Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL to play Black national anthem before game...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

NFL to play Black national anthem before game...

I am so done with a game I loved from childhood...

NFL to play Black national anthem before 'The Star-Spangled Banner' at Week 1 games

https://sports.yahoo.com/-nfl-to-pla...211305337.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Same here. I grew up watching the NFL and now I don't care anymore.

But I was more put off by the disloyalty of owners moving teams all over the place. Why invest any attachment to a team that will uproot and leave at the first chance an owner can make a couple extra $million somewhere else?

3. Amen seer amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What specifically is so upsetting about this to you?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I am so done with a game I loved from childhood...

NFL to play Black national anthem before 'The Star-Spangled Banner' at Week 1 games

https://sports.yahoo.com/-nfl-to-pla...211305337.html
    I gave it up when they wussified it with all the "no quarterback contact" "no targeting" "no hitting a defenseless receiver" ambiguous rule changes they made. So no skin off my nose.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've made no secret of the fact that I am morally conflicted about football after what happened to Junior Seau and Jevon Belcher. But this controversy is silly. The "black national anthem" is not a divisive black power song at all. My kindergartener learned it in school and came home singing it and I had no idea it was even tied to race.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    What specifically is so upsetting about this to you?
    There is no Black Nation here, so there is no NATIONAL anthem. So that is a lie, there is only one national anthem in and for the United States...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

8. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    There is no Black Nation here, so there is no NATIONAL anthem. So that is a lie, there is only one national anthem in and for the United States...
    The song wasn't directly written to be a "national anthem"; some people just call it that. It's more of an inspirational song... sort of like how it's traditional for God Bless America to be sung in the seventh inning on Sundays of baseball games.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The song wasn't directly written to be a "national anthem"; some people just call it that. It's more of an inspirational song... sort of like how it's traditional for God Bless America to be sung in the seventh inning on Sundays of baseball games.
    It's the camel under the nose thing. If we give way to them changing tradition and culture based on lies, it won't stop.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

11. Amen seer amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    It's the camel under the nose thing. If we give way to them changing culture based on lies, it won't stop.
    If singing this particular song is offensive to you, I'm sorry, you're a snowflake.

13. Amen whag, Whateverman amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If singing this particular song is offensive to you, I'm sorry, you're a snowflake.
    Strawman. I didn't say the song itself was offensive. I said: "If we give way to them changing culture based on lies, it won't stop." That's the issue.