Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NFL to play Black national anthem before game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    You okay there, bro?
    Matthew 7:3-5, bro.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Matthew 7:3-5, bro.
      Maybe take more comfort in scripture than lollygag here as if you’re making a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        That was a Columbus statue and the BLM founder said that they were trained in Marxist tactics and ideology. That is not enough for you? And yes a black national anthem is bad because it is based on a lie - there is no Black nation here. And it is exclusive - meant for black people. What about Asian and Latino Americans, where is their national anthem? And this is all part and parcel of removing The Star-Spangled Banner IMO.

Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be replaced with a new US national anthem

https://www.classicfm.com/discover-m...slavery-links/
        Oh noez! Someone somewhere has said something I disagree strongly with! This means everything that person says/does is wrong and must be opposed too!

Imagine what the world would be like if more people thought like you. Imagine how uncivil the conversation we're having would get if I treated your signature the same way.

--

Bottom line: this one guy's position on a song doesn't reflect upon all members of BLM, nor is it related in any way to the NFL's decision to play an additional song at the beginning of a football game.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
          Says the guy who believes mere peaceful kneeling is racist.
          And where did I say that?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
            Oh noez! Someone somewhere has said something I disagree strongly with! This means everything that person says/does is wrong and must be opposed too!

Imagine what the world would be like if more people thought like you. Imagine how uncivil the conversation we're having would get if I treated your signature the same way.

--

Bottom line: this one guy's position on a song doesn't reflect upon all members of BLM, nor is it related in any way to the NFL's decision to play an additional song at the beginning of a football game.
            It is the cumulative evidence; statues of Founders being destroyed, the Marxism of BLM, the false narrative of systemic police racism used as a wedge issue, calling a song a black national anthem when that too is a lie (there is no black nation) and voices calling for The Star-Spangled Banner to be replaced.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

That was a Columbus statue and the BLM founder said that they were trained in Marxist tactics and ideology And yes a black national anthem is bad because it is based on a lie - there is no Black nation here. And it is exclusive - meant for black people.
              What specific line in the song is exclusive?
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

It is the cumulative evidence; statues of Founders being destroyed, the Marxism of BLM, the false narrative of systemic police racism used as a wedge issue, calling a song a black national anthem when that too is a lie (there is no black nation) and voices calling for The Star-Spangled Banner to be replaced.
                You are literally taking a bunch of disparate ideas and smooshing them into a complaint about a song being played at a football game. Each of those things might be worthy of legitimate complaints, but they don't serve as "cumulative evidence" for anything.

Sorry, but it doesn't actually make any sense. You and I are going to continue to disagree because of this, so for that reason, I'll let you have the last word on it, because no further progress is going to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                  You are literally taking a bunch of disparate ideas and smooshing them into a complaint about a song being played at a football game. Each of those things might be worthy of legitimate complaints, but they don't serve as "cumulative evidence" for anything.

Sorry, but it doesn't actually make any sense. You and I are going to continue to disagree because of this, so for that reason, I'll let you have the last word on it, because no further progress is going to be made.
                  That is your opinion, mine is that all this is being pushed by leftists radicals to one degree or another.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    What specific line in the song is exclusive?
                    It this isn't black specific then why play it before NFL games? Why call it the black national anthem?

Comment

It this isn't black specific then why play it before NFL games? Why call it the black national anthem?
                      Is it only the media calling it that maybe? I’m scratching my head as well on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        Is it only the media calling it that maybe? I’m scratching my head as well on that one.
                        It was labeled that by the NAACP in 1919.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lift_Every_Voice_and_Sing

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          So the Little Mermaid is racist now?

'Racist fish': Famous statue of the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen harbor has been vandalized

https://www.theblaze.com/news/racist...mermaid-statue

Comment

So the Little Mermaid is racist now?

'Racist fish': Famous statue of the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen harbor has been vandalized

https://www.theblaze.com/news/racist...mermaid-statue
                            I heard about this earlier today and was hoping it's a hoax since I don't want to think there are people out there with this level of weapon's grade stoopid

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I heard about this earlier today and was hoping it's a hoax since I don't want to think there are people out there with this level of weapon's grade stoopid
                              Perhaps Leonhard did it because he feels left out of the movement?

Comment

Perhaps Leonhard did it because he feels left out of the movement?

Comment