Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Washington Redskins May Finally Change Their Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suggest that when the fans start a chant to cheer the Commanders on, that in honor of the Democrat party, they yell "Let's Go Commies!"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I suggest that when the fans start a chant to cheer the Commanders on, that in honor of the Democrat party, they yell "Let's Go Commies!"
      That's maybe the most natural way to shorten it. Most of the multi syllable teams have shortened names - the Pats, the Niners, the Bucs. There isn't a good way to shorten this one.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• On reflection, I'm a little surprised they went with Commanders. To me, seems a little too militaristic.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I suggest that when the fans start a chant to cheer the Commanders on, that in honor of the Democrat party, they yell "Let's Go Commies!"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• So a name honoring American Indians has finally been stamped out of existence and replaced with a name that invokes white imperialism. I'm sure privileged white liberals are proud of themselves.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              So a name honoring American Indians has finally been stamped out of existence and replaced with a name that invokes white imperialism. I'm sure privileged white liberals are proud of themselves.
              Yeah, maybe they should have changed their name to the Washington Masters.

Comment