Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Washington Redskins May Finally Change Their Name

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    These from my son:

French vanilla, English toffee, Irish cream, German chocolate cake.

And:

Spanish flu. Swine flu/Mexican flue (the former offensive to Israel, the latter to Mexico), Marburg virus, Sika virus, Fujian flu, Ebola. We already changed the Wuhan flue to corona-covid.
    Will I have to give up my Big Chief Yellow Tablet?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    Pontiac is a defunct brand as of 2010.
    They are replacing that racist name with others. Tuareg and Cherokee and Qashqai.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Apparently, going into an Irish bar and ordering an Irish Car Bomb is a good way to start a fight.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

4. Amen Cow Poke, Leonhard amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Afraid so. It will get tossed out along with the Ticonderoga pencil.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Apparently, going into an Irish bar and ordering an Irish Car Bomb is a good way to start a fight.

I sure hope this isn't personal experience!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

7. Amen KingsGambit amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    They'll have to change the name of Big Chief Mountain in southern Alberta.

I think I will change my av in honour of the mountain for a while. Spent many, many days under it's shadow while visiting Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park. Who knows when it will be renamed to Big Sissy or some such.

9. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I sure hope this isn't personal experience!
    I learned about these from my roommate in college (who ended up getting kicked out of the dorms for hosting too many parties).
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Chinaman's Hat in Hawaii.

Every Chinatown, everywhere. Little Italy, etc.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    I actually never knew it as anything other than Corona or COVID-19 in European news. It's actually only on this forum that I see people obstinately calling it "Wuhan virus" or "Chicom China virus".
    That's "Chicom coronavirus."

It is in part a reaction of the MSM, which regularly called it the Wuhan coronavirus, Chinese coronavirus, and the like right up to the very instant that Trump did and then magically the same folks who had been using those same terms puffed out their chests and self-righteously started squeaking and screeching about racism and xenophobia HERE is a video of members of the MSM using those terms dozens of times right up until Trump did as well. I should also note that a LexisNexis search revealed that Asian news services were also calling it the Wuhan virus.

As for European news...

And that's just a few I pulled up that used "Wuhan virus" or "Wuhan coronavirus" in their titles. Many more contained those terms in the body of the story.

I didn't even look to see how many called "Chinese virus" or "Chinese coronavirus"
    Last edited by rogue06; 07-15-2020 at 02:51 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    That's "Chicom coronavirus."

It is in part a reaction of the MSM, which regularly called it the Wuhan coronavirus, Chinese coronavirus, and the like right up to the very instant that Trump did and then magically the same folks who had been using those same terms puffed out their chests and self-righteously started squeaking and screeching about racism and xenophobia HERE is a video of members of the MSM using those terms dozens of times right up until Trump did as well. I should also note that a LexisNexis search revealed that Asian news services were also calling it the Wuhan virus.

As for European news...

And that's just a few I pulled up that used "Wuhan virus" or "Wuhan coronavirus" in their titles. Many more contained those terms in the body of the story.

I didn't even look to see how many called "Chinese virus" or "Chinese coronavirus"
    Interesting, I never saw it much in my own search. Danish news have at least been constantly calling it Corona virus. Or maybe I'm just biased because I prefer that name.