing to do with my beliefs. His racism is an established/objective fact.

you're delusional.
      ... and here we reveal, once again, the underlying basis for almost every single argument I've seen you offer here: the personal attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post

From your stupid link:

Trump made comments following a 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, that were seen by critics as implying moral equivalence between the white supremacist marchers and those who protested against them. Some interpreted his remarks as sympathetic to white supremacy[28] despite the fact Trump said white nationalists should be "condemned totally".[28][29] In 2018, during an Oval Office meeting about immigration reform, Trump allegedly referred to El Salvador, Haiti, and African countries as "poopholes", which was widely condemned as a racist comment.[30][31][32] In July 2019, Trump tweeted about Democratic congresswomen of color: "Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."[33] News outlets such as The Atlantic criticized this comment as a common racist trope.[34] He later denied his comments were racist, saying "if somebody has a problem with our country, If somebody doesn't want to be in our country, they should leave."[35]
        What is racist here?
        Last edited by seer; 07-02-2020, 02:28 PM.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

It's represented much more in the past, but to the modern person, it very much is the symbol of Nazism.

It has nothing to do with my beliefs. His racism is an established/objective fact.

... and here we reveal, once again, the underlying basis for almost every single argument I've seen you offer here: the personal attack.
          I take personal offense to racism paranoids like yourself who keep propagating a fake racism narrative in this country. You're not just perpetuating more racial tension than is necessary, but actually hurting my race this way, because these phony racism narratives are diluting REAL and legit instances of racism.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            From your stupid link:

What is racist here?
            That's a different thread; SeanD is talking about patterns, remember? Not single incidents, but many of them - over the course of decades.

Comment

It's represented much more in the past, but to the modern person nutter , it very much is the symbol of Nazism
              fify
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's a different thread; SeanD is talking about patterns, remember? Not single incidents, but many of them - over the course of decades.
                The three I referenced were not racist - which ones were - be specific....

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]46234[/ATTACH]

Who volunteers to tell a US Marine that they're a bunch of Nazis?
                  The only unique similarity is both eagles are looking Left in the OP. Yeah, I'd say that's a coincidence.

Otherwise, I think Nazis ripped off the US symbols.

dbb5eb24526275b21a296b67adbe735f.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                    The only unique similarity is both eagles are looking Left in the OP. Yeah, I'd say that's a coincidence.
                    The direction the eagle is facing has changed throughout US history, so even that's not significant.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      The direction the eagle is facing has changed throughout US history, so even that's not significant.
                      One of the "facings" had to do with the head turned toward the arrows (war) or the olive branches (peace).
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        In this case, the design is so identical that a coincidence is very unlikely. Since it's so obvious, I suspect it's a troll job on the part of whoever designed it.
                        Turns out it's a royalty-free stock image (https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-...ector-27835066).

My thinking is along the same lines: whoever was responsible for "designing" the merch was browsing stock images for something patriotic they could use, saw this and thought "yes! This is the one! This will make the libtards go crazy!" (since trolling libs seems to be Trump and friend's favorite thing to do).

I think it could just be a strait up coincidence, but searching "eagle" or "patriotic" or "patriotic eagle" or the like on that site brings up a lot of different patriotic eagle-type images, but you have to go pages and pages deep before you find anything with as many similarities, making me think it was probably a deliberate choice.

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
                          Turns out it's a royalty-free stock image (https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-...ector-27835066).

My thinking is along the same lines: whoever was responsible for "designing" the merch was browsing stock images for something patriotic they could use, saw this and thought "yes! This is the one! This will make the libtards go crazy!" (since trolling libs seems to be Trump and friend's favorite thing to do).

I think it could just be a strait up coincidence, but searching "eagle" or "patriotic" or "patriotic eagle" or the like on that site brings up a lot of different patriotic eagle-type images, but you have to go pages and pages deep before you find anything with as many similarities, making me think it was probably a deliberate choice.
                          Unless you're being sarcastic, I don't get why it has to be a coincidence when the Marine Corp symbol is literally the exact same symbol as the one on the shirt. What logic are you guys using? Perhaps one might curiously ask why the corps' symbol resembles the nazi symbol (unless our symbol predates the nazi one; I honestly don't know), but it seems Trump merely fashioned that symbol from the Marine Corp one.

Comment

...unless our symbol predates the nazi one; I honestly don't know...
                            It actually dates back to at least Roman times...

Return_of_the_Roman_military_standards.jpg

The eagle has been depicted as facing right, left, and even straight ahead throughout history...

10427_pd2215898_1.jpg
                            10427_pd2215914_1.jpg
                            eagle+symbol.jpg

In some cases, it has two heads, one right facing and one left facing...

Двухглавый_орё&#10.jpg

And, yes, even the Nazis used a right facing eagle...

23158435708.jpg
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I would be more concerned that both Rome and Nazi Germany flushed down the tubes eventually.

Doesn't bode well for the US. Unless of course all that history gets erased so nobody accidentally repeats it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment