Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NFL to play Black national anthem before game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL to play Black national anthem before game...

I am so done with a game I loved from childhood...

NFL to play Black national anthem before 'The Star-Spangled Banner' at Week 1 games

https://sports.yahoo.com/-nfl-to-pla...211305337.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Same here. I grew up watching the NFL and now I don't care anymore.

But I was more put off by the disloyalty of owners moving teams all over the place. Why invest any attachment to a team that will uproot and leave at the first chance an owner can make a couple extra $million somewhere else?

Comment

What specifically is so upsetting about this to you?
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        I am so done with a game I loved from childhood...

NFL to play Black national anthem before 'The Star-Spangled Banner' at Week 1 games

https://sports.yahoo.com/-nfl-to-pla...211305337.html
        I gave it up when they wussified it with all the "no quarterback contact" "no targeting" "no hitting a defenseless receiver" ambiguous rule changes they made. So no skin off my nose.

Comment

I've made no secret of the fact that I am morally conflicted about football after what happened to Junior Seau and Jevon Belcher. But this controversy is silly. The "black national anthem" is not a divisive black power song at all. My kindergartener learned it in school and came home singing it and I had no idea it was even tied to race.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            What specifically is so upsetting about this to you?
            There is no Black Nation here, so there is no NATIONAL anthem. So that is a lie, there is only one national anthem in and for the United States...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              There is no Black Nation here, so there is no NATIONAL anthem. So that is a lie, there is only one national anthem in and for the United States...
              The song wasn't directly written to be a "national anthem"; some people just call it that. It's more of an inspirational song... sort of like how it's traditional for God Bless America to be sung in the seventh inning on Sundays of baseball games.

Comment

The song wasn't directly written to be a "national anthem"; some people just call it that. It's more of an inspirational song... sort of like how it's traditional for God Bless America to be sung in the seventh inning on Sundays of baseball games.
                It's the camel under the nose thing. If we give way to them changing tradition and culture based on lies, it won't stop.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  It's the camel under the nose thing. If we give way to them changing culture based on lies, it won't stop.
                  If singing this particular song is offensive to you, I'm sorry, you're a snowflake.

Comment

If singing this particular song is offensive to you, I'm sorry, you're a snowflake.
                    Strawman. I didn't say the song itself was offensive. I said: "If we give way to them changing culture based on lies, it won't stop." That's the issue.

Comment

They are calling it a national anthem for a reason, every news source I have read is calling it that. If you can't see what is going on I can't help you.

Comment

And you are an idiot.

Comment

Black national anthem? I didn't even know that was a thing.

Would it be considered racist to kneel while it plays?
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Would it be considered racist to kneel while it plays?
                            Probably...

Comment

I've made no secret of the fact that I am morally conflicted about football after what happened to Junior Seau and Jevon Belcher. But this controversy is silly. The "black national anthem" is not a divisive black power song at all. My kindergartener learned it in school and came home singing it and I had no idea it was even tied to race.
                              Why would we need separate national anthems in the first place. We don't have separate nations.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment