Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NFL to play Black national anthem before game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    I love how the rational Christian guy views BLM hyperliterally when it’s been explained to you time and again BLM isn’t a hyperliteral slogan.
    Then why do they get upset when you say "All Lives Matter?"
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Then why do they get upset when you say "All Lives Matter?"
      Because it’s a reaction to the hyperliteral interpretation of BLM, you knob.

Comment

Says who? You?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I love how the rational Christian guy views BLM hyperliterally when it’s been explained to you time and again BLM isn’t a hyperliteral slogan.
          And yet they force those to say All Lives Matter to beg for forgiveness for saying All Lives Matter.
          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Considering how those who dared to declare that "All Lives Matter" were hounded by the BLM crowd (like Martin O'Malley, who while running for president in 2016 was forced to apologize for saying it[1]), it is pretty clear that for BLM and their cronies it means "only black lives matter."

And O'Malley isn't the only Democrat presidential contender who was forced to bend the knee to the BLM thugs and beg forgiveness. Hyper "woke" "Mayor Pete" Buttigieg was forced to apologize last year declaring that he regrets saying "all lives matter" and will no longer use that phrase while humbling himself in front of race pimp "Reverend" Al Sharpton's National Action Network gathering in New York.

In fact, as USA Today explains: #AllLivesMatter hashtag is racist, critics say because it is "the opposite" of Black Lives Matter.

So yet again, it appears that the one who is "a clueless dope" is (as usual) you.

1. There have been numerous others:

2. The opening paragraph says it all

The president of prestigious Smith College is red-faced and apologetic Tuesday for telling students on the Northampton, Mass., campus that "all lives matter."

If they didn't mean it that way then none of this would ever have happened.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And yet they force those to say All Lives Matter to beg for forgiveness for saying All Lives Matter.

If they didn't mean it that way then none of this would ever have happened.
            I love a Christian who advocates nuanced reading of sacred text but interprets BLM as meaning only “black lives matter.” It doesn’t get more stupid than that.

Comment

I love a Christian who advocates nuanced reading of sacred text but interprets BLM as meaning only “black lives matter.” It doesn’t get more stupid than that.
              It's because "Black Lives Matter" itself rejects a more nuanced understanding of its name. If you try to interpret it as being inclusive of not just blacks then they blast you as a racist.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                It's because "Black Lives Matter" itself rejects a more nuanced understanding of its name. If you try to interpret it as being inclusive of not just blacks then they blast you as a racist.
                Says the guy who believes mere peaceful kneeling is racist.

Comment

I'm surprised you're not picking up on the more complex interplay here; BLM can refer to the phrase itself, or to the organization. Detractors tend to focus on the organization regardless of whether the phrase is meant; supporters tend to focus on the phrase regardless of whether the organization is meant.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Who is the they? The ones painting Hammer and Sickles on statues.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46294[/ATTACH]
                    Ignoring the fact that this image has no source, and that you've given us no way to know the identity or affiliation of the people who did the spray painting - this image has nothing to do with adding a song to the beginning of a football game.

I recognize that you want to roll all of these ideas in your head into something overly-simple like "black national anthem BAD!", but you're literally making no effort to explain what this has to do with the music played at a sporting event.

Comment

And yet we're told that All Lives Matters is the opposite of Black Lives Matters so it seems that the stupid ones are those who insist on re-interpreting what BLM insists on. Y'all just can't accept that they are adamant about it meaning exactly what they says it does.

Yet another instance of leftists telling minorities what to think. BLM firmly contend that All Lives Matters is racist and that Black Lives Matters is the exact opposite of All Lives Matters. But folks like you maintain that BLM has it all wrong and what they really mean is...

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And yet we're told that All Lives Matters is the opposite of Black Lives Matters so it seems that the stupid ones are those who insist on re-interpreting what BLM insists on. Y'all just can't accept that they are adamant about it meaning exactly what they says it does.

Yet another instance of leftists telling minorities what to think. BLM firmly contend that All Lives Matters is racist and that Black Lives Matters is the exact opposite of All Lives Matters. But folks like you maintain that BLM has it all wrong and what they really mean is...
                        You okay there, bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                          Ignoring the fact that this image has no source, and that you've given us no way to know the identity or affiliation of the people who did the spray painting - this image has nothing to do with adding a song to the beginning of a football game.

I recognize that you want to roll all of these ideas in your head into something overly-simple like "black national anthem BAD!", but you're literally making no effort to explain what this has to do with the music played at a sporting event.
                          I'm not inclined to take people claiming to be BLM/antifa/whatever at face value. I found the 4chan thread where people were making fake BLM posters calling for discrimination/attacks against white people to frame the BLM movement.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            I'm not inclined to take people claiming to be BLM/antifa/whatever at face value. I found the 4chan thread where people were making fake BLM posters calling for discrimination/attacks against white people to frame the BLM movement.
                            The problem is polarity, which Trump gladly exacerbates. Both extremes are so desperate, they’re trying to fake frame each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post

That was a Columbus statue and the BLM founder said that they were trained in Marxist tactics and ideology. That is not enough for you? And yes a black national anthem is bad because it is based on a lie - there is no Black nation here. And it is exclusive - meant for black people. What about Asian and Latino Americans, where is their national anthem? And this is all part and parcel of removing The Star-Spangled Banner IMO.

Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be replaced with a new US national anthem

https://www.classicfm.com/discover-m...slavery-links/

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                This is one of these cases where they say and do enough themselves without anyone have to fake stuff.

Comment