Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NFL to play Black national anthem before game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While it’s not their national anthem, there’s no song more patriotic than ‘Scotland the brave’. Whenever that song is playing an irrational intense hatred for England starts brewing from deep within and in your heart you know that in that exact moment, if needed, you will fight and die to defend Scotland.

Hark when the night is falling
    Hear hear the pipes are calling
    Loudly and proudly calling down through the glen
    There where the fields are sleeping now feel the bloods a leaping
    High as the spirits of the old highland men

Towering in gallant fame
    Scotland my island hame
    Long May your proud standards gloriously wave
    Land of my high endeavour
    Land of the shining river
    Land of my heart forever
    Scotland the brave

(Second verse is even better)!

Down in the misty highlands
    Sought by the purple islands
    Brave are the hearts that beat beneath Scottish skies
    Wild are the winds that meet you
    Staunch are the friends that greet you
    Kind as the love that shines from fair maidens eyes

It’s just magical. And available as a compromise national anthem. It’s even hard to call it a compromise since it’s better than the other options.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
      While it’s not their national anthem, there’s no song more patriotic than ‘Scotland the brave’. Whenever that song is playing an irrational intense hatred for England starts brewing from deep within and in your heart you know that in that exact moment, if needed, you will fight and die to defend Scotland.

Towering in gallant fame
      Scotland my island hame
      Land of my heart forever
      Scotland the brave

It’s just magical. And available as a compromise national anthem. It’s even hard to call it a compromise since it’s better than the other options.
      My cousin is a bag pipe player - nothing like hearing Scotland the brave at a distance coming through the forest...

Here is cousin Dennis:

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        My cousin is a bag pipe player - nothing like hearing Scotland the brave at a distance coming through the forest...

Here is cousin Dennis:

That’s awesome!

That would literally make my chest explode from a patriotism overdose.

Comment

That’s awesome!

That would literally make my chest explode from a patriotism overdose.
          I traveled through Europe in 75, Scotland was by far my favorite country.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I traveled through Europe in 75, Scotland was by far my favorite country.

I belong in Scotland.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

While it’s not their national anthem, there’s no song more patriotic than ‘Scotland the brave’. Whenever that song is playing an irrational intense hatred for England starts brewing from deep within and in your heart you know that in that exact moment, if needed, you will fight and die to defend Scotland.

Towering in gallant fame
              Scotland my island hame
              Land of my heart forever
              Scotland the brave

Mrs. The Cat is strongly Scottish on her mother's side. A Campbell through and through. She loves the song "The bonnie banks of Loch Lomond"

That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                I belong in Scotland.
                Best Whisky in the world!

Comment

Best Whisky in the world!
                  Well, I'm not a drinker of anything. But I have roots there, and when we toured, as soon as we crossed the border from England into Scotland it was like I had returned home from a long time away.

I think I will feel like that when I cross the border into heaven, although on a much grander scale.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I think I will feel like that when I cross the border into heaven, although on a much grander scale.
                    We will finally arrive in our real home, the broad, sunlit uplands....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      Mrs. The Cat is strongly Scottish on her mother's side. A Campbell through and through. She loves the song "The bonnie banks of Loch Lomond"

I came across that video about a month ago and was very impressed. It turns out that singer is Australian (but with Scottish heritage).
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        And yet they force those to say All Lives Matter to beg for forgiveness for saying All Lives Matter.

If they didn't mean it that way then none of this would ever have happened.

Originally posted by whag View Post
                        I love a Christian who advocates nuanced reading of sacred text but interprets BLM as meaning only “black lives matter.” It doesn’t get more stupid than that.
                        Another example that when BLM claims that "All Lives Matter" is the the opposite" of "Black Lives Matter", meaning that they disagree that all lives matter; from the founder of Black Lives Matter Toronto, Yusra Khogali:

Source: Black Lives Matter co-founder appears to label white people ‘defects’

A co-founder of Black Lives Matter Toronto argued that white people are “recessive genetic defects” and purportedly mused about how the race could be “wiped out,” according to a post on what appears to be her Facebook page.

She also faced controversy in the news for a tweet posted a year ago stating: “Plz Allah give me strength to not cuss/kill these men and white folks out here today.”

While these remarks alarmed many Canadians, they pale in comparison to a statement numerous sources forwarded to the Sun that Khogali appears to have posted on Facebook in late 2015.

“Whiteness is not humxness,” the statement begins. “infact, white skin is sub-humxn.” The post goes on to present a genetics-based argument centred on melanin and enzyme.

“White ppl are recessive genetic defects. this is factual,” the post reads towards the end. “white ppl need white supremacy as a mechanism to protect their survival as a people because all they can do is produce themselves. black ppl simply through their dominant genes can literally wipe out the white race if we had the power to.”

Khogali did not respond to requests for comment from the Sun. But if she did in fact write the post, her thesis doesn’t pass muster for one of America’s leading scholars of the history of eugenics.

“The document mirrors the racism of American eugenicists who claimed in the first third of the 20th century that native whites were genetically superior not only to blacks but also to immigrants from Eastern and Southern Europe,” Daniel Kevles, a professor at Yale University, wrote to the Sun. “Their claims were without any scientific foundation and added up to expressions of naked white racism.”

Kevles’ book “In the Name of Eugenics: Genetics and the Uses of Human Heredity” is considered a leading text in the field.

“The anger and frustration that animates the Black Lives Matter movement is altogether understandable, but the way to contest pseudo-science and white prejudice is not with an alternative pseudo-science and black prejudice,” notes Kevles. “It is with moral argument and political action.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

So for Khogali whites are, in her own words, subhuman (or "sub-humxn and blacks are "superhumxns"), and she ponders exterminating them. The article also notes that BLM TO as well as the main BLM group in the U.S. wouldn't respond to questions about her comments.

So much for All Lives Matter.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Another example that when BLM claims that "All Lives Matter" is the the opposite" of "Black Lives Matter", meaning that they disagree that all lives matter; from the founder of Black Lives Matter Toronto, Yusra Khogali:

Source: Black Lives Matter co-founder appears to label white people ‘defects’

A co-founder of Black Lives Matter Toronto argued that white people are “recessive genetic defects” and purportedly mused about how the race could be “wiped out,” according to a post on what appears to be her Facebook page.

She also faced controversy in the news for a tweet posted a year ago stating: “Plz Allah give me strength to not cuss/kill these men and white folks out here today.”

While these remarks alarmed many Canadians, they pale in comparison to a statement numerous sources forwarded to the Sun that Khogali appears to have posted on Facebook in late 2015.

“Whiteness is not humxness,” the statement begins. “infact, white skin is sub-humxn.” The post goes on to present a genetics-based argument centred on melanin and enzyme.

“White ppl are recessive genetic defects. this is factual,” the post reads towards the end. “white ppl need white supremacy as a mechanism to protect their survival as a people because all they can do is produce themselves. black ppl simply through their dominant genes can literally wipe out the white race if we had the power to.”

Khogali did not respond to requests for comment from the Sun. But if she did in fact write the post, her thesis doesn’t pass muster for one of America’s leading scholars of the history of eugenics.

“The document mirrors the racism of American eugenicists who claimed in the first third of the 20th century that native whites were genetically superior not only to blacks but also to immigrants from Eastern and Southern Europe,” Daniel Kevles, a professor at Yale University, wrote to the Sun. “Their claims were without any scientific foundation and added up to expressions of naked white racism.”

Kevles’ book “In the Name of Eugenics: Genetics and the Uses of Human Heredity” is considered a leading text in the field.

“The anger and frustration that animates the Black Lives Matter movement is altogether understandable, but the way to contest pseudo-science and white prejudice is not with an alternative pseudo-science and black prejudice,” notes Kevles. “It is with moral argument and political action.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

So for Khogali whites are, in her own words, subhuman (or "sub-humxn and blacks are "superhumxns"), and she ponders exterminating them. The article also notes that BLM TO as well as the main BLM group in the U.S. wouldn't respond to questions about her comments.

So much for All Lives Matter.

Sounds almost Hitleresque.

Comment

Sounds almost Hitleresque.
                            Sounds? It is...

Comment

Sounds? It is...
                              I was almost sounding facetious.

Comment